Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2020, 13:53   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Your best & most awesome car dealership experiences?

What was your most awesome dealership experience? We have an ample number of threads discussing negative dealer experiences. Let this thread focus only on the positive & give a public pat on the back to organisations that did it well (be sure to name them). Please share your happiest & most memorable dealer encounters. Here are a couple of mine:

1. The 530d buying experience was spectacular. Test-drove it once and knew she’s the right car there & then; post, everything was co-ordinated smoothly via email & WhatsApp with lightning fast response times from Amit @ Quick Car World (fitting name, I guess ), including the pre-purchase inspection at Navnit Motors, paperwork and so on. Interestingly, the dealer was ready to give me delivery even before the financing went through! Only downside = it was delivered off a footpath!! The reason I appreciate this one is that a small shop from the unorganised sector delivered a flawless customer experience...many 500-employee dealer groups fail at that.
Your best & most awesome car dealership experiences?-1-custom.jpg

2. In fact, I’ve had a better experience with used car deliveries than many people do with new cars. Another example = Superb Honda Civic affair with Solitaire Honda @ Borivali. It was so smooth that I hadn’t even properly test-driven the car before buying it. One of my team members checked the car out, I directly asked Honda to do the PPI, they gave it a clean chit, bargained in 2 phone calls and then, I conveniently showed up at the time of delivery.
Your best & most awesome car dealership experiences?-2-custom.jpeg

3. Taking my sister’s Freelander from the Jaguar-Land Rover showroom @ Worli was memorable. We were among the first to reach the showroom in the morning, and thought that we’ll be out in <30 minutes. Well, we ended up spending 2+ hours there because we were having such a great time! I don’t remember his name, but the sales advisor was a car guy and eagerly introduced us to the entire JLR line-up, one at a time. We especially enjoyed our time in the Range Rovers. Even otherwise, the experience was A+ with crystal clear communication at all stages, friendly customer service and no delays anywhere. The after-sales experience hasn't been as good though.
Your best & most awesome car dealership experiences?-3-custom.jpg

4. Some of you are aware that I had major problems with the C180, and it was eventually exchanged for a C220. Because of the classy way in which they handled it, Auto Hangar remains one of my favourite dealerships (across any brand). All procedures were completed at my office & I remember the sales team’s punctuality (I'm a stickler for being on time). They picked up the old C180 without a fuss, the complicated paperwork of returning the old car + taking the new one was simplified and they patiently waited as I did the entire PDI on the C220. Got fatter 225 mm tyres delivered at their place and they’d swapped + kept it ready at the time of delivery.
Your best & most awesome car dealership experiences?-4-custom.jpeg

I took delivery of the C220 from Auto Hangar’s workshop (not showroom). Come to think of it, I actually haven’t had too many “new car delivery experiences” at showrooms. One reason is - of course - that I’m a fan of pre-owned cars. But even for the new cars that I’ve bought, a lot have been delivered elsewhere. E.g. I took my C220 delivery from the Benz workshop because the tyres were swapped there. The Sunny’s delivery was taken from the stockyard at Vasai as we were registering it ourselves at Nashik. The Indigo? I don’t think I’d gone for the delivery. The Lancer was picked up from the stockyard too (again, Nashik registration), while the Esteem was delivered at 11 pm at our house.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd January 2020 at 14:07.
GTO is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 14:24   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Your best & most awesome car dealership experiences?

I got my Lancer from a JMD (used cars), Khar. I remember the experience because it was a truly smooth transaction. The lady (forgot her name because it has been really long)
who oversaw the deal, was extremely helpful from the start, till the car was delivered and papers were in my hand.

There was not a single delay at any part during the entire process. The test drive was given promptly and long enough to satisfy me. All the papers including the user manual of the car and service history were in place as well.

Not only that, the dealer kept following up for a year at least to inquire whether everything was fine.
Aditya is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 14:39   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The 530d buying experience was spectacular. Test-drove it once and knew she’s the right car there & then; post, everything was co-ordinated smoothly via email & WhatsApp with lightning fast response times from Amit @ Quick Car World (fitting name, I guess ), including the pre-purchase inspection at Navnit Motors, paperwork and so on.
How do you rate buying cars from a third party? There are quite a few such vendors who coordinate with dealers for new cars. I have never really understood the reason why one must approach them and not the dealer directly.

I have had not such good experiences with my car deliveries till date. With my three car purchases in the last 3 years, none of them were extraordinary. Infact, there were instances that the dealer was indifferent and only wanted to get the car delivered (as if wanted to get a monkey off his shoulder)

At the same time none were disappointing too. Bhavna Ford missed our names on the board but made up with a good cake cutting ceremony. They even had the car ready with all required accessories as agreed before we reached the showroom.

A good thread and feel this could be a nice learning curve for the dealers to know what we customers expect from them. We get such opportunities once in half a decade and some once in a lifetime, so the experience should never be less than 'Mind Blowing'

Last edited by VWAllstar : 22nd January 2020 at 14:40.
VWAllstar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 15:06   #4
Team-BHP Support

My experience with dealerships in Kerala (Thrissur) has always been wonderful, whether it is for own purchase, accompanying friends/relatives, or even asking for test drives. Even though I did not buy the car, my last experience with the Tata/JTP dealer (Hyson Motors) was really wonderful. It was raining heavily when I called them, and at the next instance when the rain stopped they were at my door step with the TD car, explained every bit of car and allowed for a leisurely test drive. And the follow-up calls/msgs after that were also extremely polite without being pushy or intrusive. Another notable one was the Mercedes Benz dealer Rajasree Motors in Kochi – extremely professional!
vb-saan is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 15:18   #5
Senior - BHPian

It has to be Cauvery Ford Mangalore for me. Have been their customer since 2000(20 years now) and experience have been fantastic. Over the years have developed good rapport with these folks and good to see same folks right from beginning. I religiously suggest this dealer to all my friends if they have to buy a Ford.

Second best experience is with Nandi Toyota. Have always stood by their words and would always go there for another Toyota. During one of the purchase, involving Toyota Trust, to whom we sold old car, the used car buyer backed up from offer price at nth moment. The Sales personnel however promised that what is offered will be honored unconditionally. He took care of all backend dealing and ensured we got the price quoted. I love it when someone goes extra mile to make your pleasant buying experience.

Last edited by PrideRed : 22nd January 2020 at 15:19.
PrideRed is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 15:22   #6
Senior - BHPian

My experience has always been positive.

Bought a Honda City in 2003 and a Honda Civic in 2006 from Ring Road Honda, Peera Garhi, Delhi and experience was very smooth.

Before that in 2000, I bought a used Cielo from Daewoo dealer (Sri Durga Automobiles which is a Mahindra dealer now) in Delhi and had extremely good experience because the car owner was brother-in-law of the Daewoo dealership owner. He even provided a free service with consumables and any part that may need replacement. I got power antenna (motorized) and few other things changed.

Other than this, bought few Maruti cars and got VIP treatment but the reason was that the GM of that dealership branch is a close friend. So, I don't know credit goes to Maruti or my friend.

Similarly bought Hyundai car from Deep Motors, Delhi and had smooth experience but there was a known agent involved in negotiations and delivery.

In addition, I helped friends/relatives in buying new cars from Maruti/Hyundai/Honda from Delhi/Gurgaon and the experience has always been good.

Last edited by mukeshgoel : 22nd January 2020 at 15:24.
mukeshgoel is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2020, 03:38   #7
Senior - BHPian

My best experience was with Kropex Chevrolet alone, bought my first car Spark and later a BEAT from their dealership. All other dealerships have just tested my patience.
deehunk is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2020, 07:55   #8
BHPian

The best car delivery experience I have had so far has to be the time when I took delivery of the Esteem from Maruti Vitesse showroom at Worli. A very memorable experience. The sales person, the manager and some other individuals working at the showroom pampered us to the full.
mpshah68 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2020, 08:57   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Nothing as fun as what GTO shared, but I still remember that day back in 2003 in Norwalk, CT, USA.

The dealership: Devan Acura. The sales executive: Rick Ottavi (IIRC)

I had just moved to Stamford, CT, and was on the lookout for a car. After my prev 2+years in CA, I was kind of familiar with the models available, and a soft corner for Honda since I had an Accord V6 in CA. I generally looked up the addresses and went to this dealership. Met Rick, and he showed me the available models. I liked a 1999 Acura 3.2TL and asked for a TD. Rick took a copy of my licence, handed me the keys and said - go ahead. Come back when you are done. No dealership person with me, no copy of CC, nothing. I was free to take the roads I want and drive how I want. While it was their SOP, and they would like have had some trackers, but the whole experience at the dealership was so smooth that I picked up the same Acura.

A year or so later, I had to replace the Acura, since I had totaled the poor car. My mood was bad, but I was speaking to him since the car was on loan from Honda America. He was helpful through that, and needless to say, I picked up another one from him - this time a 1999 Honda CR-V.

My Storme came in smoothly too, this time at Prerana Motors BTM Layout. Karthik was the sales person. I had gone through a friend who knew the MD, but the experience at the dealership at delivery time is something we remember from time to time.

This is in such contrast to another dealership on Long Island with another brand. It was at the same time that I needed to replace the Acura. In hindsight, if I had recorded the conversation with this Long Island dealer, I would have enough material for a law-suit.
condor is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2020, 10:45   #10
BHPian

Dealer name - Joshi Hyundai, Mohali
Sales agent - Tarsem Raj

This was actually way back in 2012 when my father wanted an AT. We picked up an i10 sports AT which someone had booked but cancelled since their loan didn't go through.
The sales agent breezed us through what all was required plus offered a 30k discount and free insurance and other freebies. Not sure but total discount came to roughly 50k on a vehicle which had an ex-showroom price of 5.33 lacs!

The whole celebration and stuff inside the showroom was a pleasant change as compared to previous experience with Maruti where they boiled you in the sun during delivery

(Please note - this is the only sales and service point for Hyundai in Mohali and witnesses heavy rush on all days)

This was the reason my sister and myself also booked our respective cars next year from the same dealership and my cousin followed us next year. I was greeted the same way and my i10 cost 4.93 lacs on road (ex-showroom price was 4.90 lacs).

However, it's very difficult to say which is better; their sales experience or their service experience because the level of personal touch and attention is unparalleled.

This is one of the biggest reasons I'm undecided for my next car. Logic says Nexon, but the way Joshi Hyundai has pampered us over the years (not to mention the cheap and bang on service they've done on all our vehicles), heart says Venue/i20 DCT
jasjotbains is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2020, 11:08   #11
NTO
BHPian

Thank you for creating this amazing thread GTO!

1. Vento 1.6 TDi - April 25, 2014, Abra Motors, CIT Nagar, Chennai.

This was my very first car delivery experience. Our previous car, Wagon R was delivered to our home by a showroom driver. Right from the first phone call, first test drive with BHPian Kini, followed by two test drives of the Vento and one of the GT 1.6 TDi and again Vento to decide that the Vento is a better fit for our family compared to the GT, followed by another test drive the next day with my grandmother, PDI, negotiating insurance, warranty and to the final delivery date. I cannot remember one bad instance in this entire process. One Mr Subramani coordinated the entire process. We also got Rs. 1.9 lacs for our 8 years old Wagon R in exchange. We arrived so late at the dealership on the day of the delivery and they patiently waited, explained all the features of the car, completed the paperwork and we rolled the car out of the showroom. Such a great experience and after delivery until Abra motors shut shops, the after sales service was also amazing. Every time I had a problem at the service centre, Mr Subramani would pitch in and get my issues sorted. I could trace him to KUN Exclusive (BMW, Rolls Royce and Mini) dealership in Chennai now.

Your best & most awesome car dealership experiences?-vento.jpg

The last day we saw our Wagon R, parting ways with us after 8 years of flawless service.
Your best & most awesome car dealership experiences?-wagon.jpg

2. Used Civic'12 AT - March 26, 2019, Carz4U, Arumbakkam, Chennai.

This was by far the best delivery experience of my life. Right from the first phone call, this experience has been sweet till date. The owner of the showroom, Mr Khaja, was very responsive and straight forward with the complete dealing. When I went to Honda to get the car checked before purchase, he sent a driver along and also gave his credit to take care of the fuel needs. In fact, so many references that I gave have purchased a used car from him and are happy. Such a great overall experience.

Your best & most awesome car dealership experiences?-civic.jpg

3. Punto 1.3 MjD - September 23, 2015, RDC, Anna Nagar, Chennai

Sorry for adding this to this thread, but, this was a bitter experience among others. I am adding this because, other than the interaction with the dealerships, the car has given us nothing but Joy. Such a hoot to drive and she never fails to put a smile on our face every time we drive her. The dealerships are the main reason, in addition to the lethargic attitude of FCA, why the brand Fiat failed so many times in India, in spite of making wonderful cars!
Your best & most awesome car dealership experiences?-punto.jpg
NTO is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2020, 11:15   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
In fact, I’ve had a better experience with used car deliveries than many people do with new cars.
Out of curiosity, do you mention your background with Team-BHP when making purchases? That might be a reason why your experiences are better?

As far as car dealership experiences go, I still fondly remember the delivery of my first car - we bought it the day India was playing Pakistan in the T20 final in 2007.

I watched the match at the dealership (Varun Motors, Hyderabad), with lots of tea and biscuits while waiting for the delivery. The dealer promised that any niggles that might have been missed out would be fixed the next day, and I should watch the match rather than worrying about the car.

India, as we all know, won that match, and we went around the town, celebrating India's victory with crowds on the street with "Chak De India!" blaring in our brand new car.
nishsingh is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2020, 11:36   #13
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpshah68 View Post
The best car delivery experience I have had so far has to be the time when I took delivery of the Esteem from Maruti Vitesse showroom at Worli.
The most professionally run car dealership I've seen . Used Vitesse's workshop for my Esteem & Zen and each visit was perfect. Been to their Worli dealership many times to help friends / family and have always been impressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishsingh View Post
Out of curiosity, do you mention your background with Team-BHP when making purchases? That might be a reason why your experiences are better?
It becomes obvious one way or the other (e.g. email address).
GTO is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2020, 11:50   #14

I can share two of my personal experiences, one was at a time I was arranging a surprise for my parents from Dubai in May 2014. RNS motors Murudeshwar staff were really helpful and accommodating of each and every request I made to them, I came to India just to see my parents reaction on little surprise. They ensured until the last moment that my parents were not aware of anything. It was Midnight Black Swift ZDi.

Second one was on 21st January 2020, when we welcomed second swift in our family. Bharath Auto Works, Uttara Kannada. From booking till the delivery the transaction was super smooth. Timely updates were shared by the sales guy. I did PDI and took at least 45 minutes to complete it until I was satisfied. Few doubts here and there were resolved or answered to with lots of patience and a smile. Reason to change from RNS to Bharat was just that the location was more convenient. This time we went with petrol version of the swift zxi plus in solid fire red color.
Attached Thumbnails
Your best & most awesome car dealership experiences?-20140514_104609.jpg  

Your best & most awesome car dealership experiences?-img20200121wa0015.jpg  

syedyaseer is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2020, 11:57   #15
BHPian

My best experience has been Wasan Motors Borivali - Mumbai. I've owned Hyundai, Ford, Maruti Suzuki & Mahindra in the past but Tata beat them all. The entire transaction was smooth - the explanation of the papers, car features etc. was handled with clockwork precision.
sanjayrozario is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks