Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2007, 22:08   #1
BHPian

Disgusting A.S.S of TATA-Fiat (Nawab Motors)

Writing this rather late in the day. I am a proud(!) owner of a Fiat Palio 1.6. Took delivery in Oct last year. It was barely 6 months when in March end, I had an accident. Thankfully I was unhurt but the car got badly damaged. Front right side hit the divider head-on.

The extent of damage can be gauged from the pictures below and the fact that the crankcase got cracked as well. Radiator, compressor, ac condenser were also among the casualty.

That was March 31st and today is July 4th. I am still to get the car from the workshop.

I had given my car to Nawab Motors, Noida from whom I bought the car.

Recovering from the shock and getting survey done from insurance co. took some time and by mid-april the work was to start. The list of parts required was sent to Fiat factory. Some 30 odd parts were there.

In the coming weeks, seeing little progress on the parts delivery, I took up the matter with Fiat service and emailed/called them. It was after a lot of follow up that finally all the parts arrived at the workshop (or so i was told)

This was May 5th. I even got an email from Nawab motors wshop and fiat service confirming that all the parts have now reached the workshop.

The nightmare was not over though. Those morons at Fiat had sent the crankcase of the new 1.1 ltr engine instead of the 1.6's.

Anyway, the correct part was sent quickly enough and reached within a week. Now all the parts were with the workshop and I hoped for my car to be ready soon.

However the issue still lingered on, and right now they are again stuck with a couple of parts missing (bracket for mounting engine, bracket for ac compressor)

The engine itself has been fitted anew with the new crankcase, so they say that it needs to be tested once everything is fitted. God knows how it will turn out!!

I am now thinking of going to consumer court as this has gone on long enough.

Rather long write-up but i was meaning to share this for some time.

some snaps depicting the damage.......

Old 4th July 2007, 22:12   #2
BHPian

OMG, that's a bad crash - glad to know you escaped unhurt.
Old 4th July 2007, 22:15   #3
Senior - BHPian

good to know you escaped unhurt

btw you started two threads on the same thing
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ab-motors.html
Old 4th July 2007, 22:17   #4
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Thats indeed a bad crash. Glad to know you are safe.

Quote:
That was March 31st and today is July 4th. I am still to get the car from the workshop.
They take 4 months to get the hottest hatch in the country ready from an accidental repair ? I feel pity for you, specially knowing that you still have no idea how long the wait will be. I know how frustrating it is.

The worst incident I have heard till date is from Ford. A friends Mondeo had a blown piston set and bent conrods. And guess what its almost 4 months now and still the guys from Delhi are yet to come and inspect the car to grant warranty so that the dealer can go ahead with the repairs (this is a second rebuild, has happened before too). Sick and tired he has forgotten about the car and gone ahead and picked up a Civic.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 4th July 2007 at 22:30.
Old 4th July 2007, 22:26   #5
BHPian

Thank God you escaped unharmed. FIAT India should be ashamed of themselves. I can totally understand your agony man.
Old 4th July 2007, 22:30   #6
BHPian

The impact seems high, happy you are doing fine. Automobile guys are always to watch for. The best way for you is to pay attention to detail, ask lot of questions, do not let any thing go unattended/ unchecked. Even in Hyderabad I had to go to workshop a couple of times to get the fuse box fixed properly so it does not slide down.

Latest was I asked them to fix one head lamp that comes on late, it went without being fixed. I need to travel 20 KM round trip in bad traffic.
Old 4th July 2007, 22:37   #7
BHPian

Markiv,
Should definetly go to consumer court and file a complaint against fiat India.
I have seen a program on some news channel "mein hoon na" try contacting them and see if they can do any help. Also write to different auto Magazines and Auto shows on TV.

Hope you get the car back in shape very soon. take care and drive safe
GD
Old 4th July 2007, 22:41   #8
Senior - BHPian

Best option is to buy a Maruti.. 100's of Authorised Service Centres to choose from. Parts are getting a bit scarce for the Baleno.. but can be sourced pretty quickly even now.
Old 4th July 2007, 22:52   #9
BHPian

If you can move the car, have it transferred to Vivek Auto- Those guys are a good lot and were essentially FIAT dealers and workshop before TATA came along.

Hope you have recovered from the accident
Old 4th July 2007, 23:07   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinstein View Post
If you can move the car, have it transferred to Vivek Auto- Those guys are a good lot and were essentially FIAT dealers and workshop before TATA came along.

Hope you have recovered from the accident
I agree with wolfinstein. If its possible talk to Vivel Auto. They are a helpful bunch of people.
Old 4th July 2007, 23:12   #11
Senior - BHPian

That was a heavy damage on the Car, and ideally it should have been restored in 2 months max.

But 4 months nows, and the Car is still in Workshop!
This is totally UNACCEPTABLE!

On the hindsight, I don't know Mark why you went to Nawab Motors , you should have gone to either Samyak Motors or Vivek Auto, PUG members have good feedback on these SC's especially Samyak.
Old 4th July 2007, 23:12   #12
BHPian

Thank God you are safe.. Dont give up approach consumer court and do keep records of escalation emails. This would help your case to be on strong side.

Fiat good car but worst after sales service. SAD !!
Old 5th July 2007, 03:08   #13
BANNED

Oh my holy god!
It's indeed a bad crash. And to know that you was unhurt proves that Palio is a heavy and strong car which can withstand some good thrash ups.

Now for that bad service and all .... Many think it's all worth for this car. Nice to know You're not one of them and have raised your voice. It is a bad case and you should take some further action regarding this.
Ofcourse, there can be many reasons for this small delay, but the prime one is due to the very infamously bad FIAT A.S.S!

I feel really sorry for you and also recommend you to take some legal action against them.
Old 5th July 2007, 03:27   #14
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
That was a heavy damage on the Car, and ideally it should have been restored in 2 months max.
Finney are you really serious? 2 months? I have seen far worse crashes (Hyundai & Maruti pertaining) done up in less than 20 days. Unless its one of those esteemed privileges you get for owning the hottest hatch in the country.
Old 5th July 2007, 08:33   #15
Team-BHP Support

somehow, I think it is more an issue with Fiat rather than Nawab motors

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks