Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2007, 08:39   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post

On the hindsight, I don't know Mark why you went to Nawab Motors , you should have gone to either Samyak Motors or Vivek Auto, PUG members have good feedback on these SC's especially Samyak.
Finney, I gave my car to nawab motors due to following reasons:
- i bought the car from them, so knew a few people there
- accident took place in noida, and i knew of only nawab motors wshop nearby

As for moving the car to Vivek Auto, is it possible at this stage? how will the insurance thing figure out? speaking of which, its another pain as HDFC Chubb doesnt have cashless arrangement with nawab. So I will have to shell out close to 1.5L for the whole thing initially.
Though the surveyor did say that cashless might be possible, have to check that.
Old 5th July 2007, 08:50   #17
Senior - BHPian

This is very very frustrating indeed. This is what makes people to run away from Fiat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Sick and tired he has forgotten about the car and gone ahead and picked up a Civic.
Not everyone has the moolah to forget one car & get another.
Old 5th July 2007, 10:08   #18
Team-BHP Support

Mark thats a bad crash. IIRC, you mentioned that your engine block went for a toss too? Correct me if I am wrong.
Fiat India is still digging their own grave and will continue to do so.

Please file a case against them and shake their roots off!
Old 5th July 2007, 10:24   #19
BHPian

I see the pics... I think you are lucky to get out of the accident unhurt... Imagine what would have haqppened if you were to be admited in Fiat Hospital(Just Kidding...).. Cheer up... Lets hope ur Car comes out clean.
Old 5th July 2007, 10:26   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by markiv View Post
As for moving the car to Vivek Auto, is it possible at this stage?
If the part isnt there, it doesnt matter whether you move the car to Vivek Auto. Check with Vivek Auto guys to see if they have the necessary parts and see if you can convince them to sell it to you off-the-shelf.

Vigerous and stern follow-up mails to Fiat about the urgency of getting parts will definetely help expediate the process. They may even try to get the necessary part sourced from another dealer if available.

I had this done a few years back for my Palio D, when the temp sensor failed. Got the part couriered from Hyd dealer to the Vizag dealer very quickly indeed.
Old 5th July 2007, 10:30   #21
BHPian

Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Best option is to buy a Maruti.. 100's of Authorised Service Centres to choose from. Parts are getting a bit scarce for the Baleno.. but can be sourced pretty quickly even now.
Why are you bragging Maruti in this discussion...every one knows the story..you need not tell again & again..

If you have any other suggestion..please free to help the guy..

ciaoo
Old 5th July 2007, 11:02   #22
Senior - BHPian

This indeed is bad. 2 months for an accident repair is a very long time. I guess you should take this up with Fiat India with a very stern note that you are very dissatisfied with their service and are not averse to moving consumer court.

I have had email interactions with Mr. Marius D'Lima of Fiat India and have found him very responsive. I guess you can start off with mailing him and asking him to forward it to the concerned person if he is not the one.

His email id is marius.d'lima@fiat.com.
Old 5th July 2007, 11:31   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whenasked View Post
Why are you bragging Maruti in this discussion...every one knows the story..you need not tell again & again..

If you have any other suggestion..please free to help the guy..

ciaoo
Are you blind? Just see the post above urs.

And I wasnt bragging.. I am speaking from experience.. becoz I own both a Maruti and a Fiat.
Old 5th July 2007, 21:30   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Mark thats a bad crash. IIRC, you mentioned that your engine block went for a toss too? Correct me if I am wrong.
Fiat India is still digging their own grave and will continue to do so.

Please file a case against them and shake their roots off!
Yup, there was a crack in the crankcase and has been replaced. The block alone costs around 60K afaik. Post refitting the engine with new block, I dont know how it will go!! I guess there will be another run-in period for the engine!

As for filing a case, can anyone guide me on how to approach the consumer court?
Old 6th July 2007, 14:05   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by markiv View Post
As for filing a case, can anyone guide me on how to approach the consumer court?
IMHO, there is no point in filing a case. The dealer will simply say that spare parts were not available and hence the repairs were delayed. Fiat can also get away saying the same thing. What are the grounds for the case then? There is no manufacturing defect or warranty claims involved here.

However, that shouldnt stop you from telling Fiat (not the dealer - I dont see any fault with them) that u'll take them to court if they dont expediate sending the parts needed to carry out repairs.
Old 6th July 2007, 22:45   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
However, that shouldnt stop you from telling Fiat (not the dealer - I dont see any fault with them) that u'll take them to court if they dont expediate sending the parts needed to carry out repairs.
The dealer (specifically the spare parts deptt) confirmed to me that all the parts had arrived in the first week of June. But now the workshop guys tell me that 2-3 parts have actually not arrived or are other than what they ordered!!

Now here dealer is at fault. First they tell me that all parts have come. Then the crankcase turned out to be that of 1.1 ltr engine, and now even 2-3 more parts have to be re-ordered. This is causing further agony!

& to top it all, I have to travel each day from delhi to gurgaon on my bike now in the monsoon season

those buggers wont even give me a replacement car as they dont have any!!

another 4-5 days for the remaining parts to arrive and then another week for delivery is what they have said today.
Old 6th July 2007, 23:34   #27
BANNED

I understand your problems better today!
Went to FiaTata authorised service station with our Petra to correct the Headlamp focus because it was all over the place and not a bit on the road. Not that a big job I can't do myself but being a Fiat, I didn't want to screw it up more!
After some good smiles and funny looks, Dim means bright on left and dim on the right. Bright means vice versa!
And I also got to see that the dim bulbs were not even fitted on the socket and it fell down after couple a kilometers.
Took the car to one of my neighbourhood Auto electrician. He was laughing when I reached his place for some reason that is obvious. Got the job done in less than 5 minutes.

But the focusing is all haywire and not precise. Finally came to know that the car had taken a knock on the right front corner and the Headlamp assembly needs to be replaced due to some screws and connecting nuts broke inside.
I wonder why Fiat service guys didn't find out this.

End of the day! Markiv, you're unfortunately not the only soul who suffers from Fiat's A.S.S problems!
Old 7th July 2007, 00:07   #28
Senior - BHPian

Markiv - Actually there is one thing that you can do. And that is present a bill for the delay in the arrival of parts & finishing of the car's work if they have committed to you on paper earlier. What you have to do is submit a bill for taxi usage on all the extra days they kept the car & ask them to pay it because of delay from their end.

Last edited by iraghava : 7th July 2007 at 00:08.
Old 7th July 2007, 00:23   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
somehow, I think it is more an issue with Fiat rather than Nawab motors
From your post, You have mentioned that the parts have not yet fully arrived. Also, they caused the initial delay screwing up the crankcase right? Isn't that a problem with FIAT? May be you should file a case against the company and the dealer.

My suggestion is to write in to any one of the magazines with all details. I have a personal experience with OVERDRIVE magazine, where they took my letter upto Rajiv Bajaj to put forward my case.

Please write to AUTOCAR helpline (members only, i guess) or overdrive mailbox. Mail id is available on the magazines, or will post it here if you want.
Old 7th July 2007, 02:42   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Markiv - Actually there is one thing that you can do. And that is present a bill for the delay in the arrival of parts & finishing of the car's work if they have committed to you on paper earlier. What you have to do is submit a bill for taxi usage on all the extra days they kept the car & ask them to pay it because of delay from their end.
well thats some suggestion!! what they gave me in writing (in email) was that all the parts have arrived. This was first week of june.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
From your post, You have mentioned that the parts have not yet fully arrived. Also, they caused the initial delay screwing up the crankcase right? Isn't that a problem with FIAT? May be you should file a case against the company and the dealer.

My suggestion is to write in to any one of the magazines with all details. I have a personal experience with OVERDRIVE magazine, where they took my letter upto Rajiv Bajaj to put forward my case.

Please write to AUTOCAR helpline (members only, i guess) or overdrive mailbox. Mail id is available on the magazines, or will post it here if you want.

I am sending this story to Autocar, lets see if they take it up.

Last edited by markiv : 7th July 2007 at 03:00.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks