Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2008, 01:02   #16
BANNED

Is there any way you can drive upto Calicut. I can arrange somebody to specially check the vehicle for you at Amana.

As said by everybody here, it's a very very rare scenario. There has been some complaints but this one takes the cake. You have to push an email to Toyota stating exactly what has gone thru till today after the purchase of the vehicle. Names, dates and receipt numbers will help too.

But first of all, drive another Innova. Feel it. Maybe rest is all in the mind.
Old 8th August 2008, 09:18   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Is there any way you can drive upto Calicut. I can arrange somebody to specially check the vehicle for you at Amana.

As said by everybody here, it's a very very rare scenario. There has been some complaints but this one takes the cake. You have to push an email to Toyota stating exactly what has gone thru till today after the purchase of the vehicle. Names, dates and receipt numbers will help too.

But first of all, drive another Innova. Feel it. Maybe rest is all in the mind.
Muneer i thnk its worth the drive if zak could arrange for a good checkup. IN the mean while
1. Check all four tyre pressure and maintain it around 30 psi
2. Drive another Innova. Ask the dealers for a test drive. Drive it on the same roads and see if you can really feel the dfference.
3. Ensure that you dont piss them off since they are the only option available or you anywhere closeby. This is the most difficult part!!
Old 8th August 2008, 09:34   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
. . .IN the mean while
. . . Ensure that you dont piss them off since they are the only option available or you anywhere closeby. This is the most difficult part!!
I personally can vouch for this. Whenever I had problems with my cars, and I felt the garage was not attending properly, used to fly into a rage and insult the mechanics and supervisors.
Then I attended a seminar, one of the topics was how to get your point across without losing your head.
I now try to stay as courteous and smiling as possible, coaxing the staff to look further for a solution if they get stuck, speaking almost paternally to them, and you know - it works!

This is in no way to imply you haven't done so already, or that the dealer is not at fault, just a way of getting your work done without raising your own b.p.
Old 8th August 2008, 10:25   #19

Hi,

Fortunately i never got into such a tone with the service guys.Planning to find a good workshop and to get it checked thoroughly.

Since I am in Trivandrum,and I cant afford to take a few days leave,I cant bring it to Calicut.
Old 18th August 2008, 15:52   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbmuneer View Post
Pls advice me on this and what can be done to improve the ride…
Pl. document all issues and give the same to General Manager at the dealer asking them to resolve it as the bottom line, also inform Toyota Customer care about this simultaneously.

Just to mention, on 15-august morning my G-3 refused to start, called up dealer landline but being a 15 august no one answered, after that i located the toyota company customer care number and called up the same and offcourse no one answered, then finally found out the Dealer's GM's mobile number who was very polite and helped me identify the problem based on the symptoms (battery was the culprit) and he also gave me their number for 24x7 break-down fascility, which I tried and were willing to help me out, but since the problem was identified so let the matter rest till next day and had the battery replaced later.

surprise surprise.. on 16-August I get a call Toyota Chennai, the lady appologised for not being able to answer the call on 15-August saying that the office was closed that day and asked me the purpose of my call, on telling her my story she asked me if I needed any further help and if she could ask the dealer to furher help me. which offcourse I did not need

overall the expereince was very heart warming, everyone was willing to help me out(that's toyota for me), this is something that I have never experinced so far with the dealers or the companies here, as most of them have a "care a damn attitude"

so I was suggest that pl. take up the issues in the right way with the right people and I am sure you will come out smiling

hope this helps
Old 30th October 2008, 23:33   #21
BHPian

Did u sort out the problems with the vehicle ? if not contact the GM-Service Immediately His Name is Noble Jacob his number is 9895386005.

And if that doesn't work out Call Mr.Jayraj he is the Ultimate Word at Nippon Toyota.

Toyota Numbers Are Available on line
Old 31st October 2008, 00:07   #22
BANNED

Surprised to hear about an Innova in such taste.

You must be lucky enough to have courteous service centre, give them time i feel they'll take care of your trouble.

As per everyones word. "DRIVE ANOTHER INNOVA NOW" on the same roads and judge.

Maybe the roads you are driving actually meant for an off-roader than a soft roader like Innova.
Old 31st October 2008, 00:10   #23
Senior - BHPian

No prob in our vehicle except the gear lever vibration, which i guess is a prob with all Innovas.

Shan2nu

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks