Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2010, 15:43   #31
BHPian

my 2002 esteem is in need of some serious damage control after being stationary under the mumbai rains for close to 4 months. horn not working, battery discharged, front wheels whining when in motion, rust on the doors, aaargh! based on the recommendations here my best bet would be vitesse worli since am based in mahalaxmi
Old 1st November 2010, 15:24   #32
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
+1 to what Arishi said. Sai Service is the WORST place you can take your car too. Spectra would surely be better, though I'd personally schedule an appointment with Vitesse Andheri.
I visited Vitesse today & had a very good experience. In June, I had got my 40000 kms Swift Petrol major service done at Shamal Motors, Bhandup. The service was done well but they told me my car had the following problems which need to be rectified soon (not urgently)
- He said my rear left Shock Abs were leaking
- The balance rod needed attention.

It's been a few months but this was always at the back of my mind. Today morning, I called up Vitesse & said I needed a check on my shock abs. The person asked me to come anytime between 2:30pm & 4:00 pm. I reached there at 2:30 pm & I talked the girl who I had talked to in the morning. She immediatelly called someone. I told the guy I needed my shocks checked. He called a mechanic & asked him to take a look at my car. The guy looked behind all the wheels & said that the shock abs are absolutely dry & there is no leak. He then turned the front wheels to both sides & checked the balance rod & said that's also fine. I asked him to take a test drive. We both went on some pretty bad roads & he was confident that there is nothing wrong at all with the shock abs or the balance rods. And they didn't charge me anything at all.

So all in all a very good experience with Vitesse Andheri.
Old 1st November 2010, 17:13   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebluez View Post
Hi friends

Have any of you Mumbaikars paid heed to the notice that appeared a few weeks back in the papers about Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. terminating their dealership contract with Ratan Motors, Chembur (Mumbai) and anyone dealing with them should do so at their own risk? Unfortunately this notice which happened to come at the wrong time has added to my woes - I bought a WagonR Vxi in October 2009 from them and my car is up for service in about 10 days' time. Post this notice, I thought its best to go with what the notice says and NOT deal with them - their earlier services weren't all that great either! Seen mixed reviews of the various M.A.S.S-es scattered around Mumbai on this forum and I was wondering if anyone could give me some concrete suggestions specifically for the following places:

- Spectra Motors, Ghatkopar (W) considering this place is closest to where I live i.e., Chembur

- Sai Service, Andheri (E) - Wouldn't mind dropping in my car there as I commute almost daily to the western suburbs. Comments on the Lower Parel one would be most appreciated as well!

- Vitesse, Worli - Now this is one place where they treat the customer like a king (atleast that's what I thought when I went around Mumbai scouting for a good deal on the WagonR) so wondering if this place shows the same competency in terms of servicing.

Awaiting your prompt reply buddies!
TC and regards!
Spectra Motors Ghatkopar ---> Absolute Rubbish, They even make the working parts stop working. Stay 10000000 kilometers away.

Sai Service Andheri--> Same as Spectra, Old school guys who think Diesel clutch is heavy, Diesel cars have a pathetic shift quality and what not. Tred Away.

Ravi Automobiles at Amar Mahal Is brilliant and so is Vitesse Prabhadevi are brilliant. Navneet gets a thumbs up from me too. If you have warranty work try Vitesse or Navneet. Ravi is a MASS and not a dealer so wont entertain warranty claims.
Old 9th February 2011, 11:08   #34
BHPian

Re: Best Maruti (MASS) Garage in Mumbai

For people in Thane and Mulund area:

1. Thanawala: Maruti Service pioneers located in Wagle Estate in Thane

2. I do not know the name of this one but a lane goes opposite Wockhardt Mulund(now Fortis). You will come across the Durian furniture store. This maruti service center is located right behind Durian.

Both are good but I personally feel Thanawala is the best.
Old 9th February 2011, 11:24   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikrantD View Post
For people in Thane and Mulund area:

1. Thanawala: Maruti Service pioneers located in Wagle Estate in Thane

2. I do not know the name of this one but a lane goes opposite Wockhardt Mulund(now Fortis). You will come across the Durian furniture store. This maruti service center is located right behind Durian.

Both are good but I personally feel Thanawala is the best.
That is Carkraft. Had been there once and had a good experience.
Old 14th February 2011, 16:14   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
That is Carkraft. Had been there once and had a good experience.
Bingo. Thats the place. And indeed a good one !!!
VikrantD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2012, 15:47   #37
BHPian

bumping an old thread looking for suggestions based on current situations, ive picked up a wagon r cng lxi from spectra motors goregaon.

looking to get the 1st service done, which would be better , spectra malad or vitesse andheri, i reside at andheri west but dont mind travelling, want to ensure good work done on the car. what would be the recommendations , looking for a few replies. Thanks
Old 27th February 2012, 16:19   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cletusarrarr View Post
bumping an old thread looking for suggestions based on current situations, ive picked up a wagon r cng lxi from spectra motors goregaon.

looking to get the 1st service done, which would be better , spectra malad or vitesse andheri, i reside at andheri west but dont mind travelling, want to ensure good work done on the car. what would be the recommendations , looking for a few replies. Thanks
Going by the quality of the work at Vitesse Prabhadevi, I'd recommend Vitesse Andheri. I've used other MASS outlets and found Vitesse to be the most knowledgeable, courteous, and professional.
ghostrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2012, 10:03   #39
BANNED

Quote:

Durian (if I remember correctly) is near Nahur Station. Whereas Fortis much before that (may be 1/2 a km or so) when you come from Nirmal Lifestyle. Also the lane which is near Fortis - is the one which goes to Jain Temple/Sarvodya Nagar and further to Mehul Cinema etc. I have never seen a Maruti showroom there.
Old 2nd October 2012, 18:51   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Durian (if I remember correctly) is near Nahur Station. Whereas Fortis much before that (may be 1/2 a km or so) when you come from Nirmal Lifestyle. Also the lane which is near Fortis - is the one which goes to Jain Temple/Sarvodya Nagar and further to Mehul Cinema etc. I have never seen a Maruti showroom there.
Its not a Maruti Showroom, its a service center named Carkraft. A very good one. You should try it if you own a Maruti and share your experience here.
Old 2nd October 2012, 20:35   #41
BANNED

Quote:
Its not a Maruti Showroom, its a service center named Carkraft. A very good one. You should try it if you own a Maruti and share your experience here.
Ok. I am probably going to go there tomorrow. My cliutch is probably gone & it needs to be replaced.
Old 3rd October 2012, 07:24   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Ok. I am probably going to go there tomorrow. My cliutch is probably gone & it needs to be replaced.
Contact Sachin. He is one of the partners.
Old 3rd October 2012, 10:47   #43
BANNED

Quote:
Contact Sachin. He is one of the partners.
Saw this only after I came back from there. CarKraft is off PK Road, behind Sai Dham Mandir, Arihant Multi Car showroom etc - it shares the bldg with Mantra Gym. It's like 1 building away from PK road. I go on PK road every other day, but since there is not even a single Board or anything on PK road about CarKraft - I never knew a MASS existed there - these guys aren't interested in advertising, it seems. Shamal Motors which is like 500 metres off LBS road has multiple direction giving sign boards from LBS Marg.

Anyway - was quick. I was in & out in less than 3-4 minutes - car needs a clutch change. Will pick up my car in the evening.
Old 18th November 2012, 18:35   #44
BHPian

Where ever you take your maruti, never ever even think of taking it to sai service. The guys are big cheats, charge a hefty sum and do the jobs only which they wish to. I had given my 06 wagon r at sai service lower parel for a routine 60k kms service + a few odd jobs. I had specifically requested them to do the following:

- Check for noise from the front suspension
- Straighten the exhaust tail pipe which was slightly bent
- replace mud flaps
- replace wiper blades
- replace outside rear door handle

The very next day I get a call that my car is ready for delivery. I went to collect it and got a jolt of my life- Rs.11,520/-. For a moment I thought that I had miscalculated the bill earlier and I had dished out too many things to be dont on the car. Nevermind I thought and asked for a test run to check if everything was done on the car. But they refused to give me the car even for a look without making the payment. I made the payment and went with the service advisor for the drive. First things that I noticed:

- Exhaust pipe still bent- the SA said it would require entire exhaust system to be "overhauled", estimated expense - Rs.1500-2000.

- No new mudflaps, no new wiper blades, no new door handle - All are out of stock!

-Regarding the suspension noise- "Sir, it has been repaired. there is no more noise". As soon as the car touched the tarmac, I could tell that the morons havent even bothered to look into it. Upon blasting, the SA yielded and said that its a seperate job and costs 10K just to open up. Consumables will be charged extra!

So what had they done in my car which led to the sum Rs.11,520/?

-Oil & filter change
-Coolant change( not required, done in last service)
-Gear oil Change (not required, done in last service)
-Brake fluid change (not required, Braking overhauled in last service)
-Rear left brake seal change due to fluid leak (yeah right!)
-throttle body cleaning (Rs.750 for that??)
-Engine flush (I never believe in engine flushing- it harms your engine)
-Nitrogen in 5 tyres (Rs.75 each. 2 tyres got deflated in next one week)
-ECU Calibration (now since when did computers started needing calibration?)

By the time I took my car and left the place, I was completely red with anger, with a soar throat and a boggled up mind.

My next service is due and I also plan to get the suspension overhauling done. Not really sure weather I would want to give my car to a MASS at all. Plan to try Car-nation this time. Any reviews/feedback?
Old 18th November 2012, 18:48   #45
Senior - BHPian

Rajat and everyone else , my 800 servicing and repairs etc issues were all sorted by Joe from Nakita motors.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai...st-mumbai.html

The guys honest as they get and is a ex-employee from MASS.Only catch is the garage is at Bandra so if you stay far you might have to travel a bit.With him around you probably will never need a MASS for servicing or fixing any issues.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks