Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2022, 22:29   #16
BHPian

Re: 24/7 vehicle BreakDown Assistance

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
Now most car insurers have a 24x7 RSA/Emergency assistance as a add on cover so you can try it. I opted for it with HDFC Ergo for my new car recently.
Thank you, I agree insurance companies cover RSA add on these days. My dad does not have it currently & we have agreed that the next time he needs to renew, he will try to get this add-on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
From what I've read about RSA, there are multiple plans: some that are city of issue-specific (eg. within a 50kms radius of city of issue), while others are more relaxed it terms of radius covered. Where do your parents typically end up driving? It may be worth to check if the cities/towns fall in the serviceable range.

If you haven't had a good experience with Hyundai RSA, check with the insurance provider on the Creta?
They dont frequently drive out of NCR. This time they drove to Jim Corbett. My parents have not personally experienced the Hyundai RSA, but I have read about not so great stories on teambhp. Thanks for the suggestions.
My Jeep Compass insurance service provider is ICICI & I have the add on for RSA. Let me try to search for the specific terms and conditions and read the fine print on what they cover.
Old 28th April 2022, 20:11   #17
BHPian

Re: 24/7 vehicle BreakDown Assistance

Stumbled on this important thread.

By personal experience I would recommend to get that 24×7 RSA cover to all whether you may need it or not.

It's as important as that of having functional wipers during rainy season. If they fail while driving in rains, there is no use of any other functions in your car howsoever good or sophisticated they may be. Again chances are very rare but even a single incident will leave you stranded.

Now here's why I say so. I had just purchased my tjet and had a wonderful road trip from Pune to Hampi and back. Faced no problems what so ever till just after crossing Karad. I had filled up petrol in a pump after crossing Kolhapur. Just after Karad, my linea tjet suddenly started showing up the engine indicator and sputtered to a stop on the highway. Absolutely stranded with nothing miles around with dusk approaching. Dicky full of luggage. Parents, spouse and kid with worried faces.

Luckily I had my Fiat SA number and had taken RSA. I called him, he gave me RSA contact and voila within 30 mins I had a flatbed towing truck arriving. Rest of the journey was on the flatbed directly to the Fiat Service Center in Pune. It turned out that the petrol I had filled up was of impure quality and hence the onboard system had cutoff fuel supply to avoid engine damage.

I never fill up petrol at unknown pumps but still this time I did and was stranded. Moral of the story - get RSA covered.

Last edited by SSD2122 : 28th April 2022 at 20:16.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks