Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2018, 15:45   #1
Senior - BHPian

Nexa Motorcraft unable to diagnose noise issue in Baleno

I gave my Baleno Petrol for 10k Kms 3rd service to Motorcraft, Noida Sector-63 on 7th September. I also reported an issue regarding a sound (A sound similar to like if something is loose and rusty - like chirping sound from an old gate while unlocking the gate's handle) that comes from the car when the car is driven at speeds of 20-30 kms on rough & patchy roads. Considering there pathetic service, they gave my car back without resolving the sound issue. I drove the car for 3-4 days and again reported the issue back to them. They took my car from office on 14th September around 10 am and delivered my car in same state around 4pm. Issue still not resolved and they were clueless.

I escalated the matter and called up Nexa customer care. They registered my complaint with ref no - NX2308753425. I got a call from Motorcraft Sector 57, Noida which is the dedicated Nexa service center from their quality manager. He asked me to visit their workshop and assured to get the issue fixed.

I dropped my car at the Nexa Motorcraft Sec 57 Noida on 17th Sep around 10 am and till the point of time, 3 days has been elapsed and the service center is still not able to diagnose the issue, let alone fix it permanently. The sound is still there, not diagnosed from where it is coming, the folks at Nexa service center are clueless and trying various permutation and combinations but they are still unable to find out the source of noise from the car. As per them they have changed the rear brakes, suspension mounts etc but to no avail.

It is quite surprising to see that even Nexa service center engineers are not able to find out the issue, what else can be expected from a regular Maruti service center. Why Maruti is bringing their service experience to this pathetic level which make my mind to never buy a Maruti vehicle again; especially a NEXA one!

Please advise me guys what should me my next point of action, today is 3rd day and I have no information if the issue has been found or if my car will be delivered to me today!
bluevolt is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th September 2018, 15:53   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: Nexa Motorcraft unable to diagnose noise issue in Baleno

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Please advise me guys what should me my next point of action, today is 3rd day and I have no information if the issue has been found or if my car will be delivered to me today!
Request them for a donor car (if they haven't given you one already).

Go visit and speak to them - ask for MUL engineers to come in and inspect if the service center technicians are unable to figure something out.

Hope for the best.
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2018, 15:56   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Request them for a donor car (if they haven't given you one already).

Go visit and speak to them - ask for MUL engineers to come in and inspect if the service center technicians are unable to figure something out.

Hope for the best.
They have offered me a donor car but I refused as I don't want to handle a liability of a non-personal vehicle.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2018, 15:58   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
They have offered me a donor car but I refused as I don't want to handle a liability of a non-personal vehicle.
If you don't need one, then don't get it.

Insist on Maruti his inspecting your car if the issue is not resolved in a day or so.
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2018, 16:40   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

From which side of the car do you notice the noise? Left or right? Front or rear? Is the noise coming from under the car or inside the cabin?

Most of the sounds that are heard only on rough roads, originate in the suspension. Have they inspected the underbody and the suspension? Especially get the struts and the stabilizer bar bushes checked.

Last edited by Rahul Bhalgat : 19th September 2018 at 16:44.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2018, 16:58   #6
Senior - BHPian

Finally, at end of 3 days, the issue they have detected is the engine mount RHS (That too when I asked them to check engine mounts in afternoon)

But the part is not available so they have ordered it. Currently I am getting the car with mount replaced from their demo car.

It is still weird to see that they took 3 days to diagnose the issue and that too with a pointer from the owner himself.

The quality manager of this Nexa showroom is asking me to take the car with the mounts replaced from their demo Baleno. Meanwhile, he will order the part and call me to bring the car to replace it with new part. The time quoted to order new part is 2-3 days.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2018, 18:18   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally, at end of 3 days, the issue they have detected is the engine mount RHS (That too when I asked them to check engine mounts in afternoon).
The failed engine mount shall make a thud sound, not the kind of sound you described. Do take a thorough test ride after the work is done.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2018, 21:06   #8
Senior - BHPian

I drove the car back home till the part is sourced but the issue persists. The noise I was experiencing is still there.

The sound was not there when I took a test drive with the technician for around 10 minutes but when I drove back from Noida to my home in Rohini, I still experienced the sound.

Currently, the RHS engine mount was suspected to be the culprit but I am not sure if it is because as per them the part was swapped with their demo vehicle.

In the job card closing, they have mentioned the remark 'Timing side engine mounting noise need replace - part under demand.'

I don't if the replaced part is going to solve the issue or the source of sound remains to be not diagnosed.

Two more issues related to the horn and rear brake squeaking noise also not resolved yet.

Personally, I am not at all happy with the experience. Have invested over 5 days for the issues I am facing with my car and at this point in time issues remain unresolved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
Hi,

From which side of the car do you notice the noise? Left or right? Front or rear? Is the noise coming from under the car or inside the cabin?

Most of the sounds that are heard only on rough roads, originate in the suspension. Have they inspected the underbody and the suspension? Especially get the struts and the stabilizer bar bushes checked.
I suspect the sound is coming from front RHS. Was assured when they told me that engine mount is the cause of issue but with currently mountswapped from their demo car and sound still there, I am not sure if replacing it with new part will completely resolve the issue.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 20th September 2018 at 19:52. Reason: back to back posts merged.
Old 20th September 2018, 03:26   #9
Senior - BHPian

The sound you have described does not seem to originating from the suspension or mounts. Those sounds are heavier and usually have either a clank or a thud associated with them. The sound you are explaining seems to be more of sheet metal rubbing against itself. Please check spot welded points on the door frame, engine compartment cross members and A Pillar joints. A broken spot welded joints will make this kind of irritating sound only at specific speeds when the body vibrated and also on patchy roads. Ask them to remove the door beading and check the weld spots for the frame and A pillar.

A loose fan belt can also make this kind of noise when the engine is under load or at specific rpms.

If the sound occurs when turning the steering then get the front strut top side bearings checked ad well.

Try pressing the clutch when the sound occurs while driving to check if it from the transmission. Pressing the clutch will disengage the transmission and the sound should stop if it is originating from there.

Do you have any after market accessiroes? If you do then check their mountings especially for car Stereo, fog lamps, additional horns under the hood.

Let us know what your find.

Last edited by Traveler : 20th September 2018 at 03:31.
Traveler is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th September 2018, 12:09   #10
BHPian

Quote:
I suspect the sound is coming from front RHS.
Do check if the sound is coming from the steering column.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ra-brezza.html

Last edited by Flyer : 20th September 2018 at 12:11.
Flyer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2018, 15:01   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
+1 on that

I am surprised that a fairly new vehicle that has just run 10k has this issue. I remember a similar issue in my Santro (the one in my DP, quite an old car). A squeaky sound started coming from behind since the car hit a pole when reversing. It turned out to be a suspension bush damage. Do you remember any major underbody hit or pot hole bump something like that, if so then it has to do more likely with damaged suspension joints.

Last edited by Thermodynamics : 20th September 2018 at 15:11.
Thermodynamics is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th September 2018, 19:45   #12
Senior - BHPian

Re: Nexa Motorcraft unable to diagnose noise issue in Baleno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer View Post
Do check if the sound is coming from the steering column.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ra-brezza.html
I checked the thread and in the video the sound demonstrated is a clicking sound. I am not getting any clicking sound from steering while driving or fully rotating it as shown.

I am awaiting the new engine mount part to be replaced along with rear brake adjuster and both horns.
Old 28th September 2018, 13:19   #13
bkc
BHPian

hey,
Some of the things you need to check,
1) Rear view mirror, screws.
2) Turn off AC and check.
3) Cool drink holder, if baleno has one.
4) Clear glovebox, and front coin holders.
5) Wipers, just open for a moment and check driving it.
6) Loose nuts below dash board.

Some of them seem really simple, but, just give a try before opening all the factory fit parts.

Thanks.
bkc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2018, 18:37   #14
BHPian

I had a similar issue with my Skoda Rapid a year ago. It was a rubbing sound that used to come from the left front side (actually have to turn off music to hear it)

The sound came only on patchy roads after I've driven my Car for good 25-30 km (my daily run was 75km).
Whenever I took my car to the workshop for a check-up (abound 8-10kms away from my place), it failed to reproduce. But workshop guys always said that it must be some stone stuck somewhere or radiator grill rattling.

After visiting workshop a couple of times I finally gave up . Anyways, on a regular service at the workshop, I asked him to clean/wash/lubricate the suspensions thoroughly.

He washed the front with a jet stream of water thoroughly and the sound never came back. So I reckon, something was stuck in the suspension on the front left side. Precisely why, the sound came to life only after it had its share of exercise which took 25kms. Since it was all cleaned up, so never heard it.

So get the front suspension/rotor/other parts checked/washed/lubricated as a first move.
hiren.sharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2018, 09:21   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

I had a similar issue with a metal against metal grinding sound happening only when over bad roads at certain speed for my Alto which had done around 40k kms then.

Similar to your case, had tough time in reproducing this in front of service advisors. After few failed visits, I asked them to take vehicle over to mechanics work pit and I too got in to the pit along with mechanic. On closer inspection, saw metal rub marks around left lower arm of suspension, replaced for around Rs 1400 I guess, half of which was labor charge.

What I meant, the fix may be small, but most of service centers don't bother to look in to something which may require bit of their time and return may be less.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks