Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2009, 16:13   #31
Senior - BHPian

I hope no hidden issues prop up after a while in your car! All the best.

When buying a car, one should go with the assumption that the dealer is a crook. No matter what company it is.
Old 19th August 2009, 16:14   #32

Enjoy the Bold Punto , and this would be complete if you can post the dealers name. Generally attitude of the dealer does not change with this incident unless we give back him in the same plate and make him shameless to the world. Whenever you visit him do tell him that his days are counted .
Old 19th August 2009, 16:17   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivas9446 View Post
Rajini,

horrible experience...i must say.

First of all, this episode is very hard to believe....will any dealer have so much audacity to do such things with the car from a buyer who has paid in full?

You shouldn't have NOT taken delivery of the car man...why did you take it all...is there any mistakes from your side--just confirming..

I wouldn't have at all costs taken delivery of the car ! come what may !

why did you take delivery of the car if you took, before the letter was given, what had you drafted in this letter...i feel this episode is LITTLE bit half-baked...what was the letter supposed to have had.

i feel its ok, if the ODO is 100 KMS absolutely, as such there is no HARD AND FAST RULE THAT it should not be 100kms..

by the way..what is stopping you from namimg the dealer ? you will help our guys from approaching them to buy a car...isnt it a noble cause ?

Would you mind clarifying all these please ?
First of all, this episode is very hard to believe....will any dealer have so much audacity to do such things with the car from a buyer who has paid in full?

Happens seth!As you can see!

You shouldn't have NOT taken delivery of the car man...why did you take it all...is there any mistakes from your side--just confirming..

Hmmm what mistake can be from my side?!Except I paid in full trusting them!

I wouldn't have at all costs taken delivery of the car ! come what may !

I enquired at my work place.It was letting the car stay at the dealer shop and maybe get it in more harms way or taking it home and as i said didnt want to make an issue for my wifes sake.

why did you take delivery of the car if you took, before the letter was given, what had you drafted in this letter...i feel this episode is LITTLE bit half-baked...what was the letter supposed to have had.
The letter was supposed to have been given on monday but it wasnt.The letter just states that for the next 2 yrs, tafe and fiat take responsibility of the car leaving out accidental and usual service checks.This letter is just for our peace of mind.It also says if any repainting/repair work has been carriedout on the car prior to delivery then I could take action as desired by me.

by the way..what is stopping you from namimg the dealer ? you will help our guys from approaching them to buy a car...isnt it a noble cause ?

The posts not approved yet -- the dealer is TAFE

Would you mind clarifying all these please ?[/quote]
Old 19th August 2009, 16:18   #34
J.Ravi

Shocked to the core to hear this experience. This sort of behaviour will drive away the prospective Fiat Linea/Punto buyers to other brands. Fiat should take proper action against these unscrupulous dealerships.

Old 19th August 2009, 16:19   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Stay away from FIAT India, if you want piece of mind.
You got it wrong!

Stay away from dealers who are crooks!

Rajinibm, please name the dealer?
Old 19th August 2009, 16:21   #36
BHPian

I couldnt understand what prevents you from mentioning the dealer name and all guys who you have interacted with.

The prospective buyers can be cautious with these guys.

Thanks.
Nag
Old 19th August 2009, 16:25   #37
Senior - BHPian

. At times very good products fail, mainly due to wrong dealer practices.
Old 19th August 2009, 16:25   #38
BHPian

@McLaren Rulez
Thanks for your wishes!

@ Gilead
Whats with TAFE?Everyones seems to take a guess and hit the target bang on!!

@ amitoj
No issues yet!The day after the delivery.While I was driving, the car suddenly gave a jerk and stopped and the engine coolant temperature gauge reached the red mark and gave a warning sound.The car stopped and in a couple of seconds the gauge was back to normal and i started the car and drove again!It has never happened again!Apart from this when reversing the car tends to stop even if the clutch is fully depressed.Have to check this out.Else all ok.

Last edited by Rehaan : 19th August 2009 at 16:59. Reason: Formatting tags removed. Please see a thread regarding this in the ANNOUCEMENTS section. Thanks.
Old 19th August 2009, 16:25   #39
Senior - BHPian

Congrats for the car

One thing I've learnt from all this is that we should onl and only take the delivery of the car before 5PM!!

Offtopic -

By the way, is it ethical to use "TeamBHP member" status to make the dealerships serve you better??
Old 19th August 2009, 16:27   #40
BHPian

Dear Rajinibm,

First of all congrats on your new car.

Make a list of issue's you faced during the process & send the same to Fiat India Reginal Manager & Corporate Communication people as well. & specify in the mail that what kind of resolution you need for each also tell them that you want to discuss the resolution part only with Fiat People not with Dealership.

Tell them that u need that the car should undergo a drycleaning process & also u will not take the car to the same dealership & get them rectified & enjoy your car.

As you enjoy your car & service intervals comes up :

Try to get the car serviced from only approved service centre of tata fiat not with dealership as dealership has a main focus on sales not on service.

Thanks & Regards
Old 19th August 2009, 16:28   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
Congrats for the car

Thanks!!

One thing I've learnt from all this is that we should onl and only take the delivery of the car before 5PM!!

True!!

Offtopic -

By the way, is it ethical to use "TeamBHP member" status to make the dealerships serve you better??
No this status makes all of us make everyone aware of the pits he has faced and how others can avoid the same so they dont face the hardships we do sir!
Old 19th August 2009, 16:29   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Offtopic -

There is nothing ethical/unethical here! Remember, being a Team-BHP member does not get you additional discounts, etc.

As being a Team BHP member, you are posing yourself as a knowledgeable customer and you will be writing a review of your buying experience about the dealer on the forum!
Old 19th August 2009, 16:29   #43
Senior - BHPian

Rajini,

Congrats on buying a wonderful machine with light heart

Last edited by Rehaan : 19th August 2009 at 17:28. Reason: Last 3 lines deleted on request.
Old 19th August 2009, 16:30   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ethics and car dealers in the same sentence? Lol, nice one
Old 19th August 2009, 16:32   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats for the car

Offtopic -

That is your call, personally I believe that each and every customer should be treated the same. This highlights a fair company.

Of course, you belong to a community that is very active against such dealer malpractice. Use it for the right cause.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks