Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2022, 02:40   #31
BHPian

Re: Dealer registers Grand Vitara of the wrong colour in my name | Now what?

I don't understand what was the hurry to take the delivery of the car without seeing it in flesh. If you are buying 20 lac car at least take a day off from work and give a full day to it. When I went to take delivery of my swift, I took a whole day off and the process went like this:

1. Visited the showroom as soon it got opened.
2. Saw the car in flesh and did PDI.
3. Satisfied, I signed some RTO related documents and other docs related to the car.
4. Negotiated and fixed the final pricing which include the accessories, discounts and insurance quotes.
5.Made down payment and immediately give a go ahead to bank to disperse the loan amount to the dealer. Here in case of loan, one need to apply for it days before delivery and the amount will released only after the customer go ahead. The whole dispersing process took only 2/3 hours.
6. In the meantime approval of temporary registration came from RTO.
7.Took the car and zoomed away.
sabi_swat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2022, 03:37   #32
Senior - BHPian

The new Grand Vitara is hot stock, can you sell that around for a profit? You got a nice shade of blue that is easy to sell.
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2022, 10:44   #33
BHPian

It looks the car with wrong colour was registered deliberately by the dealer and not a mistake as it might be the only colour of that particular variant available. Definitely it is outright cheating of the customer by the dealer. When I bought my vehicle from Maruti I was contacted over the phone by the separate registration department of the dealer and they confirmed all the details like name, address, model, colour and variant before sending the vehicle for registration. So definiitely there is something fishy done by the dealer in this case.
Old 3rd December 2022, 15:59   #34
BHPian

Get the car thoroughly inspected to ensure that the mistake was innocent. Push the dealer for some goodies like extended warranty, accept the car and enjoy your purchase. I feel that prolonging this will only be detrimental to the buyer rather than the dealer, considering the amount of red tape involved. After all, Vitara looks good in blue too.
Gildarts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2023, 07:55   #35
BHPian

I can understand that colour matters but if the car has been registered under your name, I would recommend to take the car and just let it be. Once car gets registerd under someone's name, it's that person's responsibility going forward for any situation or mishap as long as RC bears their name. I'm not sure what course of action the dealership is planning, but you should be aware of that. If they are planning to transfer it to someone else, it will be counted as a second hand purchase and that will be at cost of someone. Well, enjoy the ride is what I would suggest and blue is a great colour too

Also, did you check the form while signing what colour was mentioned in it? Just wondering how paperwork was carried.
Old 6th February 2023, 14:31   #36

A big thanks to everyone for your support and guidance.
The car was finally delivered to me in the correct colour on December 24th.
Having learnt my lesson the hard way, I made sure to inspect the car pre registration and pre delivery.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks