Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2009, 11:36   #16
Senior - BHPian

You have been "Skodafied"

On a serious note, co-ordination seems to be a big issue with servicing now a days. I had a problem with booking of service and again, problems with driver picking up and delivering the car when I last got my service done at Concorde Motors for my Palio. However, the service was done well.
Old 20th May 2009, 11:54   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
I like the thread title. Skoda is getting a new meaning.
Actually comparing this experience with what Skoda Service centers do, in a way is praising Skoda.

To call that you have been "Skoda'd" (on the lines of bangalored)
a. Your car must stay in the service center for atleast 6 months.
b. Atleast half of your perfectly working car parts must be replaced by fake/damaged parts from other cars.
Note: You can claim to be "Super Skoda'd" if you get threatening calls/legal notice for talking about your experience.

Regards,
Old 20th May 2009, 11:59   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

I have experienced Hyundai service exclusively at the Hyundai Motor Plaza over the last 4-1/2 years. Never been to any dealer, and never to any other mechanic during the validity of the 4 yr/80k km warranty.

Surprisingly, I have seen a rather remarkable change in attitude at the workshop over the last 10-11 months (since June-July '08). Shoddy workmanship, poorer quality of cleaning, car delivered with loose wheel nuts or sump guard shield not fitted, and a host of other niggles that were never there in the previous years.

In addition, Hyundai doesn't keep promises relating to its Customer Referral Program. A number of times, earlier, I have received free service coupons for referring others. The last time, in Dec. '08, HMP came up with the offer of a free service coupon and a wristwatch as a gift to referrers. A friend bought an i10 Asta Kappa through this reference - HMP promised that the gifts would be couriered, and over 5 months and an equal number of emails later, they do not even reply!

The icing on the cake? This friend's i10 clutch burnt out at 3,500 km, and HMP tried to make him pay for it. He finally paid part of the cost after a lot of argument.

I'll put up the email exchange with Hyundai CR shortly.
Old 20th May 2009, 12:47   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post

The icing on the cake? This friend's i10 clutch burnt out at 3,500 km, and HMP tried to make him pay for it. He finally paid part of the cost after a lot of argument.

Clutch burn out at 3.5 k kms what the heck ! this is an outright candidate for warranty replacement and that too free of charge , there is no freakin way the clutch can burn out on a spanking new petrol car that easily.

Will wait for your updates , but believe me you can take this to the consumer court and recover the charges and money for the hassles caused.
Old 20th May 2009, 12:48   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
No response received since the last email dated 11 May 2009.
Quote:
Date: Monday, May 11, 2009 12:13 PM
To: cr@hmil.net
Subject: Re: complaint ID I-19608924

Sir:

One month has passed by after the last complaint, and I was given a complaint ID of I-19608924, with assurances that the matter would be settled soon. No action has been taken since.

Please expedite, or deny in writing that I am eligible for HMIL's customer rewards programme.

Yours sincerely,

<<SS>>
--------------------------------------

Date: Saturday, April 11, 2009 5:57 PM
Subject: Re: Poor service & behaviour at HMP Delhi

Sir:

I would like to draw your attention to the following complaint lodged with you on 2 February 2009, as per a --- copy of email below.

The customer referral reward as per the Company program promised by you has not reached me yet, even after 4 months, despite assurances at the HMP showroom that the same would be sent to me "soon".

Kindly address this issue ASAP.

Yours sincerely,

<<SS>>
-------------------------------------------

Date: Monday, February 02, 2009 9:26 AM
Subject: Poor service & behaviour at HMP Delhi

Sir:
It appears that HMP Delhi is consistently doing shoddy and substandard work in the name of servicing. My Accent Viva CRDi, reg. no. DL<<xxxx>>, was serviced on 30-Jan-09 and returned on 31-Jan-09. On reaching home I discovered that the under-engine metal and plastic guard plates had not been fitted back, and were lying in the boot.

On calling my service advisor Naresh Pal, I was told by him that arrangements would be made to have the plates fixed back at my residence, and that I would need to call your helpline number 9811117777 and ask for the same. Naresh mentioned that he would also pass on the request to the helpline people.

On calling the helpline, I was rudely told that I am located too far away for them to do the job, and I should take the car to any nearby garage to have the plates fixed back.

This is an utterly ridiculous proposition, in that I am being made to suffer as a customer and asked to go to any garage to have my work completed, because HMP Service Centre has been negligent and callous in finishing the work.

In the past as well, shoddy work by HMP has resulted in my discovering loose wheel nuts and a leaking injector pipe spilling diesel. Verbal complaints had been lodged at that time with Mr. <<xxx>>, Customer Care Manager at the HMP Service Centre, and I was promised such recurrences will not happen.

In addition, HMP promised to reward old customers for referrals with a free service coupon and a wrist watch. I had referred a customer (Dr. <<--->>) who had purchased an i10 Asta from HMP on 10-Dec-08 through sales advisor Pramod. I am yet to receive the reward after almost two months, and on enquiry with Pramod on 31-Jan-09 I was told it will take more time.

In the current scenario, I, a committed and faithful Hyundai customer, am losing faith in the company, since I do not get the impeccable service I have received earlier, redressal of my complaints is not done at all, the car is delivered after service in a risky condition, and I am not even rewarded for customer referrals as promised.

I hope action will be taken ASAP and my complaints redressed as required.

Regards,

<<SS>>

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 20th May 2009 at 12:56. Reason: Removed text formatting
Old 20th May 2009, 13:32   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
Clutch burn out at 3.5 k kms what the heck !
My b-i-l had his Santro's clutch burnt out at around that mark. He had to shell out 6k from his pocket.
Old 20th May 2009, 15:35   #22
Senior - BHPian

Tejas, I hope you know that the HMP Service Center opposite Cotton Green is no good either.

A colleague had gone there for a routine 80,000 kms service of his Santro. Cost estimate at the time of dropping the car was Rs 4,500 and timeline promised was 2 days.

Over the next 2 days, this figure magically ballooned to Rs 45,000 and time line got bloated to 5-7 days. It seems the service advisor/mechanics kept discovering some part that needed to be replaced every hour. How, is a big mystery to me.

Having seen such an experience close up, I am still hunting around for a good, company owned/authorized service center, which does as it is told and doesn't charge excessively. In fact I have posted my query thrice in other threads, but did not get any response.

Being new to Mumbai is one of my problems and thats why for the last 1 year, I have stuck to a private garage (owned and managed actively by a senior Paris gentleman) where all my company cars go.
Old 20th May 2009, 16:00   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
I am still hunting around for a good, company owned/authorized service center, which does as it is told and doesn't charge excessively.
for the last 1 year, I have stuck to a private garage (owned and managed actively by a senior Paris gentleman) where all my company cars go.
Hitting a good private garage it is as good as attaining Nirvana.As long as you can source genuine spares,don't bother about these authorised workshops.
Old 19th May 2010, 20:49   #24
BHPian

I discovered this thread pretty late. Tejas, just curious to know what happened to your case finally? Is your FE back to normal? Did they compensate back in any way for all the mental agony you faced?

I guess the Hyundai service centers at Bangalore are slightly better. The one I visit (Advaith on Mission Road), has not given me any problems till now - in terms of the quality of work or the delivery time. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 10th August 2010, 17:52   #25
BHPian

where to go in mumbai for hyundai then

I read through all posts & other threads as well. No clear indication on the trustworthiness & effectiveness of carnation chembur as well.
I have 2 year old i10 I got down from bangalore.
Where would you recommend me to take it?

P.S. its out of warranty now
Old 15th August 2010, 00:36   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

That's what happens if you don't use a Jeep, right Tejas? .

Dear all - on a serious note, I just saw this thread and I had to reply. I would request you all to please read my reply on page 4 of Muneemm's thread on his experience as a sales person in a Tata Fiat dealership in South India. The comments that I have made there hold completely true here also.

I clearly see a fantastic business opportunity here.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 29th December 2012, 12:43   #27
BHPian

Re: Incompetent Jay Bharat Hyundai dealership

Jaybharat is now Pramukh.

Went there yesterday to see an Elantra as we are interested in 02 new sets of wheels for the company. They didn't have it on display & it was expected in on Monday. No Prob there.

Received a call today from the showroom that it's available right now for a test drive, and I should come over immediatly. I informed the lady that I can't just drop everything and hop over, I was rudely told that "I am not forcing you to come here, you came to our showroom". I politely told her there is no reason to be rude and she just shut the phone on me!! So I called back and spoke to their Cust. Rel. Manager and bought to her attention the behavior of the sales person and informed her that this attitude just lost them 02 sales. I don't think this will make much of a difference to them, but it did make a huge difference to me.

I have NEVER EVER seen such attitude from a salesperson at a car dealership. Only God and the bosses at this place know what keeps it running!!!

I'm glad I got to see their attitude to a Customer before I bought a vehicle from them, and not after!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks