Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2007, 17:05   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kousik View Post
She signed the dotted lines that she received the car in satisfactory condition and drove home.
Was that supposed to be satisfactory or un satisfactory? Well 1st thing I would have done is to blast the s**it outta them and then not sign the job sheet.

Well now that your car is running fine, never go back to Pratham again. Period !!
Old 21st June 2007, 17:32   #17
BANNED

Any idea which is the best service center in Pune?

I bought my Swift at Sai Service Deccan, but Millenium Mobility is
the closest for me. I got it from Sai because a friend of a friend knew
the Sales Manager at Sai.
Old 21st June 2007, 21:54   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Hi,

<snip>

I feel we should have a law to sue these guys with hefty penalties if they donot understand what customer satisfaction is.......
As far as Bangalore concerned, vehicle population is too much and hence every dealer has a good chunk of vehicles to service.

And when no of vehicles getting in increases, the quality of interaction/service all deteriorates.

For Maruti, I feel small repairing centers are best.

My friend had a Maruti Esteem 2001 model and Green cars(Koramanagala) was giving very good service to him.

Their work quality/personal attention and cost are fair.

--shoemaker--
Old 21st June 2007, 21:56   #19
BHPian

I bought SX4 at Pratham a month back and got 1st service done. After that, due to scratches and bents, I went for repair and claimed insurance as well. Just to repair bent in rear bumper, those guys charged me 5.6K (total bill was 11.8K, including damaged left ORVM, front bumper scratches, repaints, etc) - now, I am wondering if it is over billed.

Also, with all these, the seat belt warning signal is still glowing even after I put on seat belts - God knows what they did (they never needed to touch interiors since all work needed externally).

I am hearing from this thread that sagar automobiles in Bannerghatta road is good - do you folks have any good/bad experience to share?

If they are good, I can go to them next time onwards. Who else is good in bangalore?
Old 27th June 2007, 16:28   #20
Senior - BHPian

Try Mandovi Motors @ V'ngr. They are OK for servicing compared to RNS Y'pur & Trinity motors, B'ngr. I usually give it to them for servicing of my car..........
Old 28th June 2007, 15:34   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post

Also, with all these, the seat belt warning signal is still glowing even after I put on seat belts - God knows what they did (they never needed to touch interiors since all work needed externally).
Check if the connector for this signal is properly connected. You can find this under the drivers seat..look carefully.
Old 27th July 2007, 22:59   #22
BHPian

i know a customer who went from sagar to pratham. all workshops ensure that any vehicle from another workshop that comes in with a problem is fixed "easily" and "cheaply". this way you become their long time customer. everyone does it and not just in car workshops.

hey....."try running a 10 crore dealership with 150 employees where you have to cater to at least 250 customers a day with 250 different attitudes, 250 different egos, 250 different needs and 250 different budgets" it ain't easy pal. cut them some slack.

of course your specific issue is not something that pratham or maruti will be proud about. its quite sad that they were unable to fix it.

conspiracy theory - that sagar guy actually did major repairs to the steering with parts salvaged from an old rubbished steering assembly lying in the workshop. but he did not tell you cos, this way he has got your undiluted loyalty for the next 5 years. a new customer gained means an extra incentive for him like that pratham guy who gets extra incentive on spares sales! ;-O

life is a beach..........enjoy it!

surYa
Old 28th July 2007, 02:05   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodhogan View Post
i know a customer who went from sagar to pratham. all workshops ensure that any vehicle from another workshop that comes in with a problem is fixed "easily" and "cheaply". this way you become their long time customer. everyone does it and not just in car workshops.

hey....."try running a 10 crore dealership with 150 employees where you have to cater to at least 250 customers a day with 250 different attitudes, 250 different egos, 250 different needs and 250 different budgets" it ain't easy pal. cut them some slack.

of course your specific issue is not something that pratham or maruti will be proud about. its quite sad that they were unable to fix it.

conspiracy theory - that sagar guy actually did major repairs to the steering with parts salvaged from an old rubbished steering assembly lying in the workshop. but he did not tell you cos, this way he has got your undiluted loyalty for the next 5 years. a new customer gained means an extra incentive for him like that pratham guy who gets extra incentive on spares sales! ;-O

life is a beach..........enjoy it!

surYa
Dude i dont think maruti or any maruti authorised service station of maruti has come of these days that they ll resort to such tactics to please the customer
Old 28th July 2007, 03:54   #24
BHPian

As snaronikar said try Mandovi motors, Vijaynagar.

These guys are reliable and offer good service. I used to give my zen (sold now) to these guys for servicing, now i own a swift and i take it to these guys for regular service. Go to this place and ask for Shashi who is a service advisor there, he is good, helpful chap.
PM me if you need any help in regards to Mandovi motors, vijaynagar.

Vijay
Old 28th July 2007, 09:38   #25
BANNED

[quote=hollywoodhogan;514359
hey....."try running a 10 crore dealership with 150 employees where you have to cater to at least 250 customers a day with 250 different attitudes, 250 different egos, 250 different needs and 250 different budgets" it ain't easy pal. [/quote]

If they don't find it easy, maybe they should shut down shop &
getting to some other easier business.
Old 28th July 2007, 10:38   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
If they don't find it easy, maybe they should shut down shop &
getting to some other easier business.
exactly............like you said, its not easy but a tough thankless job but someone's got to do it. and it takes a brave group of people to get into any sort of customer service industry anywhere in the world. in india especially there is a huge gap between customer service efforts and expectations because here our efforts are not up to the mark and also our expectations are huge.

life is a beach.....enjoy it!

surYa
Old 28th July 2007, 10:47   #27
BHPian

vishnugs vbmenu_register("postmenu_429852", true);
BHPian

Sagar Automobiles - Headed By Arrogant, Irresponsible, Unfriendly, Sarcastic People

so much for sagar automobiles service!

surYa
Old 29th July 2007, 00:27   #28
BHPian

Good for the OP that he got his problem resolved at a lesser cost.

As far as my experiences with Sagar go:

1) Non replacement/ topping of coolant on a paid service ( I paid him 4.3K)

2) Recommending replacing entire door for a minor dent which later on a road side chap tinkered for a trifle amount

3) I have a swift Lxi which doesnt have fog lamps. One of the covers fell off after a brush with an auto. For 10 months Sagar told me that this part is not available and u gotta replace bumper or fit fog lamps. Got the same from another dealer for 50 bucks

4) some other small parts and tail lamps not available.

I am not going there again.

Cheers
Ajay
Old 1st August 2007, 21:14   #29
Senior - BHPian

THere is no dealer who is perfect in every respect. For 10 satisfied customers, each will have 2 or 3 unsatisfed ones. There is no point in changing dealers/A.S.S at every service, it is better to develop a good rapport with them and stick to one, if you find them satisfactory in the first place.

I am pretty much Ok with Pratham now, though there were a few minor goof-ups during first service. I get excellent service from them now. I hope it remains so, in future too.
Old 1st August 2007, 22:55   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

hollywoodhogan,

Are you by any chance, directly or indirectly, linked to (the owners of) any dealership ? I think this is the first time someone's defended the dealers' actions.

While they might have 250 customers a day with 150 employees - that's a decision they've taken as their line of work. As a customer, its not my job to care abt the problems of a service-industry vendor. If I go to them with a problem , I expect it to be solved in the most efficient and customer-friendly method possible. If they cant, then I, as a slighted customer, will ensure their toes are stepped on by their mother companies as hard as possible.

You'll also find in most cases, those dealers/service shops that are progressive, will always treat the customer as king voluntarily

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks