Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2019, 08:37   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Dreadful experience with Hans Hyundai - A tale of lies, misdiagnosis and mishandling

Well done, Rahul ! I respect your persistence & detail-oriented approach. IMHO, the fact that your car was performing worse than when you dropped it off makes me believe this wasn't just a wrong diagnosis, but a well-planned attempt at fraud.

A good reminder to all of us to not trust authorised dealers blindly. Service advisors have targets imposed on them and some will stoop to any level.

What really sucks though is how many newbies would be getting fleeced like this on a daily basis. Not everyone has the knowledge, or contacts outside at an FNG, or a Team-BHP membership.
GTO is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 1st July 2019, 11:23   #17
BHPian

Re: Dreadful experience with Hans Hyundai - A tale of lies, misdiagnosis and mishandling

I had a similar experience with Volkswagen when I owned (now sold) a Vento TDI. After all the diagnosis they blamed the fuel quality and came up with a hefty bill . I went to my trusted FNG to change the fuel injectors and for EGR valve cleaning. After that the car was back to her glory but it left a bitter taste in our experience.

Happy to learn that you escaped from getting conned. Thanks for posting here, these kind of threads helps other user when they face similar kind of situation. Even I escaped from getting conned all because of the threads (Volkswagen and Skoda Fuel Injector Issue) I read from Team-BHP. Heartfelt thanks to you and all the members of Team-BHP.
TorqueKnight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2019, 12:02   #18
BHPian

That's a horrible experience, I will have to keep this in mind if and when things like this happen to my car (fingers crossed).

On fuel additives (petrol or diesel) to clean the injectors, are premium fuel like Shell V-Power or HP PoWer or Indian Oil Xtra etc. are viable alternatives or additives are recommended on top of these fuel as well? Reason being additives and octane rating being highlighted as the difference between these premium and regular fuels.
Old 1st July 2019, 12:06   #19
BHPian

Hi Rahul

Thanks for sharing
I wanted to buy the Venue and had a terrible experience with Hans Hyundai Moti Nagar. Your post just reaffirms that this dealership must be fishy.
My father knew one of the persons in the top level management of Sachdeva group so I wrote an email to him CCing Hyundai India.
Quote:
Greetings!

I wanted to reach out to you regarding a recent booking I made at Hans Hyundai Moti Nagar. I must say that my experience was horrible to the point I had to ultimately cancel the booking I had made for a Car. Frankly, I would really have to rethink of even visiting a Hyundai Showroom in future.

We were very much interested in purchasing ‘Hyundai Venue’ from your dealership and their sales team were aware of this.

However, when it came to ordering the vehicle, your team started playing this game of ‘compulsory buy insurance from us’. I do not have an issue with the same but when I saw the market rate was 50% cheaper than the cost quoted, I informed Hands Hyundai Sales team that I do not want the insurance, just give me the car. For this they said they cant give the car then (It amounted to kind of a blackmail). I am sure this is not just against Hyundai India policy but also against IRDA guidelines. It is shocking that such a big showroom is more interested in selling insurance than selling your vehicles. Just because the vehicle is new and there is temporary interest, it is not expected of the showroom to treat its prospective customers in this manner.

Secondly, we were told to make 100% payment of the car upfront, only then the car would be given after 1 month otherwise there was a 3 month waiting period (Full payment 1 month in advance ???). We have purchased multiple vehicles in the past but we are experiencing this kind of an attitude and policy for the first time from any car dealer/manufacturer.

I am sure there are many new options available in the market at present, so for a car showroom to act like this is absolutely un-acceptable.

I hope you will make a strong note of this. (Hope its not a company policy)

Wish you a pleasant Day.

Kind regards
Got a phone call from Hyundai the next day and they just said the same, put the dealership on conference.

I am just surprised that a company with so many cars on Indian roads has such complacent dealerships.

P.S. This was the first time I considered getting a Hyundai car and I am just not sure now!
adhd92 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st July 2019, 13:24   #20
BHPian

Good stuff Rahul! Patience is the key here. I had a similar issue in my 2014 Fiesta Diesel. Jerks on throttle (entire car would jerk like when you lug the engine at 900 RPM). After many test drives, diagnostics etc nothing worked. Infact, the senior mechanic experienced the problem (I was sitting beside) and reported that everything was fine! Dealers and A.S.S can go to this extent! No one figured it out. But after few months/weeks my problem away. I just thought it was bad fuel and moved on in life. Car runs perfect so I left the pursuit.

Happy that things worked out for you. Team-Bhp has been of super help to me as well
Vibhanshu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st July 2019, 14:23   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhd92 View Post
Got a phone call from Hyundai the next day and they just said the same, put the dealership on conference.
I faced the same issue many times and its plain annoying because you go to Hyundai when things are out of hands, so you expect them to take some action. Hyundai call centre just acts as a bridge with no input (its more like we connected you guys, please sort your issues amongst yourselves). Moreover, the Hyundai Call Centre cannot track your complaint emails (Call centre has no access to emails = not customer friendly IMO). I wonder how good their support will be for blue link (connected car) features.

As I mentioned in my original post, Twitter worked for me. You can try similar social media platforms. Even at Twitter, I had to be persistent.

Quote:
P.S. This was the first time I considered getting a Hyundai car and I am just not sure now!
Venue looks like a promising product and one should not change their choice of car because of one dealership. Remember customer is king, try other dealers before going for another car.

P.S. - I bought my car from Hans Hyundai in June 2014 and didn't take the insurance they were trying to sell me. Don't remember the exact figures now, but their comprehensive insurance was expensive than the zero depreciation I got from outside. There was no resistance from the dealer and I was allowed to get insurance on my own. Shared a copy of the cover note with the dealer before taking delivery.

Last edited by rahul_goyal : 1st July 2019 at 14:42.
Old 1st July 2019, 14:58   #22
VVN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Well done, Rahul ! I respect your persistence & detail-oriented approach. IMHO, the fact that your car was performing worse than when you dropped it off makes me believe this wasn't just a wrong diagnosis, but a well-planned attempt at fraud.

A good reminder to all of us to not trust authorised dealers blindly. Service advisors have targets imposed on them and some will stoop to any level.

What really sucks though is how many newbies would be getting fleeced like this on a daily basis. Not everyone has the knowledge, or contacts outside at an FNG, or a Team-BHP membership.
True that. I have so many friends who have paid through their noses for something very trivial. The least we can do is to ask people to research online for any suggestions made by the A.S.S or go for at least one more opinion before shelling out and getting things done. A.S.S, sadly, has become another revenue source for OEMs and is not a 'Service Centre' anymore.
Old 1st July 2019, 15:12   #23
BHPian

Quote:

There are no rules to compel a customer to buy the insurance from the dealer. I bought my Elite i20 last year and I purchased insurance from outside (Most of our members do the same). I simply asked the SA to match the quote, and he confessed that they cannot match the quote. Please reach out to Hyundai regional office, they will take care of such issues.

Don't avoid a good car because of a bad experience from a dealer. Reach out to other dealers, Venue is a good vehicle and you will definitely enjoy it.
Old 1st July 2019, 15:58   #24
BANNED

Quote:
I wanted to buy the Venue and had a terrible experience with Hans Hyundai Moti Nagar.

Please do go through this thread: LINK

Don't discard the car for one dealership experience. Quoting below from the thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
On Team-BHP & elsewhere, I'm seeing too many mentions of ditching a car model from the consideration list because:

• The salesman was disinterested / rude / unavailable
• A test-drive wasn't offered promptly
• No one returned calls or responded to a web query
• Other similarly negative sales experiences

My advice = If you really like the car, please do NOT drop it just because of the sales experience. Reason? You have to live with the car, not the salesperson. Don't let the 15 - 30 minutes of a bad experience with that salesperson affect the MANY YEARS that you'll spend with a car. It
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2019, 16:59   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
Looking at the issues described by you, was adulterated fuel the culprit?
Something quite similar happened with my Merc E350. It would just vibrate like hell and give jerks. I ran the diagnostics, and it showed spark plugs error. I changed one spark plug my self, the issue got little resolved but not entirely. But somehow, I remembered that the problem occured after refueling 2-3 days back! So I went to a different pump and filled in Xtra premium petrol. After couple of days the problem went away!

So all in all, it was the adulterated fuel that messed up the entire thing!

Last edited by aah78 : 1st July 2019 at 17:27. Reason: Quote size edited.
Old 1st July 2019, 20:02   #26
BHPian

I had a similar experience at Renault. My Lodgy started losing power in the middle of a drive. I took it to the service station, they changed the air and fuel filter with no improvement. They connected the OBD scanner with their proprietary software and it gave out some errors. Their diagnosis was change of fuel pump costing 75K (car had only run 50K). Because of the exorbitant cost involved, I took the car back to get a second opinion. Luckily, I had made a video while they were scanning my car. On the screen of their laptop, it advised checking circuit of a particular sensor and if it was found OK, then only change the fuel pump. I searched for that sensor by its parts number and through the parts catalog got to know its position. It was easily accessible on top of the fuel pump. Started the car and gently moved the connector to the sensor, the problem started coming and going as I moved the connector. Took the car to my FNG car electrician, who in 5 minutes, for a 100 Rupees, opened and repaired the connector. Few days later, got a call from Renault for ratings on the service visit. I gave them a big piece of my mind with rating you all can easily guess.
autoholic is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2019, 07:36   #27
BHPian

Dear Members,
I saw the term "FNG" at several places in this post. Is it a different outlet for car servicing?
Please let me know what FNG means.
Old 2nd July 2019, 07:39   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smuniswami View Post
Dear Members,
I saw the term "FNG" at several places in this post. Is it a different outlet for car servicing?
Please let me know what FNG means.
We use FNG as an acronym for Friendly Neighbourhood Garage. Usually refers to the local garages that are not Authorized Service Centres (ASCs).
boniver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2019, 13:36   #29
BHPian

DPF(Diesel particulate filter) is not necessary to achieve BS IV targets. A vehicle normally fitted with a DPF has a system in place known as "DPF regeneration" to clean the filter. During "DPF Regeneration" the exhaust temperature is increased(using post injections: injection of additional fuel towards the end of combustion stroke or during early exhaust stroke) to very high temperatures which burn the soot particles deposited on the filter. This happens whenever the car senses the soot particle limit has been reached. But after a large number of DPF regeneration cycles the filter might have to be cleaned out manually or replaced which is quite expensive.
Old 3rd July 2019, 12:26   #30
BHPian

There was this one time that the A/C in my i20 elite had stopped working, and I took it to the Hyundai service centre in Tirupur. They told me that the compressor had stopped working and quoted a cool 22k to replace the compressor. In my prior experience with this service center, I knew that they somehow always ended up inflating the bills. For example, he'd quote 5k and I'd end up with a bill of 8k. This was acceptable if it happened once in 10k KM but it kept happening to me at every 5k KM. I wanted a second opinion on the compressor and took it to an independent service centre. They replaced the valve that was broken for about 1000 bucks I think. Also, the official service centre had billed me about 400 bucks for the "air freshener" inside the AC, an AC which wasn't working. Needless to say, I gave him an earful and he removed the item from the bill. I've been quite skeptical of Hyundai service centers since.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks