Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2008, 13:27   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by down_n_out View Post
...He said our manufacturing processes are very strong and that no other manufacturer does it.
Hey, this post should be in the 'Jokes' section and not here!

But seriously, we are just
Old 4th September 2008, 16:04   #47
BHPian

They do a trial and error on parts .

If when replaced the fault is detected then they ask us to replace that whole part and if we ask them what is wrong with that paticular part then they have no answer all they say to me is the following

'WE TOOK THE PART FROM OUR DEMO CAR AND TRIED IT ON YOURS AND IT WORKS FINE SO YOU SHOULD CHANGE THAT WHOLE PART'

Its real comedy TRUST ME]
Old 4th September 2008, 20:13   #48
BHPian

Quote:
There was one thing which he mentioned that has stuck in my mind. He said that Honda does not do any quality testing after manufacturing and before delivery of a vehicle. When I asked him why not, he again gave me a stupid answer. He said our manufacturing processes are very strong and that no other manufacturer does it.

Ohhh. Then all Honda vehicles are airlifted right from the assembly line and dropped it on head of customer. They dont even start the engine / or switch on any light and check its glowing or not. Dear Honda officer, You should understand that you cant sell all craps with everyone. Be real dude...

NASA is operating at 14 Zigma ( where normal consumer manufacturer will aim at only 6 Zigma). Even with that level of precision NASA parts undergoes atleast 100 checks ( which includes more than 1000 test cases). So may be Honda operating at > 14 Zigma. even God cant be that precise.
Old 4th September 2008, 22:18   #49
Senior - BHPian

This is a civic thread, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujithnk View Post
I have been having so much trouble with my accord .
I spent atleast 5.5 L in last one year and trust me at one point i was going mad that i decided to change to BMW .
How old was the car? and distance on the odo? And how much is 5.5 as a percentage of the OTR?

(Did I drive you round the bend?)

Last edited by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR : 4th September 2008 at 22:19.
Old 5th September 2008, 00:16   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
This is a civic thread, but...

How old was the car? and distance on the odo? And how much is 5.5 as a percentage of the OTR?

(Did I drive you round the bend?)
The car was 4 years old and did almost 70000 Kms .
initially the car was shivering at a speed of 100 plus and no issues at speeds less than 100. they said it was drive shaft problems and when i asked them what was wrong with drive shaft they dint know . all they said was when they put the demo car drive shaft it was working fine . spent 85000/- for drive shaft.

almost within a month AC stopped working and they said i have to change compressor . asked why and they said the same as above. there i spent another 25000/-

within a week hot air started coming and i took back the vehicle and asked them what the issue was and they said some valve connecting compressor to the vent is gone bad which would cost me another 20000/- . Again had no go especially because even the top management said the compressor was working fine and it wasn't their problem .

within another week it stopped working again and i was wondering what they would say now and guess what they told me the relay that controls AC went bad . Changed that too.

This is just the AC side.

I had issues with my
1. Engine (Block and piston sets broke and spent 3.5 L)
2. Display screen (20000/-)
3. Power windows (8000/-)
4. Lower arms (15000/-)

ETC ETC

All in space of one year .
Car was maintained in brilliant condition and I never use to rip it even though i did rip it initially .

all this happened in space of last 8 months

Last edited by sujithnk : 5th September 2008 at 00:17.
Old 10th September 2008, 12:03   #51
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for the necro, but doesn't insurance cover such costs? If not, these are surely caused by manufacturing defects and therefore should be changed under warranty...
Old 16th September 2008, 18:58   #52
BHPian

Any update here? where is everybody gone? Did some big honda guy cover this up?
Old 16th September 2008, 18:59   #53
Senior - BHPian

Oh we wish.

They don't give a rat's behind about their customers.
Old 23rd February 2010, 01:41   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The meeting was hopeless. I did not expect it to go through nicely, but Honda Regional Head's unprofessional behavior was pathetic. The guy out rightly said that the car is fine and that my hearing sensitivity is very high and I would have made special efforts to hear those.

He also added that if Honda started replacing cars for the issues I faced, they will end up replacing almost all the cars. After listening to this, we just walked out of the room.

It was my biggest mistake to buy a Honda and I will regret it. But this meeting made me stronger. The least I can and will do is take a legal action, and I will make sure that is done within a week.
down_n_out I discovered this thread a few minutes ago, What is the status of your seemingly uphill task. Maybe the recent spate of recalls has taught the Honda guys a thing or two about quality checks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks