Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2011, 11:23   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pune : Crystal Honda or Deccan Honda?

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Shouldn't spares be priced similarly across all dealers in the same city?

Spares available offline - does Honda provide spares OTC (over-the-counter)?
Spares should be the same across all Honda workshops.
Not sure if Honda provides spares OTC, but compared to the same spares available on the internet - there is a HUGE difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer_X View Post
Case 1: (25 k servicing)

The last time i had given my car for servicing I had also paid for the interiors and exteriors to be cleaned and polished by the 3M people. When I went to collect the car nothing had been cleaned and I was told that it had been done but got spoilt as the car was kept outside. I told them that I will not pay a dime as this is a stupid excuse(imagine the interiors getting spoilt as the glasses were rolled up!!). 3M guys said they had not received the service order and hence no work was done. Then the SA saod sir please go with the 3M guys and get the work done in front of you. I was like it is not my job and if it is not done I will escalate the matter to Mr. Salunke (Works Manager) and also to Honda. Finally since I had to get the work done i followed the 3M guys on the terrace where they do the work to supervise the cleaning. There these guys were nicely sitting inside a Civic listening to the radio with the AC on while it was getting polished using the machine (don't know what it is called) and saying how the customers are suckers and easy to rip all this was happening in Kannada. Little did they know that I know Kannada, they were shaken when I told them in Kannada that they better clean my car properly or I will escalate the matter and they will lose their job. My car was cleaned, vaccumed, polished and since I was a fellow Kannada guy polished the car tyres (scared I might complain). I did tell all this during the feedback call and got a call from the works manager begging for forgiveness and said I had won a gift (Honda pillows & a cake) in the lucky draw contest which would be hand delivered to my house.

Case 2: (30 k servicing)

I was facing a constant problem of the Horn not working properly and they had replaced the horn the last time under warranty but still the problem persisted, they said that Honda has a special apparatus which cuts off the supply to one horn if the horn is pressed for a long time to avoid electrical short circuit!! (Really???) Then I told the SA that I have a engineering degree in Electronics (Its Mech actually ;-)) and he should not give me that kind of a crap. He said he would confirm with the electrical expert. They said they will fix it. Till date it is not fixed and I am promised a Bosch horn on the house, with a changed horn position so that this problem will not occur. Also there was some noise coming from the tires even while braking on slow speeds, the SA tells me that the brake pads need to be replaced. I told him you guys have already done that during the last servicing without asking me and I had accepted (sadly I was not part of TBhp ) I said dont bother i will see what to do about this noise. The problem was solved after wheel balancing and alignment from Darshan Tyres on FC road.

Again during the feedback I told them I was not happy and will write a mail to Honda stating that the SA are taking the Customers for a ride with ridiculous advise. They apologised for the blunder and offered me discount for the next servicing.

So guys now I guess the only option is Crystal Honda or else Riverside Honda, Kolhapur (Excellent Service and Customer care) from where I bought my car to get my servicing done.

Getting frustrated!!
In this case, you should try Crystal.
I have not faced similar problems with Deccan - probably because I don't believe in getting anything except engine and transmission work (=check-up and servicing) from the service stations.
No electrical work, no wheel stuff, no cleaning, polishing etc.

I mean the very bare necessary, which I cannot get done from outside + my vehicle is OHC, wherein I make it clear that I am not willing to spend much on servicing and spare parts.

But in your case - a new vehicle - and giving them for a comprehensive job - need to be careful there at ANY "authorized" workstation.
Are you by any chance under some warranty clauses?

Last edited by alpha1 : 1st August 2011 at 11:25.
Old 27th October 2014, 14:12   #17
BHPian

Re: Deccan Honda Pune - other Independent workshop options in Pune

Hello Guys, I have recently moved to NIBM Road from Bavdhan. Can you guys suggest a good mechanic for my OHC around this area.
Old 27th October 2014, 18:50   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHCVtec View Post
Hello Guys, I have recently moved to NIBM Road from Bavdhan. Can you guys suggest a good mechanic for my OHC around this area.
There is one guy I use, pretty inexpensive for most jobs and knows his stuff too.

Lucent Garage near the Kedari Petrol pump. Should be almost walking distance from your place.
alpha1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2015, 08:39   #19
BHPian

A new Honda city has been stolen from the Deccan Honda premises in Pune, that had come in for a free service!

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/49928153.cms
Old 13th February 2016, 12:43   #20

Old post but just wanted to check if there is any new garage or something opened in Pune that can do Honda car service and other repairs too.

I used to do at Crystal Honda.. Was not happy as it seemed the service advisors are overloaded with work always and really is not knowledgable about car...their main objective is to sell underbody coating and other similar value added services. Of course it's where the dealership makes the most money.

Then I went to deccan Honda Pimpri, I think it's slightly better as the guy who dealt with me (joy) was knowledgable and not pushy and mostly with good intentions. But they said for a bush cut on control arm (I complained for a noise) they need to change the full control arm and also shock absorber and I am not sure if it's really an accurate diagnosis or just a hunch. Also I was hoping if they could just replace the bush..as the price of the control arm us over 5000

So I need to know if there are any independent garage who can service and repair honda cars.. Also with access to junkyard etc it get good parts from totaled cars. I was told by Mahindra first choice that they can do oil change etc but can't do any repair as only honda dealers have access to honda parts. Is that true? Because if it's true then technically unlike MASS there could be no independent service and repair centres for honda?

Of course body work can be done by anyone I am not worried about that I will not even take it to honda dealer for bodywork, but I am talking about real repair works that require some good diagnosis and cheap options for labour including parts.
Old 16th July 2016, 23:27   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdatta View Post
Old post but just wanted to check if there is any new garage or something opened in Pune that can do Honda car service and other repairs too.
Posting reply rather late. But just talked to Crystal Honda and they were too busy to take my car, I asked them if they can atleast give me the consumables like oil filter and air filter but they refused.

I gave my car to 'Autoexperts' a.k.a Shivtirth garage in Shivtirth nagar, Paud road. Have serviced our Fiat Linea, Chevrolet Beat and just today serviced my Honda Brio.
The garage is good for normal servicing, some parts might take time to retrieve (in case of Linea) but they do get it if followed up.

What I saw is the following difference as compared to Honda authorised service center

1. Oil Filter : Honda A.S.S: MAHLE (German but made in India)
Shivtirth : LUMAX

2. Air Filter : Shivtirth : Some local brand compared to original Honda. Cant say there is much difference. Will keep a watch

3. Oil : Honda uses Idemitsu, local one used Shell semi synthetic

4. Wipers changed: Honda A.S.S : cheap ones written 'syndicate' on it, dont even know what brand they are. Shivtirth put some good Bosch wipers.

All in all, i am very much satisfied by the independent garage service.
Old 18th July 2016, 13:04   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiInJa View Post
I gave my car to 'Autoexperts' a.k.a Shivtirth garage in Shivtirth nagar, Paud road. Have serviced our Fiat Linea, Chevrolet Beat and just today serviced my Honda Brio.
The garage is good for normal servicing, some parts might take time to retrieve (in case of Linea) but they do get it if followed up.
Thanks for the feedback NiInJa , this is within shouting distance for me. This place originally started out as a Daewoo outlet when I was a kid and Cielo had just landed, followed by a Hero Honda for many years, and finally Yamaha service for "Spirit Yamaha" and now this.
Can you please comment on the cost part ? My Swift needs a service and I was dilly dallying between the A.S.S. and TuneUp Plus (baner). Nothing wrong with the car as such, just consumables and a routine service in my opinion should be good.
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2016, 15:04   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Can you please comment on the cost part ? My Swift needs a service and I was dilly dallying between the A.S.S. and TuneUp Plus (baner). Nothing wrong with the car as such, just consumables and a routine service in my opinion should be good.
In some cases he might not get the original parts, like my case, but the overall cost is reasonable.

He charged 1200 Rs for Labor which also included cleaning inside out and cabin was de-odorized . Rest others were all consumables which I verified (against my previous Honda service bills) are not bloated. Additionally, He did wheel alignment and balancing in 250 Rs (He said wheels were balanced already so no additional weights put), Honda service centers charge much higher than that. Honda A.S.S does some unnecessary things like 'Windshield spray additives, brake caliper greasing, AC disinfection, replacing some washers/nuts here and there' etc, most of these cannot be verified. My last service with Honda A.S.S at Wagholi was a disappointment.

I guess I managed to save around 1000 Rupees by not bloating the bill this time around. More-so because I asked him to do only those tasks which are required and if anything else just report to me. At 20k the car did not require much service.

I suggest you try this one with just normal service first. If there are certain parts which he has to procure and you are not so sure about its authenticity/originality, you can refuse it straight away. My brother's Linea needs a Clutch cylinder replacement, he has been trying to get it since December, but he managed to change our Beat's shock absorbers and Linea's some suspension part within two days.
NiInJa is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 17:06   #24
Senior - BHPian

Between Crystal Honda and Deccan Honda , which one is preferred by BHPian's these days ? My first 2 servicings were done at Deccan Honda, which were okay, but Deccan Honda Satara road workshop is too far and poses logistical challenges for me (Cant sit all day etc).
Old 28th June 2019, 10:01   #25
BHPian

Bumping up this thread. I have been thinking of buying a used previous generation Honda Civic and would prefer to maintain/service her with a FNG rather than the expensive Honda A.S.S. Any suggestions for a FNG within the Deccan/Kothrud/Tilak Road area who is reliable and relatively inexpensive. Thank you.
Old 26th October 2019, 13:55   #26
BHPian

Had quite good experience with Garve Honda Service Centre, Bopodi today !!!

Background :- Friday morning when I started my car (Honda City 2014 Diesel), took bit of forward and started to hear scratching sound from the wheels ( not sure from which wheel) so I pulled over had a look at the underbelly of the car - everything was fine. So I continued but the scratching sound was keep on coming. Later it has become so loud that from almost ¬500 m ahead people could start to notice and stare at me and what not they could have been thinking about my car. Some how I managed to reach to office and decided to book an appointment with Deccan Honda. I have tried two-three landline numbers but non of them were answered. I have been trying their numbers for entire day but same story. Somehow I managed to sit in the office but at the background I was thinking about my car whole day.

Today (Saturday) First thing I decided to take my car to Deccan Honda Pimpri. On arrival what I found is their service department have holidays till 30th Oct. due to diwali festival. So finally I started to look for another options and made a call to Garve Honda service center. First thing I asked them is "are you guys working today ?" they said Yes. I explained them what Problem I am facing with my car. The people at the Garve Honda politely attended my query and gave me satisfactory answers. They asked me to get my car to service center.

The service adviser did the examination of the car and he did also noticed the sound. Took my car on the ramp and asked the technician to have a look. While I was in discussion with service adviser we came to point where we might need to change the brake pads and if required the disc as well. The technician dismantled the front wheels and had look at the disc caliper. On close examination he found is that small stone got trapped and it is actually culprit. He removed the stone and checked disc and it found in good condition. Fitted back the wheels - took small test drive with in premises and there was no sound at all. My car was ready in just five minutes. So overall, it was good experience for me. My query has been resolved in no time. going forward what I have observed here is the workshop has neat layout, facility, display of escalation matrix/ information, polite staff and trained technicians.

Actually I never had bad experience with Deccan Honda Pimpri but now we have Garve Honda as an alternate option.

Last edited by akshay386 : 26th October 2019 at 13:59.
akshay386 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks