Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2021, 15:45   #46
BHPian

re: Poor VW Polo GT buying experience (EVM Perumbavoor / Kottayam). EDIT: Matter resolved, page 3

What's not surprising is VW not acting on it. VW & Skoda do not have a robust CRM of their own. They have a customer care which just redirects your complaints to the dealer's CRM. Which is counter-productive sometimes.

While in Maruti, if you escalate once, after that, until the issue is resolved, somebody from Maruti is directly in touch with you and you don't haggle with the dealer anymore for that issue. At every Maruti dealer/Service Center, contact details of a Maruti CRM is displayed, who is responsible for that dealership/service center. This, I feel is a wonderful approach. After all, I'm buying a Maruti/VW/Skoda car and not a Mandovi/EVM/Brite car.

But still, even by VW/Skoda standards, what the OP is facing is an extreme issue. How can the price keep going up by 10k every month? And pushing for coating, accessories and all is unacceptable.

See if you are willing to buy from a showroom outside Kerala. Whatever anyone says, the Polo is a great car and it'd be sad if you let go of the car for the dealership's attitude.
cpabhijit is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 19:10   #47

re: Poor VW Polo GT buying experience (EVM Perumbavoor / Kottayam). EDIT: Matter resolved, page 3

In my case, I actually had quite a pleasant experience from EVM Skoda. We booked a rapid last june and took delivery within 6 days. There was no visible sales fiasco or anything going on. This was EVM thiruvalla by the way, which started dealing with Skoda as well since last year, prior to which they just had VW. The sales exec was straightforward. We had received 2Lac exchange for our 12yr swift base model, along with a 25K exchange and corporate benefits, making altogether 2.25L. This same old car was quoted for 1.20L by maruti true value when we had a plan to go for ciaz, and the experience in Nexa was sub par.
Anyway, there was no extra paid accessories and they'd given a pair of cushions, phone chargers and rear blinds. I guess during last June, since all dealers were recovering from the business dullness from Covid lockdown, the agents might've felt their job might've been at stake so they had no other option than to please the customer every way possible to get the merchandise moving, who knows.
jacobjagan_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 20:24   #48
BHPian

Aye man just wanna say don't let the dealership experience ruin your enthusiasm and the joy of owning your first and new car.

As some wise man once said on this forum - "You live with the car for the long not the salesman"
sen2693 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2021, 16:18   #49
BHPian

Re: Poor VW Polo GT buying experience (EVM Perumbavoor / Kottayam). EDIT: Matter resolved, page 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by igemini View Post
I purchased the GT TSI on 31st Dec 2021.
Now compare your experience with mine
Please edit your post to reflect the correct date
You can't have purchased a car on 31st December 2021.

Hope this helps!!
1985Darkkid85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2021, 18:16   #50
BHPian

Re: Poor VW Polo GT buying experience (EVM Perumbavoor / Kottayam). EDIT: Matter resolved, page 3

Took delivery of a Polo last month for a relative. Was in touch with trivandrum EVM for the entire process. Felt they were really professional and honest. Yes they do try to politely push in accessories, Insurance Finance etc but we turned down every thing apart from Insurance.
The show room was under renovation but apart from the obvious mess they more than made up for it by excellent customer service.
Think the experience may vary with different showrooms though.
Old 24th April 2021, 23:59   #51
rkw
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmzmatt View Post
The invoice raised by them however had the price as 11,67804. Thank You.
Sorry to hear about your sour experience with the dealer. But glad that it now seems to be sorted out. Wish you many smiles & miles in your new car!!

By the way, would like to understand if the invoice was raised on the "on-road price"? Normally, invoicing is done on "ex-showroom price".

Last edited by rkw : 25th April 2021 at 00:00. Reason: Typo corrected.
Old 25th April 2021, 10:21   #52
BHPian

EVM dealership is notorious for unethical practices. My friend used to work with EVM VW Trivandrum, this was when VW was launched in India. I recollect him narrating incidents of unethical and unfair practices employed by EVM. I wonder why VW has not employed their Global dealership compliance in India. Or if it exist in India it might be just namesake.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks