Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2012, 20:16   #46
BHPian

Re: Grand Honda Shuts down. EDIT: New Dealer in Pune Crystal Honda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Any update on this?
Not really. Got a new iPod and have decided not to leave anything in my car at the time of the next service.

As for the response from Crystal Honda, I didn't receive a call from Aniket regarding the matter. The lady who calls for feedback for service hung up the phone when I told her about the theft.

In India, trying to follow up for justice ends up being a very draining affair.

O.T. an incident yesterday when I stopped at a red signal outside Marriott on S.B. Road. A red tempo screeched to a halt behind me and started hurling abuses and honking for me to break the signal which I didn't. I saw the traffic cop on the other side of the road smiling. When I asked him why he was smiling he said he was waiting for me to break the signal under pressure so that he could penalize me. Shouldn't he be penalizing the tempo driver for promoting road rage?

Anyways... don't expect Crystal to be professional just because it is a Honda dealership. I will switch to Deccan Honda after my 3rd free service is done next month. I have heard good things about the Pimpri Service center and I hope that turns out to be the center that earns my loyalty similar to R.S Motors in Kandivli (Mumbai) who service my Palio.
Old 8th May 2012, 20:25   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prafulasher View Post
As for the response from Crystal Honda, I didn't receive a call from Aniket regarding the matter. The lady who calls for feedback for service hung up the phone when I told her about the theft.
That lady did that once to me and I registered a complaint online (link should be available on this thread). Honda got the lady to call me back and apologise. May have been a fake apology, but I am sure this will be on Honda's record against the employee or the dealer. I did my bit.
I think you shuold mention the theft to Honda. though your ipod may not return, somebody may get asked a few questions.

Quote:
Shouldn't he be penalizing the tempo driver for promoting road rage?
In principle, I agree. In practice, ahem

Quote:
Anyways... don't expect Crystal to be professional just because it is a Honda dealership. I will switch to Deccan Honda after my 3rd free service is done next month.
Please let us know how it goes
Old 8th May 2012, 23:38   #48
BHPian

I purchased a Honda City from Crystal Honda in March this year. My first free service experience with them left me fuming. Vehicle was picked up and I was assured of a call back when it reached the Service Centre. Guess what no call. Vehicle picked up at 11am. I called them at 1pm after receiving no call. Put on endless hold. Was finally attended to and told that I would get a call back in 10 minutes. called back after 30 minutes as I received no call confirming that my vehicle had reached. Again was told that I would get a call in 5 minutes. Lost it and let them have an earful of my frustration. Was connected to Sameer who said that he was a senior service advisor and the car was with them. Finally got the car back at 6:00pm. Car washing not upto the mark.
Got a call checking on my experience. Was driving requested them to call back. They called back right away and disconnected before I could pick up. Received an email from them the next day stating that they had tried calling me and were not able to get in touch with me .
They also had the temerity to state that they assuemed that everything was Ok with my experience. Reverted back stating everything was not ok and they could call me again. NO Call back received.
I have a colleauge who has been utilising Deccan and who says that they are good.
Old 9th May 2012, 09:56   #49
BANNED

Dealerships move around all the time. I am surprised with the Brio and the Jazz (after price reduction) selling well why will a dealership shut down. It is likely that during the few months after the Thailand floods deliveries from SIEL-Honda almost dried up and the chaps with tight finances were in a bit of a fix. Of course Ford are getting aggressive so they may be attracting dealerships. Earlier it is known that VW were scouting in Honda dealerships since they wanted to avoid Sköda dealers.

My main worry is that they may not be able to cope with the increase (2x or 3x) in volume after the Brio . I hope the workshops are expanded sufficiently.
Old 9th May 2012, 11:24   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post

Weird part is Crystal Honda charge 2% on credit card transactions. Do all workshops do that?
I havent been charged 2% extra for payments for servicing. Not sure if its charged for painting.
My latest experience with Crystal honda has been bad. I had clearly mentioned that I will be waiting while the car will be serviced while booking the appointment and I would need the car by 2 PM.
- I was called at 10 AM and the car was not even touched till 2 PM and I had to wait till 6PM.
- The car was not cleaned from outside properly which is not the first.
Next time I am not going to Crystal honda. Will try Deccan Honda at Pimpri.

On another note I got free AC disinfection service voucher worth Rs1000 for renewing insurance through them even though it was not applicable for TataAIG. As it was renewal and I had got a renewal quote from TataAIG I just renewed it through them as directly talking to TataAIG wasnt helpful in reducing the premium any further..
Old 9th May 2012, 12:57   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofkings View Post
I purchased a Honda City from Crystal Honda in March this year. My first free service experience with them left me fuming.
You can log a complaint on the Honda website, they get back to the dealer on this. Its not having any effect though.
Today I had a drop for my car and the advance intimation entailed a call about 10 minutes before the guy arrived. I had to delay leaving for office, and if he had called even 15 minutes later I would have had to ask for a next day drop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alto99 View Post
On another note I got free AC disinfection service voucher worth Rs1000 for renewing insurance through them even though it was not applicable for TataAIG.
What is this AC disinfection things? They have added it to my paid service though I dont remember asking for it. Is it cleaning of the AC unit or the vents? I havent had the time to investigate my car for this yet

Last edited by selfdrive : 9th May 2012 at 12:58.
Old 30th May 2012, 12:47   #52
BHPian

They charge 2% on bills above 5000. That's what Crystal Honda said when I gave my car for servicing. That's weird logic. The extra 2% is added for payments that are reversible. The merchant may not have the "swipe back" account, and hence will be charged for each swipe back transaction. Regardless of they payback or not, they take that 2% from customer. A better solution is to take the 2% off when they actually do pay back. In other words, charge me when I ask for pay back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alto99 View Post
I havent been charged 2% extra for payments for servicing. Not sure if its charged for painting.
Old 30th May 2012, 12:59   #53
Senior - BHPian

My bill was more than 5K, so may be thats the case. I ended up paying cash.
I dont intend to find out as I am not returning to Crystal Honda.
Old 8th July 2012, 20:18   #54
BHPian

Update - Done with my 3rd free service from Crystal Honda. Reached the Bavdhan service center at 9:30. Waited for a service advisor to get the job card created. Nobody turned up for close to 30 minutes. Was attended to by Omkar at 10:05. He is new to the dealership and seems honest. Got the same crap that I get everytime about 2-3 advisors being on leave. It reminds me of the Tata Docomo ad where a waiter is being taught to give a standard "Poochke bataata hoon" response to every question.
Told him not to let the car go for washing as I had to leave for Bombay and didn't have much time on hand. Also since my running is relatively less, told him not to carry out the tyre rotation. The car went for service and I met the service manager (Mr. Pranav) to ask about the complaint that I had registered the last time around. He checked their online system and saw that the complaint had been closed with a status stating "Customer satisfied". I demanded tracing the credentials of the person who had done the same and was told that Aniket who was the advisor at that time had absconded from the job and changed his contact number. Also, the lady in the CRM department had also quit her job. I believe I must be the reason for the attrition within Honda dealerships since everyone I tend to meet at a service appointment tends to go missing the next time around. He did give me a 4th service labour waiver letter and an ac disinfection coupon along with a Brio mug. So much for losing a 14k iPod and countless follow-up calls.
Back to the car. I could see my car being serviced from the customer lounge. The Oil change and other routine check-ups were done by 11:30. The car came out of the service area and was put in the washing queue. I told Omkar to get my car out of there. He said the car is still being serviced. So much for the advisor knowing the status of the car. They are more concerned about selling the wash-wiper liquid and other fancy things to customers than actually ensuring a decent service experience.
Reminded him two-three times and he finally went to the service bay and started searching for my car. The car was bang in the middle of the wash queue by then and I had to wait for the cars ahead of it to get washed before they could finally bring the car out.

I left the dealership at @1. So all in all - 30 mins to get someone to create the job card, 90 mins for the service and 90 mins to try and get the car out of their clutches. I don't know whats with dealerships loving to keep cars stationary and unattended in their premises. I guess it creates an impression of them being loaded with work.

I am done with the Bavdhan episode in the life of my ANHC. Next stop will be Deccan Honda, Pimpri.
prafulasher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2012, 13:13   #55
BHPian

First bad experience at Crystal Honda.

I got my first paid servicing done yesterday and also requested to have the 2nd application of paint protection - 3M be applied.
At the time of taking delivery i noticed that the 3M sticker on rear windshield was removed and replaced by Brightstone.

On enquiry, i was informed that the dealer has replaced the vendor. A very bad practice - I paid for 3M and not some other vendor!

Please beware and anyone who has 3M coupons, I suggest you get them redeemed at 3M workshop.
freak1201 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2012, 19:53   #56
BHPian

I got my ZX serviced at Deccan Honda for the 40000 km service. I was standing next to the car all throughout, and asking questions and making sure everything was done. I feel that I got a good service from them.

I will upload my bill, and I think I got charged for Injector cleaning as an extra, which should have been within the 40,000 km charges, but I am not sure about it, so I let it go.

I think there is a good benefit in being with the car. There are too many cars to service, and I think the quality of work gets diluted if you are not around. I did see some casual mechanics, and some were very serious, so if you leave the car, you need to trust luck!!
simran is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks