Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2007, 23:22   #16
BANNED

Very interesting thread:

It could be one of the following:
i) Huge demand for Swift diesel:
Maybe the huge demand after all - Swift diesel is a beast of a vehicle with 16 kpl city mileage and 22 in highway - Every Swift Petrol owner I have spoken to would want to exchange his Petrol for a diesel.....So most probably it is the demand
ii) Problems with the diesel engine
If it is so, how come current diesel owners are so happy....Autocar expert says the engine will not give any problems till 2 lakh km........
What is this 'endurance' problem?

Maybe the old thumbrule holds after all: "Wait atleast a year before a new vehicle is launched before buying it"

Is the Swift diesel engine produced in Haryana going to be exported to European markets? If yes, then I doubt any engine problems.....Suzuki would see to it that nothing of this sort happened
Old 14th April 2007, 23:22   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Guys i am been qouted flat 1 week time for delivery for any colour for VDi with ABS but with ABS its gonna take time and i am waiting.

Is this specific to the dealer in Mumbai? Coz my colleague booked one here in Bangalore and I was with him. They have clearly said that it will take 4 months. Might come in earlier, but 4 months is what they quote to be on the safer side. No bookings for the ABS model. Production not yet started is what they claim.

If 2 to 4 months is the norm for the Swift Diesel, I wonder how they are giving it in a week's time.
Old 15th April 2007, 01:18   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix View Post
lucky u.. three months min in hyd... white no chance at all in the near future..
No no, whats the use i dont want the non-ABS one. I have booked on 14th Feb so thats why maybe i am getting the preference. Still waiting for the ABS version whos production has not started.
Old 15th April 2007, 01:59   #19
BHPian

There was a thread about some engine related complaint in swift diesel, i had posted some comments .
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...when-idle.html
Old 15th April 2007, 10:52   #20
Team-BHP Support

I think the problem is production lines, not a problem with engine.
Maruti cannot produce enough of the diesel.
As for the engine problem theory I do not buy it because its not a new engine.
Its a tried and tested unit and has been internationally called one of the best common rail engines around.
Old 15th April 2007, 11:18   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
No no, whats the use i dont want the non-ABS one. I have booked on 14th Feb so thats why maybe i am getting the preference. Still waiting for the ABS version whos production has not started.
busa,

i ve booked the ABS version (Vdi) and there was no issue in people taking a booking for me.
Old 15th April 2007, 11:42   #22
BANNED

GreekSrik,
In an earlier post, you mentioned that:
i) You are 27th on the list
ii) Maruti has allotted 15 CRDI vehicles per dealer per month

In such a scenario, you must get your vehicle in 2 months....
else it is obvious that Maruti has slowed production...Why would they do it?
Old 15th April 2007, 12:13   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
busa,

i ve booked the ABS version (Vdi) and there was no issue in people taking a booking for me.
Sreeky, I might have missed this but whats made you go for diesel. Swift petrol is a very good option. G13BB is proven, extreamly reliable and fuel efficient engine. About diesel.... I dont know is somebody has same confidence.
Old 15th April 2007, 12:55   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
busa,

Though not exactly relevant to the current topic, but couldn't help asking people in this thread. How much exactly this ABS installation for ?

can it be installed in Ldi ?

Thanks
Old 15th April 2007, 13:46   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeksrik
busa,
All the best to U,man...Let us know if u get the car in 2007.(little exaggeration)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay
Sreeky, I might have missed this but whats made you go for diesel. Swift petrol is a very good option. G13BB is proven, extreamly reliable and fuel efficient engine. About diesel.... I dont know is somebody has same confidence.
Ajay,I can clearly see that u haven't test driven the diesel Swift yet.
So, go do it.
Old 15th April 2007, 13:52   #26
Senior - BHPian

busa and others,

sorry that i clarified today and found my car wont have ABS! now i am seriously considering whether 6 lacs for a car without abs is worth it at all no matter what level of refinement the mjd has! also it could trigger off one more review if i am able to test drive the logan today. damn maruti

i am pissed off with them for this non informative attitude. when i test drove they said car has everything. now i realise the price is for no-ABS and no-defogger! now how many cars have you seen without defogger for that price!?

Jaggu, does your car have ABS?
Old 15th April 2007, 14:17   #27
Senior - BHPian

Geeky, Jaggu's car does not have ABS.
But, he uses 195 size Good year directional tyres, ask him if the tyres lock up during HARD braking from 80 or 100kph.
His answer will help your decision.
Old 15th April 2007, 15:46   #28
Senior - BHPian

6 months if u want a DDIS???

My frnd went to book one and said he will haev to wait 6 months for the ABS one and if its a white one then!!!!

marketing prank or a joke?

he wont be gettign swift coz of that but maybe a THE red hot hatch most of us drool over here at tbhp
Old 15th April 2007, 18:41   #29
Team-BHP Support

Nope mine doesn have ABS, its a Vdi and has only engine immobilizer above Vxi version options.

I have driven my car for 240 kms till now, and no skid yet and am driving on a cautious side now since its not very advisable to do hard breaking for first few 100 kms

though yday i drove her in lil spirited manner (no alcohol ) and i somehow loved the tyres the way they have changed the cars characteristics, grips solid during cornering and braking.

Best part is the rush of 2 to 4 k rpm he he he... point and shoot oh its fun alright.. both makes it feel like a frigging go kart now.

Checked oil level and to my surprise the oil color hasnt changed yet hmmm still fresh.. thought diesels engine oil goes dark soon.. light gold reminds you of whiskey

and best is when my cousin tells rudra that for the same kms that i have done his vxi fuel guage goes way below, mine just crossed 3/4 mark and soon after the conversation we went for another spin till silk board from ind nagar lol
Old 16th April 2007, 00:07   #30
Senior - BHPian

I am also in the market for a hatchback replacement for my WagonR but I have nothing serious going on about it yet.

They said 1 month here at kiran motors in Ahmedabad for any swift except with ABS.

And on top of that Kataria motors belongs to my friends uncle (we did a report on them in college times). So maybe a better price too.

Why I think swift diesel is taking a long time is because though maruti has lots of customers for swift diesel, maybe other cars like wagonR and Alto are selling more and Maruti has to prioritize whether to let the higher and regularly better selling wagonR and Alto sales loose or let the new swift diesel customers wait. Think as the CEO of Maruti Udyog on what you would do. I would certainly ask the swift diesel customer to wait than let other best selling cars suffer.

PS: IT also adds to value and re-sale of the car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks