Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2007, 16:42   #1
BHPian

Chevy car dealer in bangy

Guys,

After days and days of RnD on team-bhp, I have finally come to make a decision of buying the Aveo UVA.

I wanted to know about your opinions on the current 2 dealers in bangy. viz. Garuda Autocraft and Sundaram Autocraft.

Any comments?

-EMD
Old 13th June 2007, 19:35   #2
BHPian

Hi EMD,

I've gone with Garuda when I bought Aveo & am happy with their service so far. I do recommend Garuda.

Indian
Old 13th June 2007, 20:15   #3
Team-BHP Support

Garuda must be good but I've no first hand experience there.
I go to Sundaram Motors and for last three years they've been treating me really well.
Old 13th June 2007, 20:19   #4
BHPian

@EMD, I took a TD of the Spark at Garuda and a TD of the Aveo (at your insistence ) at Sundaram. Both were good. I found Sundaram a tad professional if pre sales is any indicator of post sales support. I checked the forum for any bad experiences with either of the two and found none.

My concern - Fiat was said to have poor A.S.S before the Tata jv. Before that it was Sundaram in the South..so do we read anything there???
Old 13th June 2007, 21:18   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
I checked the forum for any bad experiences with either of the two and found none.
Are you sure about this!?!?

Well, from what I have experienced and heard, both are more or less at same level.
Old 13th June 2007, 21:24   #6
BHPian

Go for Sundaram they are process oriented and fair garuda is also good but more points to sundaram if asked me ..
Old 13th June 2007, 21:31   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

A colleague of mine purchased his U-VA LS from Garuda few months back. He's got no complaints yet.
Old 13th June 2007, 21:48   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
A colleague of mine purchased his U-VA LS from Garuda few months back. He's got no complaints yet.
why not ask that colleague to give a first hand report on FE and other performance indicators on this forum ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post
Are you sure about this!?!?

Well, from what I have experienced and heard, both are more or less at same level.
i ve heard the same too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
@EMD, I took a TD of the Spark at Garuda and a TD of the Aveo (at your insistence ) at Sundaram. Both were good. I found Sundaram a tad professional if pre sales is any indicator of post sales support. I checked the forum for any bad experiences with either of the two and found none.

My concern - Fiat was said to have poor A.S.S before the Tata jv. Before that it was Sundaram in the South..so do we read anything there???
so what?? sundaram did a good job with fiat cars, and i beleive sundram still services some old fiats!!

and finally rudra sen, after a long time a post from your end! how much FE does your optra give? and how much did it cost you on road?
Old 13th June 2007, 22:31   #9
BHPian

there's a typo in my post- its not sundaram autocraft. only sundaram motors

@geeksrik : Yes, i saw a white sienna parked in sundaram. must've been a vehicle come in to get serviced.

btw, garuda's prices are about 2k more than sundaram. wonder if this is justified. i can get one time full tank with that.
Old 13th June 2007, 22:36   #10
BHPian

@themag: Can you please get the FE figures and performance data from your colleague who bt. the UVA LS? There's hardly much data from existing users of the UVA on the forum. It'll be damn helpful to me.
Old 13th June 2007, 23:26   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
why not ask that colleague to give a first hand report on FE and other performance indicators on this forum ???
I'm sure there are lot of people on the face of this planet who aren't automotively inclined enough to post on automotive forums. They might also have other priorities that they would know best. Thats why, I think.

However, since EMD wants to know some actual usage information, I shall ask this colleague once he comes back from the Microsoft TechEd happening in Mumbai currently

Last edited by theMAG : 13th June 2007 at 23:28.
Old 14th June 2007, 05:42   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
and finally rudra sen, after a long time a post from your end! how much FE does your optra give? and how much did it cost you on road?
Yes, I'm not really posting nowadays. Essentially because of time. Will get back soon.

Can't really say what FE. I spend more time standing in thick traffic than driving. I take more than half hour to cover 6km.

Roughly, you can take it as 8.5 - 9kmpl. On long drive, I got around 16. Pretty good for a car of that size and weight.

Three years back, I paid 11.57 on road.
Old 14th June 2007, 11:55   #13

When i was squaring on my Aveo, I was looking out for Sundaram initially, But the response from them is not that Good, Meanwhile, when i went to GAruda once, They have given me couple of calls at that week.
Then on, While servicing, GAruda is doing better.. You know, They have gone a inch extra to get my things done, Once my car got a hit in TN, I gave it to MPL in chennai, they dont have the mirror and the wheeel Rim, when i called up sundaram they also didnt have at that time, So i called up bangalore sundaram and Garuda, Subdaram has the spare but they said they will give it to me only if i get it serviced from them.. One person called ANthony was there in garuda Service station, He has given me some spares on the counter!! So this made me feel GAruda is better... I surely recommend Garuda..
Old 14th June 2007, 12:12   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post

Can't really say what FE. I spend more time standing in thick traffic than driving. I take more than half hour to cover 6km.

6 kms 30 mins.. bangalore traffic characterstics !!
Old 14th June 2007, 12:52   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatMyDust View Post
btw, garuda's prices are about 2k more than sundaram. wonder if this is justified. i can get one time full tank with that.
For the Spark I fiound Sundaram 1 K approx higher than Garuda. Raised it with Sundarm guys but they said it is supposed to be uniform. Also spoke to a Chevy Channel manager who happened to be there who said OTR prices in a city SHOULD be the same across dealers and he would check (hope dhe doesnt "raise" all prices - Also Chevy registration and delviery is 5K whereas it is 3K for FIat-tata!!.

ALso Garuda offered to finance with SBI at 12.25% interest. Sundaram offered the std rack rate.

@EMD - suggest you go with one who has better A.S.S. I would also like to know who
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks