Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2008, 06:29   #1
BHPian

Difference between the dealer price and the manufacturer website price (ex-showroom)?

I'm planning to get i10 AT Asta for my wife. I got quotes from two Hyundai
dealerships here in LKO. I was surprised to find out that the ex-showroom
price quoted by them is about 15K more than what is given on hyundai i10
web-site for Lucknow for this model.

Dealer says this is "logistics cost" and is normal for all the cars. This will be my
fifth car but I have never found this difference in the past.

Is this difference genuine ? What fellow t-bhpians experience has been regarding this.

Thanks
Old 8th August 2008, 10:55   #2
Senior - BHPian

Try getting the price from some other dealer. This is not normal and we have not faced this problem ( Maruti ).
Old 8th August 2008, 11:48   #3
BHPian

There are two dealers here in LKO and both quote the exact same inflated price. :-(
Old 8th August 2008, 14:09   #4
BHPian

Have you tried to contact the website and ask them why? Maybe the website is not being updated properly.
Old 8th August 2008, 14:28   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srijit View Post
Have you tried to contact the website and ask them why? Maybe the website is not being updated properly.
That could be one reason or the 2 dealers have formed a nexus. Write to Hyundai & get this clarified. Why should you pay 15k more when you can spend that on ICE.
Old 8th August 2008, 16:19   #6
Senior - BHPian

I had a similar problem when the dealer in Moradabad quoted me a price 7k higher than what was available in Delhi. Since Delhi is pretty near to me, I bought the car from Delhi & saved 7k.
Old 8th August 2008, 16:47   #7
Senior - BHPian

Write a mail to Hyundai regarding this matter.

OR

Speak to the Dealer and ask him what are the discounts you will be getting if the offer is good go with these guys are look for the vehicle from other nearby city
Old 8th August 2008, 16:56   #8
Senior - BHPian

No. Do not heed to their request. Contact hyundai and tell them about this. This may teach the dealers some lesson. Charging 15K extra is not ok and that to for logistics?
Old 8th August 2008, 17:12   #9
Team-BHP Support

Are the charges for providing logistics not already covered in the ex-showroom price.

This is like the shop keepers in Madhapur/Kondapur charging 1 Re extra for milk and soft drinks over and above the mrp as refrigeration charges.
Old 8th August 2008, 18:45   #10
BHPian

Thanks folks for all your replies.
So this indeed does not seems to be a genuine charge.

The amount itself is not an issue but I do not want to look like a bakra
and be cheated for an unfair Re 1/- also.

Anyway, I'll follow this up with Hyundai and keep the forum updated.
Thanks
Old 14th August 2008, 02:24   #11
BHPian

Sent an email to Hyundai. Got an automated response that someone will follow up but nothing as yet.

Anyway got introduced to the owner of the dealership through my Bank as a premier customer. Got promised that the final deal would be a good one. Do not know the final quote as yet though got a loan sanctioned already and have DD's ready.

I have booked i10 Asta AT as ABS was a MUST requirement. Got a lot of unnecessary stuff as well along with that :-(. The delivery I'm told will be within three weeks (the time it takes for Chennai to LKO transportation + buffer) as the dealer never stocks any AT here.
Old 17th January 2010, 18:12   #12
BHPian

So, what happened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropy View Post
Sent an email to Hyundai. Got an automated response that someone will follow up but nothing as yet.

Anyway got introduced to the owner of the dealership through my Bank as a premier customer. Got promised that the final deal would be a good one. Do not know the final quote as yet though got a loan sanctioned already and have DD's ready.

I have booked i10 Asta AT as ABS was a MUST requirement. Got a lot of unnecessary stuff as well along with that :-(. The delivery I'm told will be within three weeks (the time it takes for Chennai to LKO transportation + buffer) as the dealer never stocks any AT here.
So, what happened?
You didnt know the actual price and you had DD's ready for the dealer?
I am getting Rs.60K difference in website and dealer for Scorpio SLE.
Wrote to Mahindra Customer Care and waiting for reply.
Old 17th January 2010, 19:10   #13
BHPian

Well its been more than a year since my last post.

Of course, the difference had no-ground and after I wrote to Hyundai I got a call directly from the dealer that the difference was for insurance . I also got several freebies and a discount of about 10K if I remember correctly.
Old 21st January 2010, 00:16   #14
BHPian

Difference between Mahindra website and dealer price for Scorpio

Hi All,

Since long time I am looking to buy Scorpio and seems it will happen soon.
Just started today with a phone call to Global Gallarie in Thane to get price details.

1. To my surprise, price difference between Mahindra web site and dealer is huge (i.e.around 60K). I asked the sales person about this and as per his explanation,
Mahindra website is not updated and this is High End model price. I explained him that recently Mahindra has updated their pricing display and I am referring to HE
model only. But then he started to tell me other stuff like we are number one dealer in India and we along with Mahindra, decide pricing for Scorpio etc. So, I went on
to second query.

2. There are no discounts, freebies, offers available on Scorpio at Global Gallarie. As per him, Scorpio is selling very well and they are not offering anything. Now
it is no more secret that Scorpio is favourite vehicle for many and selling well. But still it has segment competition and Mahindra dealer competition as well. I
believe, I will be able to get some (dealer/finance/corporate) discount once I finalise the dealer.

3. He told me that delivery will be within a week and I have to pay some booking amount to start with and pay full amount soon. Once full amount is paid, they will
inform Mahindra to start delivery and vehicle will be made available within a week. I was again surprised and asked him how would you expect a customer to pay full 11
Lacs upfront even before vehicle leaves from Mahindra factory? I will pay some booking amount and will not make remaining payment until I get vehicle to inspect and
only after my satisfaction, it goes for registration. He immediately agreed. So, why to say this insane stuff (to make full payment and then vehicle leaves from
Mahindra) to a probable buyer? Just to check if buyer agrees and take full payment even without initiating delivery?

4. While checking for finance, he told me that Mahindra Finance is offering 8.75 fixed rate for tenure loan and there are no pre-closure charges. Also, I can make part
prepayment with negligible charge (0.2%). After checking Canara (8.5% - 12 months, 9.5% - 13-36 months, 10% - 37-60 months, 10.5% 61-84 months) and SBI (some 11% flat)
seems Mahindra finance offer good. But need to get all details.

5. I sent a mail to Mahindra Customer Care about the price difference between Mahindra website and this dealer and later, received mail from customer care personnel
asking for my contact number to explain it (??). But I replied and requested to reply by mail as I am getting too busy to talk during daytime currently. Today I
received reply that price quoted by the dealer is correct and additional amount is towards local octroi. I have asked for more details. As far as I know, Thane octroi
should be around 4.5%. Still there is a difference of 20K in dealer and website price.

Will wait for update from Mahindra about pricing and will update this thread.

Meanwhile, request you all to provide more info/guidance about this. Thanks for your help.
Old 25th January 2010, 16:23   #15
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amk_2009 View Post
To my surprise, price difference between Mahindra web site and dealer is huge (i.e.around 60K).
It is the official website price that you should stick to. I recommend checking with other Mahindra dealers on the pricing too. Your salesman seems to be making one story too many.

BTW did Mahindra get back to you?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks