Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2007, 10:41   #1
BHPian

Cheating at MASS (EDIT: Positve attitude from AM Motors managment resolved the issue)

Sorry for such a looooooooong post.

We have bought new WagonR duo Lxi from AM Motors Malappuram on 16th July. Though I was not very interested to go ahead with this dealer as I felt they have got wrong attitude. Since the WagonR duo doesn’t had any offers at the that time my brother has told me that he will place the order with AM Motors because his dealing with the other dealer in our Town was even worst, and Indus Motors’s(India’s largest maruti dealer) nearest service station was 30 Kmts from our place.

As I have got held up with work I couldn’t go to my home town to welcome the new addition to our family. After taking delivery my bother has called me up and told that the entire process was smooth. He was very happy with the vehicle as well as dealer. When I asked about the registration details he has told me that we will get the RC and other documents in a couple of weeks. 3 Weeks later when I called up he has told me that finally dealer has given him the registration number KL-56-6324 but they have advised him not display the number plate till he gets the RC !! I felt something fishy there and asked whether they have given Insurance Policy/Cover Note and tax paid receipt etc. It was a surprise when I came to know that they didn’t even issue the insurance policy (Not even Xerox copy), consolidated invoice and no other documents. By this time my bother has been charged by MVI had to pay RS.1000 penalty.

So I had to travel to my home town next weekend as soon as I reached I have called up the sales guy. As usual got the reply ‘your RC will be issued in another 2 days’. When I asked about the insurance policy he has told that it is with RTO, they will issue it along with the RC.I have rushed to the show room and caught this guys and started questioning him for Insurance and tax paid receipt. Also got the penalty reimbursed from them. As I have started shouting at them his manger has came down and talk to me. He has asked them to give me the insurance policy Xerox copy and the temp. permit details. Apologized and made be believe that we would get the RC in a couple of days and asked me to fix the number plate so that there won’t be any more problems from the cops. After having a look at the policy my brother has told me that they have taken the delivery of the vehicle at 5:30 pm and the policy has been create only at 6:45 pm !!! When I came back home I have raised a complaint with Maruti Udyog website.Next day I got a reply from maruti that they will look into this issue and get back to me in a couple of days. On the same day evening my brother has received a call from the dealership and they assured that these things will be sorted out very soon. As I had to get back to work I came back to Bangalore very next day.

There was no response from the dealer for next 3 days (it was onam holidays). After 3 days they have called up my brother and apologized that they haven’t registered the vehicle yet and it was their fault and they will do the needful on next day itself (They have taken the vehicle for registration 7 days after delivery and they didn’t do it at that time ??). It was close to 2 months since they have delivered the vehicle !!!! they haven’t registered the vehicle..Finally they have come down and took the vehicle to RTO and got it registered and also paid the penalty. Now we have received the RC and other documents as well. But imagine if this car would have met with some accident/ if the cops had identified the false registration number what would have happened ????

We had another 3 maruti vehicles in our family other two have bought from Indus Motors and my car from pratham mototrs ORR. So far our experience with the maruti dealers was great. But this was for first time we were dealing this particular dealer. As my brother was just returned from UAE he wasn’t aware of all these and these guys have understood it very clearly and looted him very nicely. Still I don’t know what went wrong with them and i haven’t received any more follow up/ replies from maruti after that.

If anybody knows the email id or contact details of maruti officials to whom I can escalate this issue please help me.
Old 18th September 2007, 14:05   #2
BHPian

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that. One of my friend is working for MUL in kerala may be you can discuss the entire issue with him. i think he should sort it out. his name Suresh placed in ernakulam
Old 18th September 2007, 14:38   #3
BHPian

Shailu,

Thanks for your reply.Can I have his e-mail Id/contact no ?
Old 18th September 2007, 16:54   #4
Senior - BHPian

EMail Jagdish Khattar - jagdish.khattar@maruti.co.in
Old 18th September 2007, 17:38   #5
Team-BHP Support

sounds more like imcompetence than cheating.
maybe even stupidity, did they think a buyer would keep waiting for his RC.

seems to me someone goofed up/ forgot whatever.

come on, the dealer is def to blame, but your bro needs to be carefull tooo.
Old 18th September 2007, 17:40   #6
Team-BHP Support

also read up on this article
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...heck-list.html
Old 19th September 2007, 09:43   #7
BHPian

Bblost,

There is noway that they have forgot to do that. From the 6th day of delivery my brother was calling them up almost every day.And he has droped in to the showroom atleast 3 times.Every time they were giving some reason or other.As I mentioned 3 weeks after delivery they have called up give the registration number too !!! (we never know that vehicle was not even registered at that time).
Old 19th September 2007, 10:40   #8
Team-BHP Support

I dont understand what the hell the dealer was actually trying to do.
There is no way a buyer would not have figured out the RC ain't coming in a month's time.
No way a buyer would keep quiet about it.

So much bad press for something as trivial(for a dealer) and so important(for buyer).

my guess is (for lack of anything better), some employee at the dealership hates the dealer.
Old 24th September 2007, 17:03   #9
BANNED

Sorry to hear about the bad experience. Thank the Lord that it was sorted out.
Old 24th September 2007, 17:06   #10
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-X5 View Post
Bblost,

There is noway that they have forgot to do that. From the 6th day of delivery my brother was calling them up almost every day.And he has droped in to the showroom atleast 3 times.Every time they were giving some reason or other.As I mentioned 3 weeks after delivery they have called up give the registration number too !!! (we never know that vehicle was not even registered at that time).
So why do you think the dealer did this? I can't see what benefit the
dealer got from this?
Old 24th September 2007, 17:26   #11
BHPian

Looks like a clear case of 'Money Rotation' business gone bad. We all know that dealers rotate money. All that booking money we put in and the money we pay reach the respective vendors (maruti Udyog, Insurance companies, RTO) after a gap of few days of maybe weeks in some cases. During this time dealers rotate money and make interest on the side. Your case might have been a case of bad debt where the dealer rotated the money and lost it to a bad debt. So he delayed as much as possible to recoup some of the losses and make your registration.
You have a right to take the dealer to court. There are many in this forum who can help you with the legal direction
In an entirely unrelated example i faced a different situation of hte same kind with mobile dealers. I used an airtel showroom to pay bills and i did this 20 days before due date. I got a note for unpaid bills. After long inquiries i found out that the darned Airtel showroom guys had rotated money i paid and did not forward it to airtel in time.
This seems to happen everywhere.

Last edited by Venkatesh.C : 24th September 2007 at 17:27.
Old 18th August 2008, 16:33   #12
BHPian

Mods, Could you please close the thread ? This dealer is after me to get it closed, might be affecting their business! They have updated me that they have sacked the culprits(I really dont want to hear that!).
Old 18th August 2008, 16:54   #13
Senior - BHPian

why should the mods do so??? No offence - but does a print media or a TV media take back any true story after a year just because someone asked them to do so?

A black mark should remain a black mark, at least a fellow Indian can avoid such a hassle at such a place!!!

Its the price the showroom should pay for having such a CRAP process of selling a car!!

All good things are attributed to the human, all bad things to the process that makes him do it...

My 2 paisa...

AM Motors - (if you are reading this) live with this until you create a success story that overshadow's this fraud of yours...
Old 26th August 2008, 16:54   #14
BHPian

What dealer did was really stupid ?
As you said
-in case u had an accident then you wouldn't get the insurance especially because you don't have one.
-am sure if you had an accident then the dealer wouldn't have paid from his pocket and you would have to go through a lengthy consumer case

I agree that what dealer did was wrong and people have to know.

thanks
Old 27th August 2008, 11:24   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-X5 View Post
Mods, Could you please close the thread ? This dealer is after me to get it closed, might be affecting their business! They have updated me that they have sacked the culprits(I really dont want to hear that!).
This clearly shows the power of tbhp.

How can they be careless with your priced possession?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks