Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2007, 12:43   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap_deal View Post
maybe it was a coincidence that key was lost and car was stolen?
i dont know why everyone is assuming the service center had anything to do with it. though they might have, it certainly is a possibility.

100,000 volts going thru the exterior or flamethrowers under the door should come standard with cars IMO.
Key was not lost it is clearly mentioned that the key was replaced without informing and they did not change the lock set when we got to know that key was changed,excuse given was unavailablity of the lock set.
Old 17th June 2007, 13:47   #32
BANNED

Your post is rather difficult to understand.
Use small sentences. Leave paragraphs, spaces etc liberally -
it's free.
Old 17th June 2007, 14:19   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Key was not lost it is clearly mentioned that the key was replaced without informing and they did not change the lock set when we got to know that key was changed,excuse given was unavailablity of the lock set.
I did not understand that. It was replaced means what? Are you saying that the key they gave you back was not what your car originally had but the locks on the car were still the old ones? As in the new key that came back would not open the doors anymore?

Shucks! That means anyone who has the key can later come and take the car away?! But then how was the ignition working with the new key? How did you start the car after taking delivery?
Old 18th June 2007, 03:18   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
I did not understand that. It was replaced means what? Are you saying that the key they gave you back was not what your car originally had but the locks on the car were still the old ones? As in the new key that came back would not open the doors anymore?

Shucks! That means anyone who has the key can later come and take the car away?! But then how was the ignition working with the new key? How did you start the car after taking delivery?
The key returned with the car was a duplicate key that was working one side and was brand new unlike the original key.
Old 18th June 2007, 09:47   #35
BHPian

Poor Service Centre

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
This is shocking!
Hyundai should cancel these kinda dealers. The management should be interrogated and the people who were responsible while this car was being serviced should be especially kept an eye on.

Glad to know that they have atleast agreed to pay out the difference. Isn't that a sign of some foul play?

Evem I had a very poor sales experince at Orion Hyundai, went there to TD and probably buy Getz , but the sales staff was so rude and unprofessional in their conduct that we came out fuming and viwed to avoid Hyundai cars, atleast till the time there are only two dealerships in gurgaon.
Old 18th June 2007, 12:28   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Burgler alarms can easily be disconnected,its useless except for convinience.
Well.. it still takes time, access to the car and expertise to disconnect it. Have you tried disconnecting an alarm in 60 seconds (like in movie "Gone in 60 seconds" ) ? Besides, if it is disconnected after a service, it will be equally easy to notice that it has been detected.

Intention of an alarm is not to provide a bullet proof method of securing your car, but to provide a deterent to a would be burgler.. Car insurance companies in UK actually quote a lower premium if a car has a burgler alarm/immobiliser. They are not fools to do it on a whim.. They probably looked at the statistics of stolen cars and decided that a car installed with burgler alarm poses lesser risk of being stolen.
Old 18th June 2007, 12:58   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Well.. it still takes time, access to the car and expertise to disconnect it. Have you tried disconnecting an alarm in 60 seconds (like in movie "Gone in 60 seconds" ) ? .
It is actually quite easy to disconnect an alarm. When my autocop has a problem I wanted it diconnected, as it kept going off randomly. The mechanic, just popped the hood and pulled the connector wire and fuse. He even showed me which wires he disconnected so that I can reconnect it myself later. All this took less than 15 secs. Till date I'm driving the car without reconnecting the alarm.

And regarding the regarding the remote, I misplaced my remote. So I had to get another remote. The same mechanic took about a minute to tune the new remote to the old set's frequency.

It was really that simple!!! That is why I'm no longer using these fancy car alarm!!!
Old 18th June 2007, 13:43   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Well.. it still takes time, access to the car and expertise to disconnect it. Have you tried disconnecting an alarm in 60 seconds (like in movie "Gone in 60 seconds" ) ? Besides, if it is disconnected after a service, it will be equally easy to notice that it has been detected.

Intention of an alarm is not to provide a bullet proof method of securing your car, but to provide a deterent to a would be burgler.. Car insurance companies in UK actually quote a lower premium if a car has a burgler alarm/immobiliser. They are not fools to do it on a whim.. They probably looked at the statistics of stolen cars and decided that a car installed with burgler alarm poses lesser risk of being stolen.
professionals can easily do that in 60 secs.
Old 18th June 2007, 14:30   #39
Team-BHP Support

The easiest way to do this is to break one of the side indicators. Take the bulb out and then take a wire and short circuit the system. Immediately a fuse blows up and alongwith that the burglar alarm also goes kaput. Then they lift the hood, disconnect the alarm and put in a new fuse. All this gets done in less than a minute.
Old 18th June 2007, 22:47   #40
BHPian

Quote:
The easiest way to do this is to break one of the side indicators. Take the bulb out and then take a wire and short circuit the system. Immediately a fuse blows up and alongwith that the burglar alarm also goes kaput. Then they lift the hood, disconnect the alarm and put in a new fuse. All this gets done in less than a minute.
Thanks for the education.
Situation seriously warrants some advanced security systems which could servive the technic for all our cars. But that "advanced one" still remains the age old technology of gear locking I guess!
Old 18th June 2007, 23:33   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamhegde View Post
Thanks for the education.
Situation seriously warrants some advanced security systems which could servive the technic for all our cars. But that "advanced one" still remains the age old technology of gear locking I guess!
Hmmm.. but how many actually develop the habit of using it regularly? A better age old solution is to keep a security guard with a lathi next to the car
Old 19th June 2007, 09:54   #42
Senior - BHPian

Well I have seen some people chaining their vehicle rear axel to the hook on the floor at night.

But I believe most of you have not seen my earlier post #16, it has links to one of the most robust anti-theft systems available now, autocop and similar are like a door opener only.

These are the ones to go for, rest are just toys for thieves.
Old 20th June 2007, 06:17   #43
BANNED

Quote:
The new Autocops have this protection against this type of theft attempts. You can't blow off the entire security system by this method. I've asked the Autocop guys (specifically) about this 2 months ago.

Although they didn't gave me any more info, they told me that they have incorporated a safety fuse.
Old 20th June 2007, 06:41   #44
Senior - BHPian

well, it is rather shocking, but just to step back and check it out, it might hav been a co-incidence that the vehicle was stolen. unless the alarm et al was also disabled. But putting two and two together gives a very suspicious picture. I will sound off all my hyundai friends in delhi.
Old 21st September 2007, 14:45   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Update

Few days back i read in a local newspaper that a local car lifters gang has been nabbed and then a friend informed us that our car has been recovered.

We went to see the car in crime dept.(CIA)the car was in same condition ,not even a single scratch and the theives got themselves fake leather seat covers and dark tints.The head unit had been changed to alpine and the had the same number(HR29Q 7009).

The theives have been driving the car all this while in faridabad.Around 15 other cars including a endeavour and a scorpio have been recovered,all the cars have been stolen using the same tactic by stealing keys from service centers.

The car now belongs to insurance company as we have already taken the claims and bought us a new verna sx abs(report coming soon).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks