Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2007, 13:51   #1
BHPian

Which dealer for Honda in Bangalore- Dakshin or Whitefield Honda

Hi bhpians from Bangalore

I have decided to buy a City CVT and wanted to know from other owners of Honda as to which of the two dealers is better from a buying as well as ownership experience. I have been dealing with Dakshin and the interest from their side seems to be lukewarm. They dont seem to be proactive or very keen on selling. Typically you would expect the sales person to keep calling you but in this case, I am the one whos calling for trade in, for loan details, stock details etc. I havent booked yet for this reason.

From a service perspective, I am wondering how good/bad they could be once I bought the car if they are already so indifferent.

Any opinions on Whitefield Honda?
Old 20th December 2007, 14:05   #2
BHPian

My experience was the opposite. Whitefield honda's response was lukewarm and not forthcoming. Infact the AutoTerrace (Honda's trade in division) guys were arrogant had even had the audacity to quote a dismally low value for my trade in car.

Eventually I bought my NHC from Dakshin. My experience was good and uneventful. I find the post-sales service levels good. The sales person I dealt with was Ms Shipa.

Particular to the CVT, somewhere in this forum I read that there is no stock available and new stock is expected in Jan/Feb 2008. This could be the reason for the cold response.
Old 25th January 2008, 18:47   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabjarus View Post
My experience was the opposite. Whitefield honda's response was lukewarm and not forthcoming. Infact the AutoTerrace (Honda's trade in division) guys were arrogant had even had the audacity to quote a dismally low value for my trade in car.

Eventually I bought my NHC from Dakshin. My experience was good and uneventful. I find the post-sales service levels good. The sales person I dealt with was Ms Shipa.

Particular to the CVT, somewhere in this forum I read that there is no stock available and new stock is expected in Jan/Feb 2008. This could be the reason for the cold response.

Hi alabjarus,
How is the City VTEC performing? Do you recommend the City VTEC or the CIVIC 1.8S? I am in a dilemma on this. A common complaint with all Indian Civic owners is the low ground clearance. Is there a difference compared to City?
Old 28th January 2008, 23:09   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omatunto View Post
Hi alabjarus,
How is the City VTEC performing? Do you recommend the City VTEC or the CIVIC 1.8S? I am in a dilemma on this. A common complaint with all Indian Civic owners is the low ground clearance. Is there a difference compared to City?

Well there are threads available for both of these topics. Please do a search. I found Whitefield Honda better.

You cannot compare the City & the Civic. They are two different segments.

Here are some threads....

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ivic-1-8s.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...12-13-lac.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...a-verna-d.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ar-market.html

and

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...nce-civic.html
Old 3rd July 2009, 17:48   #5
Senior - BHPian

Just got an SMS that Dakshin Honda service is open on Sundays too - 9 to 5.
Old 25th May 2014, 10:44   #6
Geo
BHPian

Re: Which dealer for Honda in Bangalore- Dakshin or Whitefield Honda

Any owner feedback about Bangalore Honda dealers at the moment? Any particular feedback about Dakshin Honda, Lavelle Road? Is any other dealer considerably better?
Old 25th May 2014, 11:10   #7
Senior - BHPian

Dakshin Honda is useless ! I have mentioned this umpteen times earlier. I drive 360 kms to Mangalore to service my car. Guess that is enough to say how great they are.

Have serviced once at Magnum Honda , don't think they are any better.

Sent from my mobile phone , please excuse typos
Old 25th May 2014, 19:09   #8
Geo
BHPian

Horrible state of affairs... Yea, I have seen yours and other's reviews about Honda service centers in Bangalore. Have seen horror stories about most of them and I am confused now. I haven't seen consistent good feedback about any one dealer. Are you from Mangalore? Driving all the way there for each service may not work out for me. Are there any good authorized service centers around Bangalore, which is reliable? They might have a huge volume of customers within the city. But if they have a showroom in the outskirts, chances are that it might offer better service.

Dakshin says they are coming up with a new service center near Brigade road. But I can predict it will be really crowded and we can't expect much from them.
Old 26th May 2014, 08:52   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Horrible state of affairs... Yea, I have seen yours and other's reviews about Honda service centers in Bangalore. Have seen horror stories about most of them and I am confused now. I haven't seen consistent good feedback about any one dealer. Are you from Mangalore? Driving all the way there for each service may not work out for me. Are there any good authorized service centers around Bangalore, which is reliable? They might have a huge volume of customers within the city. But if they have a showroom in the outskirts, chances are that it might offer better service.

Dakshin says they are coming up with a new service center near Brigade road. But I can predict it will be really crowded and we can't expect much from them.

Yes we are from mangalore and keep driving atleast twice in a month. If you are from Bangalore , you have no option but to go for these service centers.

Sent from my mobile phone , please excuse typos
Old 30th May 2014, 20:57   #10
Geo
BHPian

I finally decided to go with Dakshin and booked the car. Does anybody have any suggestions about good accessories and other things to be done on the new Honda city, please do share.
Old 6th June 2016, 12:06   #11
BHPian

I know this is an old thread but a Friend needs to service her 1 year old City in Whitfield Bangalore, and I could not find any other active discussion on the forum.

Please recommend the least evil Honda Service station in/around Whitefield and merge this thread if there is a similar discussion brewing on another thread.
Old 25th June 2016, 13:00   #12
BHPian

None are there at least in Bangalore. You will find greater evil in all Honda service stations. Its only a matter of which evil effects can you live with.

As a second thoughts, not servicing the car at Honda A$$ will be better, this is now being recommended by the service advisors in Dakshin Honda.
Old 24th January 2017, 12:52   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Any owner feedback about Bangalore Honda dealers at the moment? Any particular feedback about Dakshin Honda, Lavelle Road? Is any other dealer considerably better?
2 days ago I noticed a new Honda car dealership called Sapphire Honda on ORR in southeast Bangalore (opp Cessna Business Park).

Looked new. Perhaps their first foray into car dealership? Anyone has any insight into this? They seem to have their workshop nearby on Panathur Rd.
Old 11th February 2017, 21:57   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
2 days ago I noticed a new Honda car dealership called Sapphire Honda on ORR in southeast Bangalore (opp Cessna Business Park).

Looked new. Perhaps their first foray into car dealership? Anyone has any insight into this? They seem to have their workshop nearby on Panathur Rd.
Hi vharihar,

Visited this place a week after they opened, towards the end of December'16.

SA was new and he just followed what is mentioned in the service manual (no Add-on's were thrown at me).Took my BLUSH for her 40K periodic service and got the job done,can't comment on the expertise of the technicians as it was just a regular service for me. Saw only few cars that too on a weekend, maybe early days for them.

And a box of chocolates at the time of service delivery !
Scorpion 10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 15:12   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion 10 View Post
Hi vharihar,

Visited this place a week after they opened, towards the end of December'16.

SA was new and he just followed what is mentioned in the service manual (no Add-on's were thrown at me).Took my BLUSH for her 40K periodic service and got the job done,can't comment on the expertise of the technicians as it was just a regular service for me. Saw only few cars that too on a weekend, maybe early days for them.

And a box of chocolates at the time of service delivery !
I bought my City from Sapphire Honda. Experience was good. Still waiting for the first service in the next couple of weeks. Let's see how the service experience is.
Altocumulus is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks