Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2010, 00:39   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
It is the official website price that you should stick to. I recommend checking with other Mahindra dealers on the pricing too. Your salesman seems to be making one story too many.

BTW did Mahindra get back to you?
Thanks for your response GTO.

Initially, I got response from Mahindra only to ask my mobile number to talk to me. Later, on phone Mahindra person told me that it is due to octroi. With his explanation, still there was difference of around 10K in dealer and web site price for which he replied that web site price is not correct and he is going to get it updated.

overall summary as below -

Today, Global Gallarie sales person told me that he can offer me some discount on insurance. So, that equals to around 27K. Also, he confirmed that I will get RTO receivepts for exact amount shown above. But initial 10K difference is still there and he doesnt want to talk about it. Also, there is no reply from Mahindra as well. Mahindra's hesitation to reply/clarify by mail (in writing) is adding to the doubt. I am also planning to give my M800 in exchange of Scorpio for which Global Gallarie valuation going to max 80K. I dont mind selling it at this price but need to get Scorpio price difference clarified first.
I will send a reminder to Mahindra and wait.
Old 26th January 2010, 22:23   #17
BHPian

I received below clarification from Mahindra about price difference -

I dont know why but I am not fully convinced. Because, Mahindra website was updated with 2010 prices with introduction of HE (High End) version and new look just previous day of me sending them mail with my query.

Somehow, I cant stop myself thinking about a tbhp Xylo owner reported that he was charged around 14K extra by the dealer and the reason given was transportation cost. - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1590013

Anyway, I hope Mahindra being honest and will update web site soon.
Old 28th January 2010, 13:17   #18
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Even I had faced this issue in the price difference between the dealer quote and website prices when I was negotiating for Ford Fiesta with Wasan Ford, Thane. There was a difference of about Rs 32K between the base price in Ford website and Dealer quote which included the Octroi charges also. When I confronted the dealer I was told that difference amount was charged to the customer to cover the showroom expenses.. Also the Octroi charges quoted was 5% which in actual was 4.5% (visited the TMC octroi dept to get the value). What I did was took a screenshot of the vehicle price ex-octroi, added 4.5% to the value and told the dealer the amount which I will be paying. Surprisingly they agreed to the value. Same fight I had put for the registration charges which is 7% of the invoice value. Again the dealer agreed to it. Which means that these guys just look out for those with no knowledge of critical things like Octroi, regsitration charges etc and make money out their ignorance.
I gave a final blow to the dealer when I opted for paying the insurance myself where again i saved 6K. In total I saved over 56K of my hard earned money.
You have to be extra careful with such dealers coz the monel you would be paying would be your hard earned one not something given to you on a platter free. Keep all proofs handy when U go for the final negotiations. When the dealer realizes that you cannot be taken for a ride, he will come down to your prices.
ALL THE BEST
Old 28th January 2010, 13:48   #19
Senior - BHPian

I am facing the same issue with Scorp AT 4x4. I got a price quote yesterday and I told the sales person about 10K difference in ex-showroom price. He talked to his account person who told me that the ex-showroom price on the website does not include transportation and other levy and hence the difference.

I am getting the pricing from other dealers and find out if they all have the same ex-showroom price and am also writing to Mahindra to confirm.
Old 28th January 2010, 23:14   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Guys,

Also the Octroi charges quoted was 5% which in actual was 4.5% (visited the TMC octroi dept to get the value). What I did was took a screenshot of the vehicle price ex-octroi, added 4.5% to the value and told the dealer the amount which I will be paying. Surprisingly they agreed to the value. Same fight I had put for the registration charges which is 7% of the invoice value. Again the dealer agreed to it.
Octroi charges 4.5% - is it valid for Scorpio as well? Can you pls share address for TMC octroi dept?

Registration charges - 7% - Valid for Scorpio? Where can I verify this?

Thanks for your help.
Old 29th January 2010, 17:03   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
I am facing the same issue with Scorp AT 4x4. I got a price quote yesterday and I told the sales person about 10K difference in ex-showroom price. He talked to his account person who told me that the ex-showroom price on the website does not include transportation and other levy and hence the difference.

I am getting the pricing from other dealers and find out if they all have the same ex-showroom price and am also writing to Mahindra to confirm.
Following up on my post yesterday. I wrote an e-mail to Mahindra customer care late last night and today morning I got a call from dealer that they will go with the price listed on the website. Phew!! Thanks to Mahindra customer care for sorting this out.
Old 17th September 2015, 07:52   #22
BHPian

Re: Difference between the dealer price and the manufacturer website price (ex-showroom)?

VW doesn't even list the ex-showroom prices on their website. I sent them a tweet but they asked me to call customer care. Why?

How do I know for sure that the dealer price sheet is not inflated?

Skoda has ex-showroom prices listed then why not VW, I just don;t get it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks