Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2008, 23:51   #16
Senior - BHPian

Nemo, I second you. Went to Lathangi this evening to do a general checkup of the car and renew the insurance. My experience was far from pleasant.

My regular service is due at the end of this month. But, since I am planning a long trip this weekend, I called up Lathangi and asked for a general checkup. The lady who answered my call refused any appointment this weekend, and asked me to talk to her manager Mr. Viswanath. Called him up, and he asked me to bring the vehicle anytime today before 6. So far so good.

Meanwhile, I have been getting multiple calls from lathangi for the insurance renewal over the past week. A girl from lathangi spoke to me yesterday Ifko-Tokyo insurance and was asking me my vehicle value, its depreciated value and all to calculate the premium. So much for her knowledge that she was in fact ready to fix my vehicle value at 5 lakh (The new ikon costs less). I told her about my service appointment and agreed to meet with her as well.

Went to Lathangi at 4 pm today. As, Nemo has written earlier, the service area is cramped. As against Cauvery, there is no proper place to park your car. A security guard asked me to park the vehicle in the by-lane itself and go and meet the service adviser.

Asked the receptionist for Mr Viswanath. She called someone, talked something in Kannada, asked me to wait and walked outside. Note that there is no place for the customer to sit in the reception area (the customer longue is somewhere in the first floor). After waiting for 10 min, asked another lady about the service manager. She too called someone and told me that he'd come in another 2 min. 5 min and no sign of Viswanath. So, I called him up from my mobile myself and he said he is on his way. A minute later another service adviser standing there calls for me and arranges for the checkup (Guess Viswanath called him). But, he hardly listens to me and is busy running here and there. He just asked some service boy to check the vehicle and disappeared.

The check up (or whatever it was) done, I go back to the reception and ask for the insurance renewal. Turns out, the only person in lathangi who deals with insurance (the girl who had spoken to me multiple times last week and agreed to meet me today) is not in. The receptionist talks to the girl and assures me that they'll send their executive to collect the cheque (Whoever told them that I'd renew the insurance through them????)

Btw, still no sign of Viswanath.

Wanted to purchace System G, but the accessory guy tells me... well! I'll make that into a seperate thread. Want everyone to read that story.

I will seriously re-consider my decision to take my car there for the next service next month. What other choice do I have? Metro?

- Jag

PS: My Car is still under warranty and have to rely on A.S.S.
Old 7th September 2008, 01:41   #17
Senior - BHPian

Surprised to see so many bad reviews of lathangi. When they were selling mitsubishi, their service was really very good with no scope for complaints.
Old 7th September 2008, 10:56   #18
Team-BHP Support

Ramesh, which is the insurance company you plan on going forward with? I am sticking with Bajaj Allianz, and they had someone come to my home at my convenience and collect the cheque. Let me know if you want the details. I was told i would get the insurance document in about 10-12 days. Between, do you have the insurance renewal notice with you? Would make things really easy.

Since i havent been to Lathangi so far, cant really comment on their setup. I just wish i dont begin to miss Cauvery big time. As for System G, like the others mentioned, better to procure it from outside.
Old 7th September 2008, 15:17   #19
Senior - BHPian

I too am thinking to stick with Bajaj Allianz and I do have the renewal notice from them with me. Just wanted to explore other options as these guys from lathangi are calling me every other day.
Old 7th September 2008, 18:31   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar

Wanted to purchase System G, but the accessory guy tells me... well! I'll make that into a separate thread. Want everyone to read that story.
Jag, Interesting you mentioned about System G, i too had had a conversation (actually tried) to the service assistant on this and the guy responded in monosyllables and finally (perhaps to get rid of me) concluded it's not worth.
Old 7th September 2008, 18:43   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
I too am thinking to stick with Bajaj Allianz and I do have the renewal notice from them with me. Just wanted to explore other options as these guys from lathangi are calling me every other day.
here's a suggestion: find an axis bank branch convenient to you. go in with your old policy and RC book. they'll make you fill a form, take a xerox, take the fee and they'll have it ready for you. pretty convenient. any vehicle even bikes.
Old 7th September 2008, 20:32   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver_shadow View Post
here's a suggestion: find an axis bank branch convenient to you. go in with your old policy and RC book. they'll make you fill a form, take a xerox, take the fee and they'll have it ready for you. pretty convenient. any vehicle even bikes.
Tell me whats the difference between this, and the way any normal insurance company works? If the protagonist has the time to make it to the insurance company's office it would work out the very same way, leaving aside the need for the RC book, ofcourse.
Old 12th September 2008, 21:36   #23
BHPian

ben the difference is IF the axis bank branch is closer to your house which is more likely for most of us rather than the insurance office at least that's the way it is for me in HSR layout.
Old 12th September 2008, 21:43   #24
BHPian

Why are you folks discussing about insurance on this thread about Ford Service?
Old 26th October 2010, 13:26   #25
BHPian

Guys,

This thread is 2 years old but would be helpful if we can list the Ford service centres in Bangalore and the quality of service they offer for vehicles with/ without warranty.

Or suggestion for any independent service centre is also welcome

Last edited by arunkumars : 26th October 2010 at 13:28. Reason: Added text
Old 26th October 2010, 13:41   #26
Team-BHP Support

I have been with Metro for the last 5+ years (The place where I bought the car) and not any thing to complain about. They call, remind and also they send drivers to pick-up as well. Overall satisfied. Car also gets cleaned well.

I always opt for the "3M cleaning" for which they charge something in the range of 1000-1500, but I find it really worthy.
Old 26th October 2010, 13:46   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I have been with Metro for the last 5+ years (The place where I bought the car) and not any thing to complain about. They call, remind and also they send drivers to pick-up as well. Overall satisfied. Car also gets cleaned well.

I always opt for the "3M cleaning" for which they charge something in the range of 1000-1500, but I find it really worthy.
Make that a double

+1 to that. The exact same review apart from the fact that I have never tried the car pick up facility.

Get a 3M Cleaning done every service, about 10K kms and am happy with the service. They have always given me options for "work arounds" or jugaads (which is the indian way) instead of asking me to change parts everytime.
Old 26th October 2010, 14:01   #28
Senior - BHPian

My Endeavour is due for a service this saturday. Have booked in lathangi itself since i bought the car from them and also that the roof DVD player has stopped working.

will update about the experience.
Old 26th October 2010, 14:30   #29
BHPian

Thanks for the reply guys.

My car is serviced by Metro Ford for the past 5 years as well. But wanted to check if they are able to handle the capacity now as Figo is selling decent numbers.

I did not like the attitude of the service advisor at Metro Ford the previous time I visited them. They kept me waiting for more than an hour by giving lame excuses.

So wanted to know if there was any other better alternative.

How about some independent garages in Bangalore you guys might know.

Last edited by arunkumars : 26th October 2010 at 14:41.
Old 26th October 2010, 14:36   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunkumars View Post

How about some independent garages you guys might know.
I did try Sejal motors a couple of days back as the coolant was leaking from my car. The owner Srinivas is great, very polite and always ready to help. The other members were also pretty good. Check more reviews and contact info here : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...bangalore.html

If its just service, I am sure they will do well. I saw another Ikon being serviced while I was there and they were really doing a thorough job.
p.s. mention Team bhp as reference, it will surely help as a few of us have visited the place before and he is well aware of it.

Last edited by sammyboy : 26th October 2010 at 14:38.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks