Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2008, 20:52   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
They will NOT replace it. 100%. They are offering to repaint it free of cost. I suggest you take the offer asap so you dont have to see that dent in the mornings and ruin your mornings.

I agree they made a mistake, but the let the punishment fit the crime!! If the dents were very big, then you would have been justified in asking for them to replace it.

Sorry buddy :(
Hey Nikhil, Thanks so much for the quick response(s)

I have never had to get the car painted before in my entire life! Now this is coming as a big big issue from the point of view of the quality of paint, the issue about matching of paint... And later on the resale and longterm sheen/shine of the paint...

The service advisor insists the paint may not be of great quality because of the process by which the car is painted at the factory versus the bodyshop. Also, the durability of this new paint is a question mark according to him.

Is he doing this to convince me to not go ahead with the painting? If yes, what if he goes ahead and actually doesn't take care while the car gets painted... or is just not too involved when the procedure takes place?

I am now sure that I will push them for the free painting of my rear bumper which was scratched by me!
Old 14th October 2008, 21:01   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode View Post
Man this is really irritating me now... Everyday in the morning I am seeing this dent... and getting irked beyond belief... I never knew it would get to me so badly!!
U have your car with u ? and negotiating with the supervisor daily on phone? I'm confused.

All this while i thought the car is lying @ HMP for repair job.
Old 14th October 2008, 21:07   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
U have your car with u ? and negotiating with the supervisor daily on phone? I'm confused.

All this while i thought the car is lying @ HMP for repair job.
Hey KPZen,
Yes the car is with me... They have verbally confirmed the repairs would be taken at HMP cost... Apparently they debit the Admin department and will bill me for Rs. 0...

I noticed the dents issue when I got my car back home the first time.. I wrote to the service advisor over email on Dussehra day (his mobile was switched off)

Apologies if I was unclear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode View Post
The car is promptly delivered to me with the first two things done, but they are unable to clear some major grease marks. They say this is the best that can be managed. (pic attached)

All this while the job card mentioned only a small dent on the rear bumper as the points of defects found in the car on receiving.
Old 14th October 2008, 22:53   #19
BHPian

If they cant take care of your car then what is the point of giving the car to the authorize service station. That means they can play however they like with your car.
I have seen how this service station guys take those vehicle. They does not bother of anything apart from the speed and the road fun.
God bless our car consumer community.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks