Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2009, 16:06   #46
srinivas9446

Guys,

I can confirm The LEVER play in the logan diesel & petrol, since i had a logan petrol earlier and my close friend had diesel.

We both infact had had a word about with technical guys from NASHIK logan factory about this when they had visited Bangalore.

They had confirmed that this PLAY is done at the factory level for arresting the transmission vibration from getting to the lever and further to the hand.

They also asked us to hold the lever tight from moving, which we did, which resulted in the vibration from getting on to our hands.

as such there is nothing to worry about this, since its done by the factory guys.

But here in the forum, we have seen different information from our guys, so its worthwhile to get the PLAY CHECKED PROPERLY

Old 13th August 2009, 16:31   #47
Senior - BHPian

Cliff, your post was an eye opener for me. I was planning to book a Punto in the near future. But I would be nuts to go anywhere near Fiat after reading about your experiences. Fiat's problems appear to be too deep rooted and institutional to be fixed. What is baffling is that Fiat can't even take care of these issues when they are selling only 2000 odd cars a month whereas Maruti is seemingly able to do a fantastic job at 80,000 a month levels.
Old 13th August 2009, 16:53   #48
Senior - BHPian

@Srinivas-
I think i need to check out this 'PLAY' again to confirm.
This sunday will try to visit showroom again and TD punto to be sure about this.
Old 13th August 2009, 16:58   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Cliff, your post was an eye opener for me. I was planning to book a Punto in the near future. But I would be nuts to go anywhere near Fiat after reading about your experiences. Fiat's problems appear to be too deep rooted and institutional to be fixed. What is baffling is that Fiat can't even take care of these issues when they are selling only 2000 odd cars a month whereas Maruti is seemingly able to do a fantastic job at 80,000 a month levels.
If Fiat people are saying that some things are normal and common, it must be. Without simply taking expert opinion and without an open mind to listen to what Fiat has to say, if one simply keeps about complaining, what else can be expected? Manufacturer is expected to plead with the customer to buy it? I don't think so.

At this point we have two opinions: customer thinks it is not normal and manufacturer thinks it is normal. Now, time to take a neutral expert opinion and also check other manufacturers car. And mind you, how many of those Maruti buyers would be doing this dissection of a new car?
Old 13th August 2009, 17:11   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivas9446 View Post
harry,

i have seen the GEAR LEVER PLAY in the following of my friend cars,

1) VERNA DIESEL
2) PUNTO & LINEA DIESEL
3) LOGAN PETROL, DIESEL
4) SCORPIO
5) TATA INDIGO CS
6) MARUTI ZEN.
7) TOYOTA INNOVA.
8) Xylo

Cliff,

pls do keep me informed if you get the lever play arrested.it will be a learning to me if you give the details of how you got it rectified.i can pass on the information to my friends.

bye
Please add Ritz (diesel) and Ford Fusion (diesel) to this, in Ritz, the play is visible in third gear and this is a known behavior. Hence, i dont think this is a big problem unless and until the play is very large.
Old 13th August 2009, 17:11   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
1.The mechanics have absolutely zero knowledge on the car. Did Fiat train them at all? Have they been trained how to handle a car?

2.The handling of a new car was totally unprofessional and unacceptable; I just couldn’t see the car being tattered.

3.The replies from the mechanics were rude, they did not know what they were doing and if I question, they reply with a strong “It’s common”.

4.Neither my bonnet problem nor my gear problem got resolved and at the end I just wasted 3hrs with some insane people.

I just want to know, Is Fiat & Tata listening?

I don’t want to regret my decision of buying a Punto which I took against many of my well-wishers, I hope due action is taken on this and the problems gets sorted out.
Quote:
i have seen the GEAR LEVER PLAY in the following of my friend cars,
6) MARUTI ZEN.
7) TOYOTA INNOVA.
1) Not a new thing, there are many posts on TBHP throwing light on poor treatment given to Fiat prospective customer and the mechanics being ill informed about the entire car.
Whatever good things people have to say, I will not trust Fiat A.S & S. unless and untill they come up with their own channel.

2) This is again a sad reality at most of the places. I never fully floor the throttle of Baleno unless on NE-1 or when overtaking. While taking the car inside dealership gate ( a distance of 20m approx with on 90 deg turn ), a Maruti mechanic fully floored the throttle. I did give him a blast, but I am sure its of no use. Just go to any dealership and most ( more than 98% ) of the time cars are managed badly.
But what you have mentioned is horrible.

3) They are like " sadakchap mavalis and gundaas ". They believe they know what is the best for our cars. They dont even know how to use tools. They first use size 13 ring spanner that will not be able to grip the nut, then after a few trials they will use size 12. The surface of nut is damaged. This is just a small example. I asked them a simple question " how to adjust baleno headlights " and he replied " we know how to do it ". Right now our Baleno is not usable in nights.

4) May be Fiat cars are so well engineered and build that the bonnet need not be opened. Jokes apart, the mechanism is simple IMHO. You can yourself try to repair it. I have repaired the M800 one. But not having knowledge of Fiat Punto.

Do you think Tata and Fiat even tried to hear out once ? If they had, then your negative review would be absent.

Last but not the least : Almost all dealerships are behaving badly unless you are confident and well informed. This is true all over India and applicable for all car brands. I was the one to think high for Maruti but after a good discussion with the service center people, I am not satisfied. The quality of mechanics all over is not good and I am sure of this. They behave as invincible humans and sometimes dont even have human touch. Very low thinking is common.

I suggest you call Fiat again and blast your dealer along with mechanic. Be rough and for a few moments forget that they are humans. This way atelast they will treat cars better. I have implemented this successfully.

6 and 7) I have driven both the car and did not find play.
Old 13th August 2009, 18:13   #52
Senior - BHPian

@aaggoswami- I agree with your views. Its true with most of the dealerships around and best way is to write a complaint to higher management. Most of the times that gets the required job done upto your satisfaction.

I am quiet curious about the 'PLAY' now.
In fact i had not noticed this in my Indigo Lx also.
Is it because i am more focused on the road or what i dont know, quiet perplexed!
I believe i need to drive few cars in the list again to determine this.
Old 13th August 2009, 21:21   #53
srinivas9446

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
@Srinivas-
I think i need to check out this 'PLAY' again to confirm.
This sunday will try to visit showroom again and TD punto to be sure about this.

Yes harry,

You are right.

i think you should do it, it will be nice to know more about this

My Mechanical engineering background demands that i should know more about this.

Your valuable imputs are awaited.

Pls do let me know.

Old 13th August 2009, 21:36   #54
srinivas9446

3) They are like " sadakchap mavalis and gundaas ". They believe they know what is the best for our cars. They dont even know how to use tools. They first use size 13 ring spanner that will not be able to grip the nut, then after a few trials they will use size 12. The surface of nut is damaged. This is just a small example. I asked them a simple question " how to adjust baleno headlights " and he replied " we know how to do it ". Right now our Baleno is not usable in nights.

well swami,

of all these years of me owning a car, i have never ever been treated badly by anybody , come may my first car which was a PAL....second being a 800, then a logan and now a ANHC...

the only bad experience was when my ANHC's bumper got damaged...personally i felt that it has happened because of carelessness....but then these things would have happened if i had parked my car somewhere...these issues get compensated when the dealer accepts the mistake and apologizes..isnt it..

if one wants to SOLVE A PROBLEM AS A STUDENT...HE OR SHE SHOULD REQUEST THE TEACHER TO TEACH, how to solve the probelm !

Old 13th August 2009, 21:41   #55
srinivas9446

I suggest you call Fiat again and blast your dealer along with mechanic. Be rough and for a few moments forget that they are humans. This way atelast they will treat cars better. I have implemented this successfully.

6 and 7) I have driven both the car and did not find play.[/quote]

i personally dont believe in being rough or whatever...the thing is that they shoudl treat us as human when we go to them again for reasons, which may take us to them.

Try and do things smartly. smoothly, nicely rather roughly...

EVEN A DRIED STICK ON ROAD WILL BE OF USE SOMETIME IN OUR LIVES !

Old 14th August 2009, 00:05   #56
Senior - BHPian

OT, but a hint on real problems.

Quote:
1) well swami,

2) of all these years of me owning a car, i have never ever been treated badly by anybody , come may my first car which was a PAL....second being a 800, then a logan and now a ANHC...

if one wants to SOLVE A PROBLEM AS A STUDENT...HE OR SHE SHOULD REQUEST THE TEACHER TO TEACH, how to solve the probelm !
1) You can call me Fire from aag ( goswami ).

2) Good to see this. Well my grandfather and dad's younger brother did not have any issue till they changed the dealer because the earlier one did not have yearly contracts.
But what I am posting is from what I have experienced. This is true all at most places in A'bad. I think I dont have any ways to find out correct place or may be my bad luck, but things wont work right for me. Bajaj I had a physical fight with service manager as I was threatened that if I do this, then he will do that, etc.

The problem is that even if I am polite at places, the work is not done as per my satisfaction. This is not digestable to me. And I am not making a blanket statement. There is a small percentage that are good, but not most.

I hate to spend my energy in fighting, but then when the car becomes useless after they make things worse, I have to react. Why floor the car for 20m ? I suggest you again have a look at the dealership and see how they treat cars.

Quote:
i personally dont believe in being rough or whatever...the thing is that they shoudl treat us as human when we go to them again for reasons, which may take us to them.

Try and do things smartly. smoothly, nicely rather roughly...

EVEN A DRIED STICK ON ROAD WILL BE OF USE SOMETIME IN OUR LIVES !
I have tried many ways, the only way things work best is fighting.
Example : I ask for the suspension to be looked into. The car came out without the problem solved. Earlier the oil was not changed when we had asked them to do so.
Why ?
Asked them to make headlight adjustment what they gave me back ?

On expresshigway at 6 pm I called service center
Me : I had given Baleno No. XX-XXX-XXXX on XX of July. I had asked for proper headlight setup. It has gone worse. Is there any way I can work on it now so that I can return home safely ?
Service center : Bring car here.
Me : But I cannot drive after 1 hour. Setting are bad. Atleast give me some clue and let us make an attempt.
Service Center : Bring car here, you dont know, these are complex cars.
Me : I had instructed for the headlamps to be set such that they go further up, you made mistake, so atleast now help me. One attemt. It wont take more than 5 mins.
Service Center : Sir, you dont understand. I cannot give instructions. You dont know you car sir. We service them. You mess up with the car like this and then bring car here. Its trouble for us.
Do you even know these is automatic headlamp switch that you have to adjust ? Its on left of steering wheel.
Bring car here and sir dont call like this. We are not free.

The headlights were set such that the visibiltiy is around 10 mtrs at highest position in high beam.
What would you do then ?
Since last three service they are making errors.
Old 14th August 2009, 10:08   #57
srinivas9446

well goswami.

i am really sorry for you..it seems that you are coming across only people who are not hearing to your grouses.

i have read in a book that "TOUGH THINGS COME TO GOOD PEOPLE, SO THAT THEY BECOME GEMS BY SOLVING IT "

Now, lets wait till harry has the test drive again & gives us the feedback, so that we get to the bottom of this GEAR SHIFTER PLAY

Take care !

Old 14th August 2009, 11:53   #58
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
OT, but a hint on real problems.

I have tried many ways, the only way things work best is fighting.
Example : I ask for the suspension to be looked into. The car came out without the problem solved. Earlier the oil was not changed when we had asked them to do so.
Why ?
Asked them to make headlight adjustment what they gave me back ?

On expresshigway at 6 pm I called service center
Me : I had given Baleno No. XX-XXX-XXXX on XX of July. I had asked for proper headlight setup. It has gone worse. Is there any way I can work on it now so that I can return home safely ?
Service center : Bring car here.
Me : But I cannot drive after 1 hour. Setting are bad. Atleast give me some clue and let us make an attempt.
Service Center : Bring car here, you dont know, these are complex cars.
Me : I had instructed for the headlamps to be set such that they go further up, you made mistake, so atleast now help me. One attemt. It wont take more than 5 mins.
Service Center : Sir, you dont understand. I cannot give instructions. You dont know you car sir. We service them. You mess up with the car like this and then bring car here. Its trouble for us.
Do you even know these is automatic headlamp switch that you have to adjust ? Its on left of steering wheel.
Bring car here and sir dont call like this. We are not free.

The headlights were set such that the visibiltiy is around 10 mtrs at highest position in high beam.
What would you do then ?
Since last three service they are making errors.
This conversation is shocking. Especially - dont call like this. We are not free.
Old 14th August 2009, 13:04   #59
Senior - BHPian

What is this gear lever play everyone is talking about? Do you guys mean the constant shivering of the lever at all speeds? I have noticed that in the Qualis, Innova and Scorpio.

As for my Punto, the gear lever is rock steady. There is no shivering, play or movement at any speed. Ditto in the SX4 and Palio S10. Why don't you write to Mangesh and Kaushik or go to another dealer?
Old 14th August 2009, 13:36   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
What is this gear lever play everyone is talking about? Do you guys mean the constant shivering of the lever at all speeds? I have noticed that in the Qualis, Innova and Scorpio.

As for my Punto, the gear lever is rock steady. There is no shivering, play or movement at any speed. Ditto in the SX4 and Palio S10. Why don't you write to Mangesh and Kaushik or go to another dealer?
Yes Amit we are talking about that only.
So along with me you have also not noticed any 'play'.
Other Punto owners also confirm please.
I had noticed this shivering mainly in Indica and a bit in swift.

@Aag- Swami - The conversation is shocking!
We are not free and dont call like this
Then why the hell they give service center numbers!

People ridicule Tata service a lot but this has not happened to us ever.
So this means pointing one maker is pointless as there are such idiots in many service centers irrespective of which brand it is.

Last edited by harry10 : 14th August 2009 at 13:38.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks