Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2008, 23:31   #1
BHPian

Hyundai Motor Plaza dents my new Verna

I had given my Verna to Hyundai Motor Plaza, and when I get the car back.. The car had the following issues:

There is a dent on the bonnet above the grill! (pic attached)
One rubber beading has multiple abrasions!!! (pic attached)
The front fender has a dent (pic attached)
The lights don't blink upon locking the car using remote
The interiors of the car were extremely dirty, with oil and grease spots inside the car...

The service advisor immediately acknowledges these mistakes, and says he cannot give it in writing, but will fix these...

Next day is dussehra and their workshop is closed. I write emails to the manager and the service advisor.

I return the car the very next morning, and they take the car to fix central locking, some low decibel noise (not fixed earlier), and cleaning of the car

The car is promptly delivered to me with the first two things done, but they are unable to clear some major grease marks. They say this is the best that can be managed. (pic attached)

All this while the job card mentioned only a small dent on the rear bumper as the points of defects found in the car on receiving.

He has been co-operative, and suggests I give the car soon, and they will repaint the bonnet and fender for me.

Questions:
1- Getting the free denting painting the only recourse?
2- Should I get it done?
3- Does this affect the rsale of the car? If yes, how can I get Hyundai involved?
4- Apparently, the records in Hyundai are centralised, and at the time of resale anyone can go and figure out the bonnet and fender were painted!
5- Will colour matching happen to near perfection for Real Earth?
6- The quality, sheen, and durability of the factory paint remains constant?
7- If that's the case with the dealership everyone loves on Team-BHP, how is that they are so poor with work?
8- What do I do with the seat cover?

Does anyone of you know of any escalations I can make?

Hoping for some help.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Motor Plaza dents my new Verna-img_1534.jpg  

Hyundai Motor Plaza dents my new Verna-img_1532.jpg  

Hyundai Motor Plaza dents my new Verna-img_1530.jpg  

Hyundai Motor Plaza dents my new Verna-img_1526.jpg  

Old 12th October 2008, 23:39   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai Motor Plaza dents my new Verna

They have been honest enough to accept their mistake. I would say trust them further and ask them only to fix the damage.

Do try to get something in writing. I know it's difficult, but if you dont, tomorrow, they will just ditch you and then without anything in writing it will be very difficult for you to do anything.

Quote:
Questions:
1- Getting the free denting painting the only recourse?
2- Should I get it done?
3- Does this affect the rsale of the car? If yes, how can I get Hyundai involved?
4- Apparently, the records in Hyundai are centralised, and at the time of resale anyone can go and figure out the bonnet and fender were painted!
5- Will colour matching happen to near perfection for Real Earth?
6- The quality, sheen, and durability of the factory paint remains constant?
7- If that's the case with the dealership everyone loves on Team-BHP, how is that they are so poor with work?
8- What do I do with the seat cover?
2). Yes. Get it done
3). It shouldnt affect the resale value. When do you plan to sell it? Since it's brand new, it will be at least 3-4 years before you sell it. It wont have much of an effect on the resale value.
4). If they figure out that it was repainted, point them to this thread. Show them these pics. To be honest, the damage isnt very clear in some pics. Obviously, some things are clear to the naked eye and not to the camera lens!
5). Colour matching can be done perfectly if the technician is careful enough. Make sure that they do a good job.
6).Yes. If done properly, it will be just like factory paint
7). Mistakes happen. This is the most important thing. No one is perfect. Mistakes happen. From the best people and companies. You have to be accomodating enough. Especially when the dealer/service centre itself has owned up to it's mistake and is ready to rectify it.

If you had to choose a dealer/service centre with a 100% record, you would never buy a car ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD!! Dont be so unforgiving!

Also, be friendly. They did damage your car, but be friendly. Dont lose your cool at them. Be calm and reasonable and I'm sure they'll do a good job and give it back.

All the best.
Old 12th October 2008, 23:51   #3
Senior - BHPian

I would say get the paint redone.
The colour problem wont creep in because hyundai provides its authorized service stations with the same colour which is used during manufacture.

Rest assured , get it in writing that you will not be charged anything for the same and no amount will be deducted from insurance or similar.
Old 13th October 2008, 00:48   #4
BHPian

IMO, you should ask them to replace it with NEW car. If they say NO, then file case with consumer court. Don't be too polite with them. Don't accept any option other than New Car or all money (return the car) + compensation.
Old 13th October 2008, 01:11   #5
BHPian

sorry for that barcode!! hope you get her back as good as new at the earliest.
@ darkeraser: you cant ask for a new car for this. they are repairing it and thats good enough on their part. it is something that can happen with anybody and the company cannot give away new cars just like that.
Old 13th October 2008, 01:33   #6
BHPian

These things happen because of their careless approach. However, its a bad experiance. with what trust you will give the car next time for service? escalate to higher-ups , atleast it will help in avoiding repeated complainin
Old 13th October 2008, 02:29   #7
BHPian

Sorry to hear about the damage.You can ask them to replace the bonnet and fender instead of repairing it.
Old 13th October 2008, 05:14   #8
BHPian

I think his car is new (just 1st or 2nd service - my wild guess), so it's possible to get a new car as it's not his fault. At least I will demand, if they do this to my new car.

... or may be, I will kill someone
Old 13th October 2008, 07:24   #9
Senior - BHPian

Ask them to replace and not repair the parts they screwed up. Do not accept any repairs, also get a written statement from them accepting the responsibility for the crash.
Old 13th October 2008, 07:31   #10
Senior - BHPian

Did you checked the terms and condition on the reverse of the JOb card given to you? The very first point says (atleast one from GM), we are leaving it for service at our (own) risk. This is true for not just cars, but anything and everything we give for service. From home appliance to you name it.

So as long as they repair / make it up to mark, it should be ok.

What to do, we are still waiting for a company with terms and conditions favouring the consumer.

Last edited by mjothi : 13th October 2008 at 07:33.
Old 13th October 2008, 09:44   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Did you checked the terms and condition on the reverse of the JOb card given to you? The very first point says (atleast one from GM), we are leaving it for service at our (own) risk...
This is the standard statement that is present in all places, regardless of it being a service center or a cinema hall. But this does not mean that the institute is capable of washing its hand off any damage that is caused when the car is placed under their care.

Regardless of this statement, they are fully answerable to the damages and should rectify them at their own cost.

@Barcode, There is no way you will get a new car, but get them to change the part with a new part and not a patch work.

Why do you want to repaint and lose the value of your car for no fault of yours?
Old 13th October 2008, 10:10   #12
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for the sad incidence !!

New car for Service itches seems very un-realsitec to me. Though changing the part rather then patching it up seems very realstic and can be acceptable with Service staff without any major hickups.
Old 14th October 2008, 09:32   #13
BHPian

sorry for your car.
i think the best would be to ensure that your insurance is not touched.ask them to paint the portion,they will do it.
best of luck
Old 14th October 2008, 20:36   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
I would say get the paint redone.
The colour problem wont creep in because hyundai provides its authorized service stations with the same colour which is used during manufacture.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
@Barcode, There is no way you will get a new car, but get them to change the part with a new part and not a patch work. Why do you want to repaint and lose the value of your car for no fault of yours?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Sorry for the sad incidence !! New car for Service itches seems very un-realsitec to me. Though changing the part rather then patching it up seems very realstic and can be acceptable with Service staff without any major hickups.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit.jhamb View Post
sorry for your car. i think the best would be to ensure that your insurance is not touched.ask them to paint the portion,they will do it.
best of luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by alstonvaz View Post
Sorry to hear about the damage.You can ask them to replace the bonnet and fender instead of repairing it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Ask them to replace and not repair the parts they screwed up. Do not accept any repairs, also get a written statement from them accepting the responsibility for the crash.
Thanks everyone! Well they are not ready to give a written statement... Insurance would not be touched...

They are willing to re-paint the entire bonnet and entire fender...

From the pics you can see these are very very minor bumps... But heartbreaking nevertheless!

Now they are not replacing the part, and the service advisor says it is easier to get to know if the part is replaced as some "sealing" is not perfect... Versus a repainted bonnet where the sealing remains intact... Any clues on this one?

Service Advisor also claims that quality would not be great as earlier... What if the job doesn't turn out to be good? Should I talk to the paint guy at Hyundai Motor Plaza myself?

I am also thinking I should push them to repaint my rear bumper (free of cost) that has one scratch Good idea?

Anyone know anybody who got part replaced... and some one who got painting done?

Man this is really irritating me now... Everyday in the morning I am seeing this dent... and getting irked beyond belief... I never knew it would get to me so badly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
sorry for that barcode!! hope you get her back as good as new at the earliest.
Thanks dude ... I saw what the Ajmer trip did to your car... Did the tyre bulge get fixed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTO_CRAZY View Post
escalate to higher-ups , atleast it will help in avoiding repeated complainin
Do you know someone I can escalate to at Hyundai Motors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkEraser View Post
... or may be, I will kill someone
You exactly know how it feels Dark Eraser!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Did you checked the terms and condition on the reverse of the JOb card given to you? The very first point says (atleast one from GM), we are leaving it for service at our (own) risk.
Yeah this is the worst thing I read ever!!

Last edited by barcode : 14th October 2008 at 20:37. Reason: typos
Old 14th October 2008, 20:46   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

They will NOT replace it. 100%. They are offering to repaint it free of cost. I suggest you take the offer asap so you dont have to see that dent in the mornings and ruin your mornings.

I agree they made a mistake, but the let the punishment fit the crime!! If the dents were very big, then you would have been justified in asking for them to replace it.

Sorry buddy :(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks