Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2012, 22:25   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Calling Trivandrum BHPians for info on local workshops

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
My experience with color wheels ....

not too happy with their work..
I'd like to take that back. I needed to get a lot of painting done on my indica -
1. the hatch door had rusted and had a leak elsewhere that needed that to be taken care of
2. front bumper was broken
3. a scorpio with a crash guard had left a deep scratch along the rear door and quarter panel.

My regular workshop quoted me 14k for all the bodywork + some painting + rubbing for everything else. was not too sure about their work - they dont have a booth and I preferred someone with a booth

Mohandas motors (TASC) initially quoted 18k (including an insurance claim) which suddenly became 30k when I showed up to leave the car there. Suffice to say I left there in a hurry

These guys (colour wheels) quoted 12k For all the bodywork + wheel arches and running boards + ORVM's .Seeing the low estimate, I asked them to paint the rear bumper, do an underbody coating and polish the rest of the car and paint the rims black. the final estimate came to 16.5k

They took a little over a week, and though there were a few hiccups, the end result was fabulous. The car looks stunning (and hides its 5 years very well).
The final amount was 15k. I think they asked me at least 3 times if I was happy with the job before giving me the keys, and yes, I was very happy. They did everything I wanted, and a little more, better and cheaper than anywhere else. These guys have finally won my vote !

Last edited by greenhorn : 16th May 2012 at 22:27.
greenhorn is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2012, 21:26   #17
BHPian

Can someone please tell me where is Color wheels located exactly in enjakkal
Old 10th June 2012, 00:16   #18
Senior - BHPian

keep going towards kovalam on the byepass from chakka. half a km before enchakkal jn, there is a hyundai show room, then a petrol pump, then some 2nd hand car lot. Color wheels is a little after that
greenhorn is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2015, 20:47   #19
Senior - BHPian

does anyone have the updated contact number for color wheels?
They're not reachable at their old number. Are they still there?
Old 16th May 2020, 09:32   #20
BHPian

It's 2020 and I'm looking for a reliable local FNG or workshop for my Rapid in Tvm. Any suggestions welcome. Thank you.
Old 15th March 2021, 08:00   #21
Senior - BHPian

Re: Calling Trivandrum BHPians for info on local workshops

Bump - anyone has any FNG recommendations?
Old 11th July 2021, 12:42   #22
BHPian

Re: Calling Trivandrum BHPians for info on local workshops

TL/DR : I urgently need help in procuring a spare battery to pick up my car and drive it to my home tomorrow.(7 Kms). The car has to be moved for cutting some trees that are posing a risk in heavy rain.

Are there any battery shops providing loaner batteries for rent in Trivandrum?

My car had a breakdown due to a bad battery. I had to leave the car at my cousin's house as almost all shops had closed by that time. The next day, I gave the battery to the Exide dealer and the battery has been with them waiting for warranty replacement. These people do not have a spare battery to give. Calling Exide care was of no use. They are asking me to contact the same irresponsible and absolutely unprofessional authorized dealer to provide the battery. The dealer does not have a single loaner battery and is taking more than a week to process the warranty claim. I've decided to stay away from Exide for the rest of my life. I've never had to deal with such idiots in my whole life. I'll most probably let go of the free replacement and get some other make.

Last edited by --gKrish-- : 11th July 2021 at 12:44.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks