Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2009, 15:51   #1
BHPian

Toyota dealerships : Do all of them use a standard template for their websites?

Just happened to browse through 2 Toyota dealers in Bangalore ( Nandi and ravindu), both of these dealerships has exact same website design.

Now, to confirm this , searched for Nippon Toyota website. They too have the same website design

Now , is this enforced by Toyota ?
Old 17th August 2009, 17:46   #2
Senior - BHPian

Go through the Delhi dealer websites and you may find their sites similar too.

Galaxy Toyota
Uttam Toyota
Old 17th August 2009, 18:10   #3
Team-BHP Support

Forget the websites. Even the showroom designs are governed by Toyota. All the showrooms have to be of a similar layout.
Old 17th August 2009, 18:21   #4
Senior - BHPian

I have immense respect for Toyota as a company.... and I wont be surprised if this indeed is the case. Typically meticulous Toyota!
Old 17th August 2009, 22:55   #5
Senior - BHPian

Most of the staff at their Mumbai outfits are grossly incapable of selling cars though. Never yawn wider when the Corolla goes for service. It's like no one cares. Everyone's doing a 9-5.
Old 18th August 2009, 09:21   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Most of the staff at their Mumbai outfits are grossly incapable of selling cars though. Never yawn wider when the Corolla goes for service. It's like no one cares. Everyone's doing a 9-5.
In that case, do write to Toyota from their website. I have nothing to do with Toyota, except owning a Corolla, and writing to them about this attitude will most likely be productive.
Old 18th August 2009, 10:17   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
In that case, do write to Toyota from their website. I have nothing to do with Toyota, except owning a Corolla, and writing to them about this attitude will most likely be productive.
I don't know whether I should actually, it's nothing serious frankly. It's just that when I go into Honda or even Hyundai, the staff there is actually interested in trying to convince me to buy the car that very instant. The way they try to explain every feature to you, compare with the competition (even if they're not always honest)... you know what I'm trying to say? Mostly young or middle-aged, energetic staff committed towards their target of selling cars. At Toyota, I usually find tired, unenthusiastic middle-aged salaried employees with hardly any drive towards pushing customers to buy their cars.

Maybe it's just my opinion, but it's not healthy for the brand.
Old 18th August 2009, 10:27   #8
Senior - BHPian

I was commenting on after sales. But writing should help also in pre-sales. In Delhi however, dealers seem to be more interested with everyone giving a home TD at any time, and replying to calls. In Delhi, the situation is reverse (at least was when I bought my car in 2007) with Honda dealers not interested at all (had to write to Honda after a dealer did not reply to 2-3 calls).

Perhaps Toyota needs to know about this.
Old 18th August 2009, 10:35   #9
Senior - BHPian

Oh, right. I don't have a problem with their service, except that they have to be pushed once in a while. Sales though, I'll consider giving in some customer feedback.
Old 18th August 2009, 10:50   #10
Senior - BHPian

I do not know what your experience would be, but I have found Toyota and Honda to very quick in responding, and more importantly, following up from calling you to calling the dealer. In fact, in Delhi, dealers go to a substantially higher plane after receiving the `call'. Hope you have the same experience.

Last edited by vasudeva : 18th August 2009 at 10:51.
Old 18th August 2009, 16:20   #11
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Vasudeva! Will try it. Meanwhile, this thread has gone off-topic because of me. My sincere apologies.
Old 18th August 2009, 16:23   #12
BANNED

It is quite likely that as per corporate policy they may all have to use the same template.
Old 19th August 2009, 14:37   #13
Team-BHP Support

joecherian,

Every big brand has guidelines as to how their brand is portrayed, what sizes their logo can be printed, how large the accompanying text is allowed to be, what fonts are to be used, etc etc etc

Infact Mcdonalds even has guidelines for exactly what weight range is allowable for their burger patty, and perhaps even how many gherkin slices you get inside your burger.

Heres an example of their logo usage guidelines : Brand Identity: McDonald's (scroll down to see the presentation)

Toyota having a design template for their websites not only makes huge sense in terms of brand consistency and recognition - but also in terms of costs (ie no need for every new website to be redesigned)!

cya
R
Old 19th August 2009, 16:47   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Toyota having a design template for their websites not only makes huge sense in terms of brand consistency and recognition - but also in terms of costs (ie no need for every new website to be redesigned)!
Thing is, their template is terribly boring! Just look at the Toyota India (Bharat) website. Yawn!
Old 19th August 2009, 17:30   #15
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Asian sites are broadly similar. US and Japanese sites are a lot better with lots of info. and clicks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks