Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2020, 09:24   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Your best & most awesome car dealership experiences?

My experience with Magnum Honda Kanakpura Road (Bangalore) when I purchased my Honda City last year was pretty smooth and well facilitated. In fact, the first time I had to set foot in the showroom was on the delivery day and for PDI the day before delivery, and not even once before that. The dealership provided multiple test drives, at three different locations (since I wanted to test the car on different road conditions). All price negotiations, quotes and all other aspects of the purchase and documentation process were accomplished remotely over telephone, email and WhatsApp, with minimal fuss. Very polite interactions, smooth negotiations, hefty discount and solid freebies thrown in, and lastly, timely delivery on the promised date.

The car exchange process for my erstwhile Swift was also undertaken seamlessly, with the handover happening a day before delivery, the car being picked up from my doorstep. Again, no visit to dealership required.

It may also be noted that it was the end of March, and therefore they were going all out to woo the customer and get the sale done quick and smooth.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 13th March 2020 at 09:25.
Old 13th March 2020, 09:43   #32
Senior - BHPian

One of the best showroom experiences I have had was with a Maruti dealer - Khivraj, 1000 Lights, Chennai. It was 2010, and I was looking for a B-segment hatch to buy. I had been living and working in Bangalore from the past year and had no intention of moving to Chennai. I was there because I had come with my wife to Chennai as she had a visa interview with the US Consulate.

I had done the rounds of Ford, Hyundai, and Volkswagen, but had not yet checked out the Swift or Ritz. As my wife had gone into the consulate, I had time to kill so I sauntered into the dealership. Up front, I told the sales executive - Vijay, I think - that I lived in Bangalore and that I had no intention of buying from them, I just wanted to check the cars out. After that, it was the best 2 hours I have spent in a car dealership ever. After the usual tea/coffee and giving me the spiel about both cars, I got 2 test drives (both Swift and Ritz) and an extended discussion about my needs, how I will use the car, and how each of them matched my needs. The sales executive simply spoke about the cars in a matter-of-factly way, told me all about how each car stacked up against its competitors, and even showed me how I could modify them if I ever bought them!!
Old 13th March 2020, 13:33   #33
BHPian

Till now, my BMW buying and after sales experience has been very good.

I bought it from Deutsche Motoren New Delhi. The sales experience was straight forward, test drives were provided when and where required, everything was handled transparently, though i think i could have negotiated a bit more. Regular followups were done by the Sales person proactively.
The TD car was brought from their Delhi showroom to my place in Gurgaon on a Sunday on my request.

Loan processing(2 days), delivery(as per the promised date and time), registration, number plate delivery etc was seamless.

The two good things that the dealer did were
- Earlier, in the quotation, the TCS @1% was mentioned on the ex-showroom list price. However, during final payment, they charged TCS on the discounted price, as they had received some clarification from the tax/RTO department
- Also, there was a GST of 48% on the TCS that was being levied by the government. Soon after i purchased the car, there was a clarification by the government that TCS should not attract GST. That amount was promptly refunded to me.

For Services, I have been using BMW Bird Gurgaon. Service has been excellent. Appointment for service is given at your convenience, no waiting time faced yet. Car is serviced and returned very quickly to you while you are waiting. (If the customer is waiting, they put you into their "Fast Lane"
During my last service, the SA offered me food and refreshments and gave me the option of waiting in the lounge or be near the car as it was being serviced. The oil and filters replacement were completed in less than an hour, with another hour taken for washing.

Also did my insurance renewal. Got tons of quotes from all kinds of agents etc who were calling in day and night. Finally, the best quote and that too by a good margin was provided by BMW Bird dealer itself.

So, as of now, i am happy. Hope it continues this way and it continues to be a reliable car as it has been till now.

While shopping for my BMW, I also looked at Skoda, and was a decent experience, nothing to complain about.

In 2009, when i purchased my Honda Civic, Ring Road Honda also gave a very good experience, with all paperwork and delivery of car done at my house and me not having to visit the showroom. I only visited their stockyard to do a TeamBhp PDI. Rest all services were provided at home.

After sales service at Ring Road Honda were quite ok. Made friends with the workshop manager, and he knew I was a car enthusiast, so never tried to upsell any add on services, in fact threw in things like injector cleaning etc for free. Did not ever object that i had put in aftermarket HID projectors, in fact always used to compliment me for the bright lights.
I definitely would have bought the new Honda civic were it not for the same old engine as the 8th gen. I was looking forward to the 1.5T.
Old 14th March 2020, 04:41   #34
BHPian

My experience with Ford and mahindra dealers has been good till date. The best was at the time of purchasing my EcoSport from Akashs Ford, Hosur. The SA, Many was very patient enough to listen to all my queries about the car and they had kept the entire showroom open just for me to book the car as I told them I was coming from Bangalore. They had ready stock available of the Sync 3 with blue color for body. The dealer allowed me to do PDI thrice and sent a representative to get the car registered near my house near Kalyan Nagar, Bangalore. They handlled the interstate registration smoke as the dealer was in TN and I needed KA registration.

Sireesh Auto is quite good for the offers they provide but i felt some of the SA's are dicey with their commitments to the customer communication.

The EcoSport is a proper workhorse and a fun to drive machine which brings a smile every time I'm behind the wheel. 32k kms, almost 2 years young and still runs like new!
Your best & most awesome car dealership experiences?-img_20200308_180616.jpg
Old 22nd February 2021, 19:32   #35
BHPian

This is a bit of a mixed post, with a very positive conclusion.

On the 17th of February, I noticed a puddle of oil below my 2016 Honda City. Checked under the bonnet only to discover the floor cover soaked with oil, with no obvious source of the leak visible. Did not drive the car and scheduled a pick-up appointment with my authorised service centre.

On the 19th of February, the dealership's driver arrived well on time and drove the car to the workshop (oil level was still at a safe level to drive the car). Got my car back the same afternoon after fixing the issue (was found to be a loose valve or something - they did not even bother charging me for this!). Really happy with the prompt solution.

However, the story didn't end here.

I had personally handed over the car to the dealership's driver in the morning, however I was not around at the time my car was returned. My driver was at my residence to receive the car at the time of return. After about 15 - 20 minutes of getting the car back, he called me to ask why the fuel level was half of what it was on the 17th (the car hadn't been driven since then). This didn't make sense when compared with the usage pattern in the corresponding time.

The car had covered a total of just 37 KMs between the 17th and 19th February, from when I discovered the oil leak till the car was returned to me after the fix. However, the fuel level was half of what it had been!

As luck would have it, I had pictures of the fuel gauge from both the dates (pick & return time of the car). I checked the journey details on HondaConnect and found that an unexplained diversion & stop was made by the dealership driver at one point.

I did not expect any result as it was my error for not checking the fuel level at the car's return time, but I made my service advisor aware of this. He requested me to send all the evidence that I had, to allow him to follow up with his manager.

To my surprise, I received a call from his senior in about an hour with a full apology and reassurance of a full investigation into the matter. I made it clear to him I am not looking for any compensation or anyone losing their job over this, but just wanted to bring this issue to their attention to prevent any future repeats.

Today (22nd Feb.), I got a call back from the senior manager who briefed me on their findings. I lost count of the number of times he apologised, to the point that I was feeling sorry! They offered me a full free tank of fuel, which I politely declined as I made it clear I wasn't looking for any compensation over the loss of 5 - 7 litres of petrol.

He outlined the steps they have implemented to ensure more accurate recording of fuel levels and vehicle condition at the time of arriving / leaving the dealership, putting me at ease that this matter had been seriously looked into.

The fact that they took my complaint seriously and proactively implemented measures to prevent such occurrences for any other customer, has ensured I will continue to do business with them.
fordfreak is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th March 2021, 21:56   #36
BHPian

Your best & most awesome car dealership experiences?

Not an experience
Just an interesting observation
We have a few cars in the extended family
Not all of them have team bhp stickers
But the few that do, incidentally when i have spoken to the SAs
They dont try to push for items not on the recommended list and hence the bills are comparatively lower than on cars which do not have the team bhp stickers
I dont know if its my imagination or anybody else has had similar experiences?
Pl share.
raghav.carfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2021, 23:53   #37
BHPian

Dealership Name: Jasper Industries, Guntur Andhra Pradesh.
Tata Motors

My experience with Jasper Industries Tata Motors Dealership for the purchase of Tata Nexon.

I visited the showroom on 4 August for test driving Altroz but ended up test driving Nexon AMT. Mr. ESHWAR is the SA. Booked the car on 8 August and was told about 12 weeks waiting period. I was introduced to Mr. Kiran (Team Leader) who explained the features, waiting period etc.

Mr. Kiran took my booking, showed me various available accessories and promised to try to get the car delivered at the earliest. He never forced me to opt for any unnecessary packages but did explain the benefits of AMC, Extended Warranty, Paid Accessories etc.

Tata Motors and its dealers are indeed turning it around with positive sales experience. Their effort shows.

Took Delivery of my car today.
Wishing Tata Motors the Best Of Luck.
Old 14th January 2022, 11:31   #38
Senior - BHPian

Bought both cars from the same dealership.

First:
Called up the sales desk, they assigned a sales rep. He came over to my place with the TD car at the appointed time, gave all relevant offer details. He came over again when I had made my decision to go ahead with the purchase to pick me up to the dealership office, and also dropped me on his way back on his bike. The car was delivered on the promised date. They surprised me with an instant photo (hard copy) of the car handover. But though I had specifically requested to deliver the car before peak hour traffic begins, they failed on this count.

Second:
The sales rep who dealt with me previously had moved on to another job, so called the sales desk. The assigned sales rep was on time with the TD car at my place, and gave the offer details. The car was delivered earlier than promised, and also before the peak hour traffic started. I had planned for the sale of my first car to be in sync with the purchase of this car. The sales rep coordinated well and I was left without a car only for 2-3 days.

The dealership was Trident Automobiles. This review is only for the sales experience, and not for their service centre.
Old 25th April 2022, 17:09   #39

One fine morning, in December 2020, on the way to office, I had to witness a gruesome two wheeler accident scene at Perungalathur, Chennai. My mind could not forget the scene and I was thinking of my wife's safety who uses the same road day in and day out on her scooter. During the lunch hour, visited the Nexa Showroom (Popular Nexa, Nandanam) after comparing the price list of all vehicles below ten lakhs. Just Informed him that I am looking for Ignis Sigma. The Executive, Mr. Sherief, shared the price list and maximum discount possible. Looking at the way I was pin pointing my requirement, the executive did not try any upselling. Happy with the final price (Rs. 5.38 Lakh), borrowed 11K from my friend and booked the vehicle. Managed to keep the booking a secret at home till the delivery. One week later, on the day of delivery, told my wife that I have to go to office by bus for a change instead of car/bike and went to the dealership, took delivery of the car and proceeded straight to Jeewajee Car Decors Teynampet, whom I had asked to procure the accessories on the previous day itself, finished the fittings and reached home in the evening to see the surprised face of my wife and kids. This was the simplest purchase experience for a vehicle till date for me.

In the meanwhile, two things happened:
1) Nobody believed me when I told them the price for which I procured the Ignis. I got a discount of around 50K being year end.
2) Mr. Sherief, the sales executive, later thanked me for helping him achieve his sales target for the year end.
Old 24th May 2022, 22:44   #40
BHPian

When we were searching for a new car , we went to many showrooms ( The car hunt lasted 4 years and came to end in 2021 ) . These are my experiences .

1ST SHOWROOM VISITED-

Sagar Motors Noida
We visited them 3 times till date first time in 2019 , 2021 and then final visit in 2022 .

2019 VISIT - Had went to see the Tata Hexa , We had already gone there with our minds made up that the service is going to be bad . The sales person was really courteous and was appointed fast ( There were a lot of people that day checking out the newly launched Harrier) . He answered all questions nicely and took us to TD the Hexa . The TD vehicle was not in the best shape but i was really surprised by the Hexa,s ride quality . He saw that we were also looking at the Harrier and offered us a TD of that ( Even when there were many people in line ) and let us take a small TD around the block . It was overall a really good experience.

2021 VISIT - Had gone to check out the new Tata Safari , the sales person was appointed fast and was really happy to answer all the questions . He didn't know all the answers to the questions but was really enthusiastic in taking us for the TD . He even took us to there stockyard nearby to show us all the colours of the Tata Safari in flesh , I also saw the Tiago NRG there ( it was unlaunched then ) .

2022 VISIT - Had gone to check out the Tata Punch and Tiago , the salesperson was appointed fast and was quick in answering all the questions . He showed us both the Cars and recommended the Punch . He arranged the TD of Punch AMT and himself told that the transmission takes it's own sweet time to upshift and downshift as it's a AMT when Dad asked him about the Sluggish AMT unit . The TD vehicle had run about 11K KM and was holding pretty well .

OVERALL - Everytime we went to Sagar motors Noida (Sector - 5) , the experience was good .

2ND SHOWROOM VISITED -

KONCEPT Mahindra Noida

We visited them 2 times till date ( to see cars ) . Once in 2019 and 2021

2019 VISIT - We went to checkout the XUV500 , the sales person was least interested in showing the car and was really lethargic . There was no one in the showroom except us and a few other families. The XUV 500 was eleminated from our list because of the showroom experience and bumpy ride quality .

2021 VISIT - We went to check out the XUV 700 on the first day it was launched , the showroom was jam packed and everyone was checking the car out , people had waited hours to just TD the car and we ourselfes waited 3 hours for the TD . The showroom staff was managing everything nicely , but some people were just jumping inside the car and not waiting in the queue . This happened with us also and we were really frustated by this . That guy forced the TD driver to give him the car keys and literally jumped inside the car and hurriedly pulled the car out and took it . Such people are a Nuinsance for the dealership also . Will talk about the booking experience some other time .

3 RD SHOWROOM VISITED -

MG Noida

We visited it once in 2019 .

2019 VISIT - We went to checkout the Hector , were blown away by the dealerships interior , they took there own sweet time in appointing the SA and when she came and was managing 3 customers in one go . I asked her out of curiosity that where she worked before and she told me she worked at the Mercedes-Benz showroom adjacent it and she used to deal in the Mercedes GLA . We couldn't get a TD and we also followed up for a home TD 2-3 times and it didn't happen . So , dropped plan of Hector ( Things which look shiny from outside are not always good ) .

4 TH SHOWROOM VISITED -

JRD Nimbus Hyundai , Noida

We visited it once in 2021

2021 VISIT - We went there and the showroom was empty , there were only Creta,s inside , every variant of Creta . The first question the front desk asked us was if we had to come to see the Creta . We checked out the Alcazar and were really dissapointed by the cramped interiors . The SA told us all the features and in the end even recommended to go for the Tata Safari . Overall it was a nice dealership experience .

5 TH SHOWROOM VISITED -

Neo Nissan Noida

We visited the showroom the first and last time in 2022

2022 VISIT - We visited to check out the Magnite and we were horrified at the condition of the dealership , No TD car present , No display car , No air conditioning inside the showroom . They appointed us the SA , he took us to the service bay to make us look at a customer car in the workshop as they didn't have any in display . The customer car was in a condition that it had run a lakh KM . The SA was shabbily dressed and was not interested in showing the Car . I don't know how Nissan is going to survive in India . This was the worst showroom experience ever and we won't be visiting it again in the future .

Thanks for reading till here and sorry if i made any mistakes . This is my first long post on Team BHP .

Final Rating -

Sagar Motors ( Tata ) - 8/10

KONCEPT Mahindra ( Mahindra) - 8.5/10

MG Noida ( MG ) - 6.5/10

JRD Nimbus ( Hyundai ) - 7.5/10

Neo Nissan ( Nissan ) - 0/10

Extra points to Mahindra because of the SA who made the delivery of our XUV 700 . More on this some other day .
Old 27th August 2023, 18:30   #41
BANNED

Honda showroom has given me a wonderful experience. When I went to Honda to test drive the Jazz when my family wanted to purchase a car in 2021 they gave me, I took a long test drive of their automatic and I was impressed with the refinement, but the looks were not that good I felt like it was like a minivan My family loved the space and they didn't love the soft suspension as the car kept bouncing up and down when I drove the car over expansion joints.

The sales advisor was very polite and didn't force me to book the car. After I left the showroom, I went to Tata, test-drove Altroz, loved its handling and booked it. After a few days, the sales guy called me and asked about my status of booking. I told him that I had booked Tata Altroz. He said, "Congratulations, sir, the car has best-in-class safety, happy driving". I felt so bad that I should have at least booked Jazz for his behaviour.

Last edited by navin : 27th August 2023 at 21:35. Reason: Fixing capitalization
AltrozAadhithya is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks