Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2020, 01:30   #1
Senior - BHPian

Magic Auto, Dwarka's stupid explanation and Maruti's horrible support for my Baleno. EDIT: Resolved

I own a 2019 Baleno CVT and the car has done just 5600 kms. Since this car was to be used only in city, i overlooked some of the disadvantages like poor build quality and the below average ride. After owning a Vento for 5 years and dealing with VW's sub par service, i wanted peace of mind and hence chose a Maruti as i had always read of their great after sales support and reliability.

My car was purchased from Magic Auto, Dwarka and has done all its scheduled services from there, i was facing brake juddering issue in this car from last couple of days and finally raised a complaint to Maruti stating that brake shuddering in a car which has just done 5600 kms is unacceptable. The dealer called me, i sent in the car specifically asking them to check brake rotors. They sent the car back same day and said they have cleaned brake pads and every thing is fine.

I knew brake cleaning is not going to solve it, escalated my complaint and now they request me to do a joint test drive with their senior technician. I took the car second time, showed the technician what is brake shudder as my entire steering/car was vibrating on light braking. What got my nerve was that technician told me that this is there in all Baleno cars and it is a characteristic of automatic cars. I had to raise my voice there because instead of trouble shooting, this guy is telling me that brake shuddering is a part of cvt cars.

The GM service of Magic Auto gets involved now and asks me if he can keep the car for the night, i leave my car there and the next day he returns the car saying that he has done brake bleeding and it has solved the steering vibrations while braking. When i told him next day that it did not solve it, he is asking me to come and drive other CVT Baleno's and it is a characteristic of automatic cars, there is nothing wrong with my car. I wonder on which part of earth does brake bleeding solves shuddering brakes.

How hard is it to troubleshoot brake shuddering? Either this workshop is very incompetent or Maruti's service has gone down the drain. After sending the car twice and escalating to Maruti, If the GM service is telling me that brake shudder is normal in automatic Maruti's and i should come drive other cars and all have this issue, then i have lost my patience and trust with this brand. I just told him that i would get the pads/rotors replaced outside but would not send my car to them again. They are adamant and asking me to drive other Baleno, when i asked him why the issue was not there when the car was new, he said even if we change the rotors now, the issue would come back so eventually he gives a damn to me and my complaint.

Coming to Maruti, inspite of escalating twice to them and putting it on twitter, nobody from the company has called me yet. This is similar to VW where they forward your complaint to dealer and you are at their mercy. In stark contrast is Ford and BMW, whenever i raised an issue, i have always got a call back and a revert back to my mail from a company representative. Heck, Ford replaced my pads/rotors under goodwill warranty when car was 2 years old/24k kms old. (attaching screenshot below). There is no satisfaction note to be signed here and the dealer closes the complaint at his will, such is the control of Maruti here.

Conclusion is that if you are buying an automatic Maruti, their service people claim that brake shuddering is normal and it is there in all cars, so either do not buy it or be prepared. The trouble shooting is absolutely pathetic, if they can't troubleshoot some thing as simple as juddering brakes, god forbid what would happen if some thing serious goes wrong. My experience with the car has been great but poor with the parent company, this was the reason i vowed never to touch a VW ever in my life and this scenario is heading the same way. Ford India's customer support is a 1000 times better than Maruti Suzuki and i have experienced this over a period of 6 years owning both Fiesta and Ecosport.
Magic Auto, Dwarka's stupid explanation and Maruti's horrible support for my Baleno. EDIT: Resolved-screenshot-20201007-1.09.06-am.png

Last edited by coolboy007 : 7th October 2020 at 01:34.
coolboy007 is offline   (38) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 01:55   #2
BHPian

re: Magic Auto, Dwarka's stupid explanation and Maruti's horrible support for my Baleno. EDIT: Resolved

This is pathetic. I've also faced the brake juddering on my swift when it was about 6 or 7k Kms.

Told the SVC about this and they skimmed the disc surface and it was good, they didn't charge anything for this.

Now, at 21k Kms, juddering is back but it's a lot less and can be only be felt when braking from above 80kph.

Im planning to visit SVC soon and ask them to replace the defective disc under warranty. Since it's keep happening, I believe the disc(s) is defective.

Maybe you should tell them that you've found the issue and ask them to skim the disc. Disc replacement is not necessary since it has run only 6k Kms.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 8th October 2020 at 08:13. Reason: Spacing for improved readability
ChrisTJ is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 08:06   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Magic Auto, Dwarka's stupid explanation and Maruti's horrible support for my Baleno. EDIT: Resolved

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
After owning a Vento for 5 years and dealing with VW's sub par service, i wanted peace of mind and hence chose a Maruti as i had always read of their great after sales support and reliability.

----------

This is similar to VW where they forward your complaint to dealer and you are at their mercy.
Do you see the irony in above two statements?

Jokes apart, you have a dealership based problem my friend. Continue the fight and escalation with this dealership, but I'd also suggest looking around for a second dealership to solve the issue. And maybe the thread name updated to include the dealership name.
ninjatalli is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 08:11   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
brake shuddering in a car which has just done 5600 kms is unacceptable.

technician told me that this is there in all Baleno cars and it is a characteristic of automatic cars. I

Coming to Maruti, inspite of escalating twice to them and putting it on twitter, nobody from the company has called me yet.
1. What you went through is the general state of incompetence in every industry today; very few authorised service points have any good technicians left.

2. Do you use your brakes hard? Just asking.

3. Get to a good FNG ( you could use the tbhp directory and look up good references through posts too).

At 5600km, I would just ask you to have your brake pads and rotors inspected.

If the rotors have scoring marks (unlikely at this odo reading), have them faced once.

If the brake pads show uneven wear, have them replaced with MGP pads.

Also have the rear brakes inspected.

3. On the issue of escalating to Maruti, let me tell you they're no good.

The ONLY time I reached out to them was in Jun 2009 when my Versa had developed pitting in one of the rear wheel cylinders. I got no response.

Eventually, I solved the problem myself by reaching out to Robert Bosch Chassis Systems. I reached out to a very senior person , whose email ID I sourced from the net. He replied to my mail, and then got the right people involved, even down to the local distributor level. I was able to get what I wanted in 4 days flat. That's what you call customer delight.
Attached Thumbnails
Magic Auto, Dwarka's stupid explanation and Maruti's horrible support for my Baleno. EDIT: Resolved-screenshot_20201007080302_1.jpg  

Last edited by vigsom : 7th October 2020 at 08:40. Reason: addition
vigsom is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 09:04   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

My car was purchased from Magic Auto, Dwarka and has done all its scheduled services from there, i was facing brake juddering issue in this car from last couple of days and finally raised a complaint to Maruti stating that brake shuddering in a car which has just done 5600 kms is unacceptable. The dealer called me, i sent in the car specifically asking them to check brake rotors. They sent the car back same day and said they have cleaned brake pads and every thing is fine.
First thing first, change the Dealership. I strongly recommend MSM Okhla if you can visit them. Request DBHPians like SS-Traveler to pitch in with details of SA.

-Mention the issue to them, and let them recommend what they can do.

-Normal cleaning isn't going to solve the issue.

-Ask them to check "Disc Lateral runout". This is the process and values for Baleno:

- If excessive values are noticed, it means two things-either the disc itself is bad and needs machining/replacement. OR The disc's mating surface with hub is improper. This is not the probable cause in your car, but I'm just posting it here so that you know what to do.

Magic Auto, Dwarka's stupid explanation and Maruti's horrible support for my Baleno. EDIT: Resolved-capture.jpg

-If deflection values are found within tolerance, juddering can still be caused in your car if Stabiliser bar bushes and/or Link rods are bad. Do take this point very seriously as 90% of the technicians are not even aware of this. I had posted about this in my M800 thread, where you can also understand about deflection measurement process: Link (The love of my life - A 2000 Maruti 800 DX 5-Speed. EDIT: Gets export model features on Pg 27).

-Other things which can cause this judder are broken/damaged hub bearings. Again shouldn't happen in your case.

These points are regarding troubleshooting. Now coming to the actual issue of MSIL not taking action, its indeed weird. Hope you have sent them a mail on contact@maruti.co.in and also used their site to escalate. Do this once please if you haven't done. Assuming you have already done this, ask your existing MASS GM to give you the contact of TSM or RSM. You will also find this detail prominently displayed on boards somewhere in the ASS. Talk to him and explain your concern. Ask them to do troubleshooting at least properly. If you face any issue in getting their detail, kindly quote me again and I'll arrange it for you.

I avoid mailing to Maruti since they always bombard me with numerous phone calls and my life becomes hell as long as the case is open.

Hope to see your car back in action soon!

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (44) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 09:14   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How hard is it to troubleshoot brake shuddering? Either this workshop is very incompetent or Maruti's service has gone down the drain.
The main problem lies at the dealership level. Since Maruti is the largest selling car brand in India and controls most of the market share, some of the dealerships are least bothered for customer service, because they know that the customer is anyway going to come again and again.

Overall I feel that such cars are unsafe for you and your family in terms of build quality. A better quality product can be purchased elsewhere.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 8th October 2020 at 08:15. Reason: Spacing for improved readability
ruzbehxyz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 10:04   #7
BHPian

I believe this kind of a behavior has become common across different brands now. I have had the same issue with Maruti and Hyundai myself. The staff has the same attitude of
- SA's only focusing on upselling value added(which they call) services over and above the regular Service
- Pretending that a greasing/oiling/bleeding kind of work done will solve this problem
-Giving lame excuses and delaying problems that you mention- "Sir humne XYZ(whatever show off work to customer) kam kar dia hai isko thoda aur chala lijie , agar problem fir aye to kisi working day mein le ayega"
-Taking a Test Drive, showing empathy and then saying it is common problem
across the same cars.

I shouldnt say this but their attitude behind our backs is to grin and say"Customer ka **** bana dia".
RaSing is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 10:20   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I own a 2019 Baleno CVT and...
Magic Auto, Dwarka and has done all its scheduled services from there, i was facing brake juddering issue in this car from last couple of days and finally raised a complaint to Maruti stating that brake shuddering in a car which has just done 5600 kms is unacceptable.
You live in Delhi, so it would be easy for you to go to one of the 3 company-owned MSM workshops. The expertise available there is unmatched at any dealer's service centre.
SS-Traveller is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 15:47   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisTJ View Post
Maybe you should tell them that you've found the issue and ask them to skim the disc. Disc replacement is not necessary since it has run only 6k Kms.
Honestly, i do not trust these people with anything now. Had shown my car to my old fng and he has clearly identified it as a rotor issue, asked me to just skim the rotors and the pads are absolutely fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Do you see the irony in above two statements?
Indeed, the only saving grace here is that this car is pretty reliable and not plagued with serious issues of injector, suspension etc which affected my VW.
Quote:
And maybe the thread name updated to include the dealership name.
The dealership name is Magic Auto Maruti and they are pretty well known here in Delhi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
2. Do you use your brakes hard? Just asking.
Nopes, car is sedately driven inside city limits most of the times and this engine-gearbox combo does not have enough oomph to drive it enthusiastically.
Quote:
Get to a good FNG ( you could use the tbhp directory and look up good references through posts too).
Just done, the issue was identified as a simple rotor issue and was asked to skim the discs as the pads are just fine. The fng identified the issue within 5 minutes of driving the car.
Quote:
On the issue of escalating to Maruti, let me tell you they're no good.
I never expected such callous attitude but know the truth now, there is nothing special about their service or workshop people attitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
First thing first, change the Dealership. I strongly recommend MSM Okhla if you can visit them. Request DBHPians like SS-Traveler to pitch in with details of SA.
Thank you for the detailed reply Shashi, much appreciated. I have shown my car to my old time fng and he has advised me to just surface the rotors as every thing with the pads and suspension is fine. Would get this done soon as this issue makes driving unsafe because of the whole car shuddering while braking. I had escalated to both contact@nexaexperience.com and contact@maruti.co.in but both times the dealer called me and is giving the explanation that this is there in all cars and i should come there and drive other automatic Baleno's to see it is a normal phenomenon.

Thank you for the offer but i would just get this done at my trusted fng, do not have much patience to argue with people who resolve a complaint saying brake shudders are a part of cvt transmission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
Overall I feel that such cars are unsafe for you and your family in terms of build quality. A better quality product can be purchased elsewhere.
Already knew that, as a package the car is very good and we have other cars like 320D and Fiesta for highway usage which are as safe as they can get. This is driven within city limits so the poor build was negated for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaSing View Post
I shouldnt say this but their attitude behind our backs is to grin and say"Customer ka **** bana dia".
, not all customers are the same though. Some are enthusiasts who are part of a lovely forum like team bhp with access to oodles of knowledge and unparalleled support from fellow members. These type of people can really hurt a company when the need comes up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
You live in Delhi, so it would be easy for you to go to one of the 3 company-owned MSM workshops. The expertise available there is unmatched at any dealer's service centre.
Since you are also recommending the same, would do it the next time some issue or service comes up. Even though Okhla is far off, can take the pain provided they know how to do their job and not shrug off every thing saying it is there in all cars.
coolboy007 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 15:48   #10
Senior - BHPian

This could either be a problem with the rotors, if not might even be a steering rack issue. Ask for regional service head. AFAIK the Baleno was part of a recall in 2018 over steering column issues.
Old 7th October 2020, 15:55   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Is the Naraina MSM still functional?
Old 7th October 2020, 18:52   #12
Senior - BHPian

This is quite common with Maruti cars. I own a Zen Estilo and the break shuddering noise came in after 12K on the odo. I tried every trick in the book, showroom, regular and reputed service guys. The sound wouldn't just go away. I even thought of getting the entire wheel axle replaced, but did not do keeping the cost in mind. Maruti has no idea of where the sound is coming from. They try to fix it, the sound is back the next day. It is so annoying, I even used to listen to music for a while. The short term solution my mechanic discovered was, he would use a sand paper on the discs and then the sound would go away for a couple of thousand kms, it comes back again. I have driven my car for almost now 70K, this is the most annoying part of the car. It keeps coming back. I spent more than 30K on trying to fix it but failed miserably. I am on the verge of upgrading my car, any car that is devoid of this noise will be a bliss for me to drive!
Raghu M is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 23:34   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quite shocking to read. The result of their investigative finding for the brake trigerred shuddering for auto transmission Balenos appears to be quite indigestable and a direct result of their shallow-level technical calibre and understanding.

MSIL cars sell because owners appreciate the reliability and the company's very long proven, customer friendly service support since decades. Many knowingly compromise on the questionable safety factors, overruling this consideration for the greater reliability and the good after sales service.

If MSIL dealers reach such lows in customer service satisfaction, the day is not far when buyers will start giving a thumbs down to MSIL and turning away towards other brands.

The dinosaurs came along 245 million years ago grew evolved into several, diversified ranges of species, multiplied, ruled the earth but also became extinct around 66 million years ago.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 7th October 2020 at 23:51.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 07:28   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
-If deflection values are found within tolerance, juddering can still be caused in your car if Stabiliser bar bushes and/or Link rods are bad. Do take this point very seriously as 90% of the technicians are not even aware of this. I had posted about this in my M800 thread, where you can also understand about deflection measurement process: Link (The love of my life - A 2000 Maruti 800 DX 5-Speed. EDIT: Gets export model features on Pg 27)
This is not gonna help in Baleno, suspension type is different between M800 & Baleno.
In M800 Stabilizer act as longitudinal load bearing members whereas in case of Baleno it is just a anti-roll bar. Baleno can even be driven without the ARB, which is impossible in case of M800.
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 14:22   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
This is not gonna help in Baleno, suspension type is different between M800 & Baleno.
In M800 Stabilizer act as longitudinal load bearing members whereas in case of Baleno it is just a anti-roll bar. Baleno can even be driven without the ARB, which is impossible in case of M800.
Yes Sir, I'm well aware that the suspension type is way different in Baleno and 800. I should have been a bit clear here, my bad.

I'm telling this from pure "Field experience" perspective. I have been through a case, where a Ritz had similar issue and it was solved by replacing these bushes(No-3) and link rods.

Name:  81.png
Views: 6640
Size:  11.8 KB

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks