Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2020, 13:56   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: The new normal, or the old usual - Service nightmare with Autobahn Skoda, Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Same thing happened with my Honda City. I parked the car on 9th July and didn't start it for 13 days. On 22nd July evening, when I tried to start, the car did not respond. I peacefully slept and next morning checked price on batterybhai and similar 2-3 websites for Amaron Pro and Flo batteries, called couple of dealers and got Amaron Flo battery for Rs.3000. Amaron Pro was not available. I did not even try to jump start and continuing old battery because it was 2y11m old SF Sonic OEM battery.

You guessed it right, car started in first attempt after battery change.
Same thing happened to me, a friend got a jump starter from Amazon and it started the moment. it was hooked. I think you should have used the jump start option before going in for a new battery. My Honda City is more than 3 years old. Sorry for going OT.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2020, 23:09   #77
BHPian

Re: The new normal, or the old usual - Service nightmare with Autobahn Skoda, Mumbai

This really makes me think twice about considering Skoda Karoq as my upgrade from VW Vento nonetheless. I have had my share of infuriating experiences with VW service as well (printer not working, network down, etc), but this one here by Skoda just takes the cake.

Someone mentioned earlier that Zack seems to be more reactive than proactively holding the service aspect of vw group accountable. This def will factor in my decision when it comes to upgrading my 7yr old Vento.
click is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2020, 02:34   #78
BHPian

How can you guys keep the car without even starting it for a week ? Even during lockdown I ensured to start both of my cars every 3 days. I would just go round the park that I have in front of my house. I would get withdrawal symptoms if I don't drive the car for a long period of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Same thing happened to me, a friend got a jump starter from Amazon and it started the moment. it was hooked. I think you should have used the jump start option before going in for a new battery. My Honda City is more than 3 years old. Sorry for going OT.
ankitsharma is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th July 2020, 11:15   #79
BHPian

Glad to know that your car is finally released from the A.S.S after all the drama. Would suggest you to get an Invoice from them at any cost for all the replaced parts be it paid or goodwill warranty replacement, keep hunting them.
Old 26th July 2020, 11:21   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

The initial customer complaint was that the car did not start after a week , it's a 2015 car.

Would this thread have been different if the vehicle was jump started at home by Skoda / FNG?
Old 26th July 2020, 15:33   #81

Ahhh been reading this thread, itching to know what happened , went through all of it, got concerned because I am one of the Skoda owners

Finally I got my membership approved (applause) and can write at last. I own a 2016 superb and have entered into the fifth year. Though I have never left even my previous car at the service center(yea , at the expense of leaving the their rep looking at me with , I will kill you eyes) even if it meant taking a day off from the office (fortunately the cars never had to spend more than a day anywhere) , reading this post gives me jitters even at the thought of leaving it alone with the scavengers overnight

And btw I bought Skoda much against the advice of every one around , to add to it I am a salaried government servant (NO , I am not a babu - I am the one who calls babu a babu -No offence there )

Any way the bottom line is I go against the general view , which I did in case of superb too, considering the fact that mechatronic and dual clutch issues were a thing of past (I own an L&K) and the issues got sorted by the turn of 2014ish (reference also is made to a long post of this very forum)

Considering the fact that I am not the kinds to dispose off cars in 5 year's time, and hold onto things dearly (also because limited Kms that I run a month - 120-150 km at max) , the thread was an eye opener about finding a reliable FNG real soon . Also since I am a city hopper mostly every three years , I would need to keep doing it repeatedly.

Any suggestions for Vadodara presently
Yugansh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2020, 17:11   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain.torque View Post
I know it's off topic but here in Delhi, all the Supreme Court and High Court judges' official cars are Skoda Superbs. I wonder how Skoda ASS deals with the VVIPs

P.S. The Superbs replaced Toyota Corollas!
If I remember correctly, when Delhi High Court judges got upgraded from the reliable Toyota Corollas to a Skoda Superb TSI (prev gen), they immediately complained of AC ineffectiveness and made it a habit of switching on the car AC half an before they departed for the court every morning. I read in the newspapers at that time (2013/2014) that Jai Skoda had sent their engineers to test the cars and they were of the view that the cars were perfectly fine. I remember many judges refused to part with their Corollas despite holding onto the new Superbs.

Last edited by sanyog26 : 26th July 2020 at 17:12. Reason: Typo
sanyog26 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th July 2020, 17:22   #83

I think the difference between AC of Corolla and Superb is that of thermostat setting (I happen to own both of them and so have a first hand experience)

While I drive my Corolla with AC on auto and temp set at 25 degree , it's absolutely cool the way it is with home AC , I expected the same thing to happen with superb , however with temp set at 25 Degrees in superb it starts to heat the cabin

The bottom line being Skoda hasn't made an effort to customise things to Indian settings at all , they have just left Left hand drive with a right hand drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanyog26 View Post
If I remember correctly, when Delhi High Court judges got upgraded from the reliable Toyota Corollas to a Skoda Superb TSI (prev gen), they immediately complained of AC ineffectiveness and made it a habit of switching on the car AC half an before they departed for the court every morning. I read in the newspapers at that time (2013/2014) that Jai Skoda had sent their engineers to test the cars and they were of the view that the cars were perfectly fine. I remember many judges refused to part with their Corollas despite holding onto the new Superbs.
Yugansh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th July 2020, 18:16   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yugansh View Post
I think the difference between AC of Corolla and Superb is that of thermostat setting (I happen to own both of them and so have a first hand experience)

While I drive my Corolla with AC on auto and temp set at 25 degree , it's absolutely cool the way it is with home AC , I expected the same thing to happen with superb , however with temp set at 25 Degrees in superb it starts to heat the cabin.
Oh, I was not aware of the Thermostat difference between the two. Infact I own a Toyota Corolla (2004 model) and a Skoda Rapid (2020) and feel that Corolla's AC is by far the best (from the vehicles I have owned). I also own a VW Polo whose AC is mediocre and takes a really long time to cool the cabin when parked in the sun. In contrast, my Corolla's AC is a chiller and cools the cabin very quickly. I'm yet to test the Rapid's AC after parking it in the sun for sometime as the car still bears temporary registration number and I haven't driven it much.
sanyog26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2020, 18:50   #85
BHPian

Seems Skoda is in dire need of better printers and invoice generating software

Regardless of how good the products are these down right unethical practices put people off (incl me) for good. Its a shame considering the Rapid, Octavia, Superb, Kodiaq, Karoq are competent products
charanreddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2020, 20:39   #86
BANNED

This actually amounts to Skoda service fleecing their customers. After all, what can be expected of such "popular" brands..... to keep themselves afloat at our expense. I have had similar experiences of Maruti dealers also suggesting and adding extra work on their own. What I can infer is, this, service network is the same for most brands .. be it the great world renowned ones like VW, Skoda, Hyundai, Renault, etc or the desi brands like TATA, Mahindra, etc.
lifebuoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2020, 22:57   #87
BHPian

I agree but having owned a maruti and calling their bluff myself quite a few number of times, I can say their fleecing bills are cheaper, affordable and if you complain to maruti , action is immediately taken.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifebuoy View Post
This actually amounts to Skoda service fleecing their customers. After all, what can be expected of such "popular" brands..... to keep themselves afloat at our expense. I have had similar experiences of Maruti dealers also suggesting and adding extra work on their own. What I can infer is, this, service network is the same for most brands .. be it the great world renowned ones like VW, Skoda, Hyundai, Renault, etc or the desi brands like TATA, Mahindra, etc.
Old 27th July 2020, 09:17   #88
Senior - BHPian

I was contemplating as to whether I should trade in my WagonR which is in ship shape, for a Rapid Rider probably some time next year. Those Skoda horror stories of yore were always at the back of my mind. I was really hoping that they turned a new leaf and was willing to give them a chance. This thread brought me back to my senses. I believe I should desist from shooting myself on the foot. Peace of mind is invaluable to me.

Last edited by longhorn : 27th July 2020 at 09:18.
Old 27th July 2020, 12:23   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidban85 View Post
It has been almost 2 weeks since I got the car back after servicing, but unlike last few years, no one from Skoda has bothered to call about feedback.

I have still not got a proper bill itemizing the work done. Are their billing systems down for 2 weeks in Autobahn?
Something similar happened to me when I got my car serviced at Akoya Skoda, Pune. Their billing system was down so they took a payment close to the estimate they had quoted. About 5 days later, I got the checkout SMS along with the invoice in my mailbox and turns out I had paid ~Rs.800/- extra. Very promptly, I was called to their centre to collect cash as a wire transfer would have taken time. I have been visiting this dealership for the last 3 years and have always found them to be great and very professional.

You can call Skoda's helpline and ask for your invoice as these things are part of their central servers and not restricted to the dealership. Considering you have the chargeslip, it shouldn't be a problem. Hope this helps.
adityasatish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2020, 14:31   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranvilleDsouza View Post
Posting on behalf of a friend who is not a part of this forum, however, would like to hear from the people on this forum, and Skoda owners on typical ownership issues/incidents if similar has been faced.
Thanks a lot for this eye opening post. You have just helped me to change my plans for goinf for a Rapid, which I was on the verge of booking. I always had this suspicion about Skoda A.S.S, now I am Sure about the way it will squeeze me .

Last edited by Aditya : 27th September 2020 at 16:39. Reason: Quoted text trimmed for benefit of small screen users
sportymonk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks