Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2008, 22:34   #16
Team-BHP Support

Hmmm. Didn't get what the cheating was!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
And the Popular issue also happened to the same guy.
Same guy?
Old 1st January 2008, 22:41   #17
Senior - BHPian

Yes. The car was bought for his Dad
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tml#post669665

Er... i think he should leave Mr. Hyundai alone and try his luck with Monsieur Maruti
Old 1st January 2008, 22:49   #18
Senior - BHPian

A very strong statement indeed ! yep as @benbsb29 said i had brought my vehicle from Hilton Huyndai, TVM . But i think like every other dealer around unless you re very sharp , you might not get a good deal. in my case the sales guy tried to slip me the car which was ondisplay at the showroom , also note that the same vehicle was being used for test drives, or atleast it was offered to me and another customer. At that time the ODO i remember clearly was counting over 250 KMS.

I referred another family friend of mine for a new verna , both hubby and wife are doctors , they paid a huge advance and did not get the car , . Primarily bacause due to the delay by the dealer in processing the vehicles registration papers these guys were asked to pay up some extra tax. and the dealer simply wantd to transfer the tax amount to the customer. They fought it out bitterly in a consumer court and finally got back the money.

I belive popular hyundai in TVM aslo has their share of bad experiences.Now these are the only tow available dealers in TVM, so my piece of mind - go to any of these places but be careful in your dealings. Personally i would prefer Popular as they have started a new centre and are trying real hard to create a loyal customer base.
Old 2nd January 2008, 13:02   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Looks like Hyundai's dealer are turning the Honda Dealer way.
Pillai

Since you've now decided that both the Hyundai dealers in Trivandrum are cheats for various reasons, can you tell us exactly why Hilton Hyundai are cheats - since the issue with Popular is public knowledge?

I have only dealt with them for service at Trivandrum or minor checkups, and my experience has been good so far.

No offense meant, but you seem to be the only common factor in both these cases. Kindly throw some light on the issue with Hilton so that people here understand exactly why you say this. If your statement is based on their assessment of your car's value at two separate points in time (3 months apart) as mentioned by JK, then it really is not fair since the dealer's price is based on their used car contact's valuation which itself is subject to various external factors like new models released by competitors in the market, newer versions of the same car being released, et al.

Besides, it is a well known fact that you will get a better valuation for your used car if you try to sell the car yourself. A dealer's price will always be lower. You have the option of taking their price or rejecting it - the choice is yours, and there's no binding requirement that you HAVE to sell your car to your dealer. So is there any other issue?

Last edited by Steeroid : 2nd January 2008 at 13:07.
Old 2nd January 2008, 14:31   #20
Senior - BHPian

Steer....your post count is ..4,444 good going.
Old 8th January 2008, 20:11   #21
Senior - BHPian

every other dealer would have one or more customers who are not satisfied due to n number of reasons.so its always nice to go for the better dealer who serves you better according to your notions and belief.thats one reason why he went to popular to get his car were he was more convinced.but alas they did such mistake ,it was out of world scenario now.
ram

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks