Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2008, 12:38   #16

Recorded meeting is a great idea, I have a meeting today/tomorrow with my lawyer and I will make sure to bring this point up.

This all has been very tiring mentally. Thanks to you all for giving me constant encouragement
Old 16th August 2008, 16:47   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by down_n_out View Post
Recorded meeting is a great idea, I have a meeting today/tomorrow with my lawyer and I will make sure to bring this point up.

This all has been very tiring mentally. Thanks to you all for giving me constant encouragement
Wouldn't a sting work better? They may turn down the idea of a meeting if you tell them in advance. Also, they can say anything on camera (which was perhaps never said before... including things you may not be prepared for) and may catch you unaware... and they can lawfully use the video as evidence in courts against you! So be cautious, your lawyer should be the best judge here.

Be aware you are pitted against a global legal machinery of Honda. Their reputation would be important.

So in case you decide to record, you need to be firm, yet polite, and wait for them to fumble!

My two cents. All the best!
Cheers
Old 16th August 2008, 18:38   #18

which honda dealership have u bought the car from??
Old 17th August 2008, 00:14   #19

Ring Road Honda Janpath
Old 18th August 2008, 20:36   #20

I spoke with my lawyer who has suggested not to record the meeting. If there are irrational reasonings, I have to respond accordingly.

I called today to get an update for the time and venue of meeting. I was informed that the Area Manager with whom the meeting is scheduled is out sick and has had to go through a minor operation. The meeting would be rescheduled and I will be given an update within next 48 hours.
Old 19th August 2008, 19:13   #21
Senior - BHPian

The one BIG PLUS on your side is that you have communicated all greviances etc thru email. Now THAT is admissible as evidence in case you need to go for legal recourse.

All the best.
Old 20th August 2008, 13:32   #22
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I can understand that a handful of cars in a 1000 will end up as lemons. What shocks me is Honda's absolute lack of response in such cases. Mercedes bailed me out, and so did Ford own up to their car in Mad Monkeys case. Honda's poor customer service is shocking in such cases.

You have already gotten an engine replaced in a brand new car. Fair enough, though I would have pushed for replacement right there itself. Now, you have other issues cropping up which hints toward a lemon and nothing else. I suggest you read the lemon article and proceed with legal action. Even a handful of us who don't take this rubbish lying down will go a long way in making manufacturers take better care of their customers.

Shame on you, Honda!
Old 22nd August 2008, 13:16   #23

The meeting is on Tuesday at Moti Nagar Service stations where GM Service RRHonda, Area Manager Honda and I would be present. I plan to keep it straight and simple. If it doesnt go according to plan (which I am almost certain it wont), I will serve a notice within the next two days. What happens tuesday onwards is going to be completely Honda's responsibility.

BTW:- I read this article and it gives me alot of confidence. I will wait for 5-7 yrs for a verdict if that is how it has to be. But it pleases me that we as consumers are not taking things lying down.

Consumer panel asks General Motors to pay up for faulty car - Express India
Old 22nd August 2008, 15:09   #24
Team-BHP Support

Please do ask for some identification. Read somewhere on the forum that GM showroom guys reported as GM personnel to solve a similar problem.

All the best.
Old 25th August 2008, 21:15   #25
BHPian

Quote:
What followed has been my worst nightmare. 4 months later, the dashboard started vibrating & making noise. I took it twice to the service station where it got fixed.

1.5 weeks back, the clutch of the car started making noise. (it has only been driven for 6K). This really got me irritated and I demanded a meeting between myself, Honda MR and the Dealer. All I am asking for is a one time resolution as I have no confidence left in the car.
My civic's dashboard has been making noise since day one. The clutch also started making noise 2-3 months down the line. I now realise I was not the only one. I'm going to take a nasty stance with the dealer now.
Old 25th August 2008, 23:22   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentsmith2 View Post
My civic's dashboard has been making noise since day one. The clutch also started making noise 2-3 months down the line. I now realise I was not the only one. I'm going to take a nasty stance with the dealer now.
Which batch your car is from? I mean the manufacturing date
Old 26th August 2008, 16:45   #27
BHPian

Its high time Honda does something regarding their sales policy and especially the after sales.

i personally know soo many people who are having trouble and now even on this forum there are quite a few now?

I think its time people think twice or thrice before getting a HONDA
Old 26th August 2008, 19:59   #28
BHPian

Quote:
The meeting is on Tuesday at Moti Nagar Service stations where GM Service RRHonda, Area Manager Honda and I would be present. I plan to keep it straight and simple. If it doesnt go according to plan (which I am almost certain it wont), I will serve a notice within the next two days. What happens tuesday onwards is going to be completely Honda's responsibility.

BTW:- I read this article and it gives me alot of confidence. I will wait for 5-7 yrs for a verdict if that is how it has to be. But it pleases me that we as consumers are not taking things lying down.

Consumer panel asks General Motors to pay up for faulty car - Express India
Hey,
Is the meeting held as planned? Please update us the outcome.
Old 27th August 2008, 12:28   #29

Hopefully there will be an outcome today (good or bad), I will post as soon as I have something concrete.
Old 28th August 2008, 19:10   #30

The meeting happened between Ring Road Honda Representative, Honda Siel Car representative and myself. I will not discuss any names below. After several arguments about me stating that the car needs to be replaced and Honda stating that the car is in perfect condition, there were two options discussed in the meeting

1) Honda takes the car in for 2 days to inspect, gives it back to me with the following things:-
  • Extended 2 years warranty
  • Letter stating that if there are any issues within the car in the next 6 months, Honda will replace it. The main clause would be it will not include “normal wear & tear”.
2) Honda sells my car within its own chain, and I pay the minimal amount of differential between the value of my depreciated car and the new car.

Option 1

If I would have stressed more, they would have increased the timeframe. But my biggest concern with this option was their perception of normal wear and tear. According to them, the clutch assembly which was replaced normally falls in "normal wear and tear". But they replaced this under warranty because I am their "prized" customer. So it just meant waiting for the inevitable for few months and going through the same chain again.

Option 2
We thought to consider this option and get through the pain once and for all. But we knew it wont be that straight forward. This is exactly how it turned out to be. Below is the sequence of events

1) To my surprise, instead of getting a follow-up from Ring Road Honda (the dealer whom I purchased the car from) I got calls from Southend Honda. I called the Honda Siel car representative who explained that their evaluation within Honda was the best. But still to my surprise, I didn’t know why Honda wanted me to negotiate price with them 1st hand instead of Honda doing it at their level.
2) The most shocking part of the discussion was the fact that according to Sounthend Honda, they were not informed about the car’s history and were informed that I am planning to upgrade my car and hence want to sell my Civic.
3) The evaluation which they made was of Rs 875000 to 900000 (which made the differential cost between my car and a newer car at Rs 410000). This is for a car which is 8 months old and less then 7000 KM driven.( On top of that, Honda were supposedly being helpful in finding a solution for me ). I called the Honda Siel Representative and told him that this is a hopeless evaluation. He informed me that one of the reasons is because the insurance has already lapsed. I informed him that either he does not have the correct information or has not been given from other people. Finally, I said there is no point discussing. At best, I will pay up to Rs 65,000 for the car (which is pretty much the difference the cost of Honda Civic I purchased and the current cost.) If this cannot be done, I will have no other option but to move to consumer court and ask for a replacement car and compensation. He said he will call me on Monday at 12:00 P.M and let me know.

I will be spending the weekend with my lawyer (altough I would really appriciate if someone can redirect me to a lawyer based out of Delhi and has experience with such cases, I am not too fond of mine ). This is Honda India for us.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks