Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2010, 20:25   #16
BHPian

Just tried Zenita Auto works

Zenita Auto Works

Rs.3800/- for 40K paid service (inclusive of engine oil replacement/Coolant change/Injector Cleaning/Clutch play adjustment/new NGK Spark Plugs/fuel filter + oil filter replacement/ Interior-Ext cleaning/Suspension tightening etc.)

Good personalized service - the best MASS experience for me so far.
Old 3rd March 2010, 22:42   #17
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I have been going to Spectra at Malad for the last 8 years. I have no problems with them. Good service and they don't overcharge you. If really concerned, you can make a short visit into the workshop. Even better if you are a regular and get to know the service advisor's. A lot of jobs have been done under warranty. I would recommend them above Vitesse at Andheri (west) anyday. Even though I live at Andheri (W), I still go to Malad because of the service.

Regards,

SS
Old 2nd April 2010, 23:46   #18
Senior - BHPian

I have been visiting Spectra Malad service centre regularly for about two years when I first got my TrueValue M800. The guys were professionals and knowledgeable. I recall when I had battery problems in my car, they checked the whole electrical system for faults and then pointed to a speaker that had shorted. The battery was checked at least three times and the alternator was checked free of charge. I even had a very good experience when my M800 was rear-shunted near Goregaon and the boot door/glass had to be changed.

I have ventured inside the workshop to see how things are being done, and even from the reception lounge you are able to see the workshop through a large glass panel.

And the guys are careful with the cars also. I have rarely seen anyone driving fast (in a customer's car) within the facility.

I had been going to Patel Auto for most of the accessories in my M800 (including two Hela driving lamps costing 3K), but in one case I gave them the car for some minor repairs and found that the cut-out for the car security system was missing (after I had paid the bill and wanted to drive away). The service adviser kept telling me the security system had a problem and they could get it rectified, but I smelt a rat. I drove the car to Spectra, Malad where the security system guy came down and inspected the car and told me about the missing cutout. I haven't visited Patel Auto ever since.
Old 25th May 2010, 13:45   #19
BANNED

Need to get my Swift serviced.

Anybody have any experiences with an MASS/dealer at Mulund or Bhandup?
Old 25th May 2010, 19:06   #20
Senior - BHPian

You could try Thanawala at Wagle Industrial Estate. Their workshop is the designated MSM for Bombay.

Spectra also in Wagle is another good service workshop.

Both are just a hop, skip and jump from the Toll booth. I believe Spectra has a workshop at Mulund also but I have never visited them.
Old 28th May 2010, 14:56   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
+1 to Vitesse. I was a customer for several years and was always impressed with the quality of work.
Any idea about Vitesse Andheri? Are they as good as the Prabhadevi one?
Mainly I am looking for a place which won't rip me off asking me to do unneccessary work.
I can ward off the additive, underbody proofing etc, but anything technical beyond that is going to end up with me wondering if he is cheating me or not?

Last edited by carboy : 28th May 2010 at 14:57.
Old 29th May 2010, 18:41   #22
BANNED

Ended up going to Shamal Motors in Bhandup. It's a 'A' MASS, not tied to any dealer. Chose this person because
- Sai Service Andheri refused to give me an estimate over the phone for routine 40K service (i.e. what would be cost if only stuff mentioned in the book was done). The receptionist said - we have to see the car before giving an estimate for even routine service.
- Spectra Motors (Thana) - he gave me an estimate over the phone. When I asked for a rough break up, he said the advisor has gone to lunch & will call me back with breakup. Never called
- Carnation (Chembur) - Their estimate was 20% higher than any of the MASS. Didn't ask for the breakup though.

So my choice was between Vitesse(Andheri) & Shamal both of whom very nice on the phone & answered all questions, I asked. Ended up going to Shamal because Vitesse would have to be on a weekday, whereas I could fit Shamal into a Saturday (today).

At the service, I paid Rs. 4800 - changed everything which said in the book, except for the Airfilter - which he said cleaning is enough - will last for another 5000-6000 kms. Told me a couple of other things which would have to be worked on in the next 10-15000 kms. An extra thing which I asked to be done was brake cleaning - he did it and said that the pads would easily last another 15K kms.

Overall, I am satisfied atleast that once I told him not to do any unneccessary stuff (additives, rubbing/polishing etc), he didn't do anything extra.

Also he did few things which didn't show up anywhere in the bill
- touched up paint of a few scratches
- Tightened a loose mudflap.
Old 6th June 2010, 14:56   #23
Senior - BHPian

Mumbai BHPians, I am new to Mumbai and need to give my SX4 for its third service this month.

there are two service stations close to my house- Sai Service at Goregaon and Spectra at Malad- which is better of the two?

any other service station that I can consider? I stay in goregaon

Thanks
Old 6th June 2010, 23:59   #24
BHPian

I don't own a Maruti so can't really comment on first hand experience, but from my friends I haven't heard good reviews about Sai Service. Some Maruti owner can give you better info about the other service centers though
Old 7th June 2010, 15:31   #25
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
there are two service stations close to my house- Sai Service at Goregaon and Spectra at Malad- which is better of the two?
+1 to what Arishi said. Sai Service is the WORST place you can take your car too. Spectra would surely be better, though I'd personally schedule an appointment with Vitesse Andheri.
Old 8th June 2010, 10:52   #26
Senior - BHPian

thanks GTO, Vitesse it is then. My office is in Andheri so that should be pretty convinient.
Old 20th June 2010, 22:19   #27
Senior - BHPian

Went to Vitesse in Andheri west on the 18th for my car's 3rd service.

Workshop is pretty good.

was attended to in 2 minutes of arrival. i had reached there by about 9 AM and my car was second in line. the SA took me for a test drive before making the jobcard and petiently listened to any issues that i had- I just had one issue and that pertained to a minor rattle from teh dash (which unfortunately didnot manifest itself during the test drive)

he promised a 1230 delivery since I told him that I will wait for teh car.

the lounge was pretty decent with a glass wall that gives you a clear view of the service bay- so i could keep an eye on my car as well.

the Car was ready at 12 noon and the bill was lower than the estimate- so full marks there.

what i really liked was the fact that the SA asked me to take a test drive before making payment and filling out the feedback form- this show confidence in their work and again a great sign.

All in all a pleasant experience, marred slightly by the fact that on the drive back home, I could hear the rattling once again, even thought the SA told me that they had tightened all bolts and there should be no rattling from the dash - so -2 there.

But one of the better A.S.S. experiences till date and will definitely go the Vitesse again for any future services.

overall 8/10
Old 14th October 2010, 23:59   #28
BHPian

Suggestions on M.A.S.S in Mumbai other than Ratan Motors Workshop!

Hi friends

Have any of you Mumbaikars paid heed to the notice that appeared a few weeks back in the papers about Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. terminating their dealership contract with Ratan Motors, Chembur (Mumbai) and anyone dealing with them should do so at their own risk? Unfortunately this notice which happened to come at the wrong time has added to my woes - I bought a WagonR Vxi in October 2009 from them and my car is up for service in about 10 days' time. Post this notice, I thought its best to go with what the notice says and NOT deal with them - their earlier services weren't all that great either! Seen mixed reviews of the various M.A.S.S-es scattered around Mumbai on this forum and I was wondering if anyone could give me some concrete suggestions specifically for the following places:

- Spectra Motors, Ghatkopar (W) considering this place is closest to where I live i.e., Chembur

- Sai Service, Andheri (E) - Wouldn't mind dropping in my car there as I commute almost daily to the western suburbs. Comments on the Lower Parel one would be most appreciated as well!

- Vitesse, Worli - Now this is one place where they treat the customer like a king (atleast that's what I thought when I went around Mumbai scouting for a good deal on the WagonR) so wondering if this place shows the same competency in terms of servicing.

Awaiting your prompt reply buddies!
TC and regards!
Old 15th October 2010, 09:18   #29
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebluez View Post
- Spectra Motors, Ghatkopar (W) considering this place is closest to where I live i.e., Chembur

- Sai Service, Andheri (E) - Wouldn't mind dropping in my car there as I commute almost daily to the western suburbs. Comments on the Lower Parel one would be most appreciated as well!

- Vitesse, Worli - Now this is one place where they treat the customer like a king (atleast that's what I thought when I went around Mumbai scouting for a good deal on the WagonR) so wondering if this place shows the same competency in terms of servicing.

Awaiting your prompt reply buddies!
TC and regards!

Ravi Automobiles in Amar Mahal has a very good reputation (I have never serviced my car there though). They are very close to Shopper's Stop on the opposite side of the road. They are part of a Petrol Pump. Note - they are not dealers, just MASS, not that makes any difference.
Old 19th October 2010, 11:45   #30
BHPian

Need A Maruti Authorized Workshop In Navi Mumbai

Am helping a friend out with his Swift (which a packer/mover messed up pretty badly while driving it...another long story) which has a damaged front wheel, fender damage etc.

Car is lying near Shilphata junction and has to be towed.
Has Karnataka plates so dont want to mess with getting into Mumbai (the octroi hawks are always creating trouble).

Need a recommendation and contact info for a good maruti authorized workshop in Navi Mumbai. The insurance estimate has been done and it is around 50k.

The owner is in Bangalore and I am the local runaround guy (I do not live in Navi Mumbai) so would really really like a reliable workshop so that run arounds are kept low

Thanks in advance for your help

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks