Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2019, 13:00   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Charged extra for RTO tax & billed for paper folder after buying a Tata Harrier from KHT, Bangal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLizardKing View Post
Let me offer another perspective. Is there any item in an electronics store priced in the range of 5 rupees? By that logic, the store should provide it free to every customer.

And the OP's and your situations are not even comparable. The 'pay for carry bag' rule was specifically introduced by the government to encourage the re-use of bags and cut down on plastic use. So even if you bought ten iPhones, the store would have still asked you to pay for the bag.
Of course I know the rule. I just found it a little hilarious at that very moment. Had a good laugh at that
Old 20th May 2019, 13:57   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: Charged extra for RTO tax & billed for paper folder after buying a Tata Harrier from KHT, Bangal

If you look at Indian laws. and read
Plastic Waste (Management and Handling) Rules, 2011.

It is l-legal not to charge for a plastic bag, or any other container supplied with item sold.

Condition is that the container has to be unbranded.

Rahul
Old 20th May 2019, 14:51   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
We somehow have the habit of expecting freebies when we foot the huge bill during any purchase
I don't think that the OP is really bothered about the extra charges themselves but rather the way the dealership has charged him for things he hasn't asked for and has overcharged him for others.

While I don't expect freebies, I do expect that anything that will be charged for be informed to me before delivery.

The OP didn't ask for the contentious paper folder, it was handed to him and then he was charged for it later. To me, that's basically a scam - they are probably over-invoicing every customer by a few thousand and pocketing the change. The OP should be commended for following up for a breakup even for the extra thousand.
VellVector is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th May 2019, 15:11   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLizardKing View Post
Let me offer another perspective. Is there any item in an electronics store priced in the range of 5 rupees? By that logic, the store should provide it free to every customer.
Yes. The store should provide it free to every customer.

Quote:
Bata fined Rs 9000 for asking customer to pay Rs 3 for carry bag

The complainant sought a refund of Rs 3 and compensation for deficiency in services. Countering this, Bata India refuted the allegations of deficiency in services. The forum said compelling a customer to pay for a paper bag was a clear deficiency in service as it was the store's duty to provide a free bag to the customer who had purchased their product.
https://www.indiatoday.in/india/stor...699-2019-04-14
Old 23rd May 2019, 00:12   #35
BHPian

Thanks OP for sharing your experience. I can imagine how it may have felt like nitpicking or making a fuss over a trivial matter before posting but it clearly is more about the attitude and professionalism of the showroom and not about the actual cost. I’m glad you decided to share it.

The only reason the showroom added the cost of the folder to the bill was because OP asked for a break-up and they tried to make it come as close to the quoted price by adding everything possible. They should have nipped this in the bud and just apologised instead of saying such ridiculous things like nothing is free.

I had visited this showroom recently for a TD and I didn’t have a bad experience but it wasn’t great either. I later visited the Bimal Maruti showroom in Mahadevapura and the difference in experience was night and day. I have read some bad stories about KHT here before and it is safe to say that I won’t be going to them if I decide to go for a Tata car.
tinshark is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks