Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2009, 09:47   #16
BHPian

I'd cancel the booking as the hurdle is a blessing in disguise. The Jetta has a pumpe duce (PD) engine which is being replaced by April 2010 by the CRDi. VW has already done this for all its PD engines in the US and in the latest model of the Passat in India. As many as 50 US States had imposed penalties on VW's PD enginess because of emission issues. VW discontinued the PD in the US in 2008 and introduced the CRDi in 2009, which I hear is doing well. Why go in for an engine which is being phased out?
Old 2nd September 2009, 11:13   #17
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj53 View Post
Cancel the booking and demand a full refund. Festival season is coming and even better offers will be coming from all manufacturers. Wait for those and buy from another dealer this time.
Second that,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivar1951 View Post
I'd cancel the booking as the hurdle is a blessing in disguise. The Jetta has a pumpe duce (PD) engine which is being replaced by April 2010 by the CRDi. VW has already done this for all its PD engines in the US and in the latest model of the Passat in India. As many as 50 US States had imposed penalties on VW's PD enginess because of emission issues. VW discontinued the PD in the US in 2008 and introduced the CRDi in 2009, which I hear is doing well. Why go in for an engine which is being phased out?
Second this as well.

Besides with the diwali season coming you can bet on getting an even better offer.

Have VW sales been so good in August for them to dicontinue the only good reason to go for their cars?
Old 2nd September 2009, 11:56   #18
BHPian

I suspect the dealer coz your friend did the booking by making a partial payment and any offer during that period stands valid for the customer even if the delivery happens after the offer period.

Great you got a refund. Now wait till April 2010 when VW would launch the CRDi engine.

Everything happens for good.

Last edited by funkydude : 2nd September 2009 at 11:59.
Old 2nd September 2009, 12:21   #19
BHPian

DD VW at Lajpat Naagr is a joke of dealership last saturday I went to them for TD and was informed by the sole sales man their that all cars are busy with a delegation which has come from Germany and no TD is possible he took my no. and promised to send the car to my home for TD and duly took my card since than their has been no response from them . Dmp them and go for Chevy Cruize saw it on Autocar show looks fab.
Old 2nd September 2009, 14:30   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar
But showroom guys can manipulate the things & can raise a PO on the same Use this as a reference.you must have had a strong foot since you own two Passat)
I've spoken to VW India head,see if they can help you.
You can contact her
Mail-ID:ananya.handa@volkswagen.co.in
Mobile: 09769211902.(better to call her,they will never respond to mails)
The dealer doesnt want to help me, they are not even assuring me that they will try to work something out. Thanks for those contact det ails, hope they are correct. Will talk to her and let you know what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj53 View Post
Cancel the booking and demand a full refund. Festival season is coming and even better offers will be coming from all manufacturers. Wait for those and buy from another dealer this time.
akj53,
He was all geared up for this car but wouldnt make a diff if he defers the buying decision for some months. He has a large list of cars and this Jetta was being bought for his son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivar1951 View Post
I'd cancel the booking as the hurdle is a blessing in disguise. The Jetta has a pumpe duce (PD) engine which is being replaced by April 2010 by the CRDi.

I didnt know that, thanks a lot for this info. Will India get the new engines? Though 1.9 PD is a reliable engine but if it gets changed within a year then its bad for the resale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit27 View Post
DD VW at Lajpat Naagr is a joke of dealership last Dmp them and go for Chevy Cruize saw it on Autocar show looks fab.
Everything was smooth when we bought the Passat from them, its only this time that they are frustrating us.
Chevy Cruze- when is it coming? It will be tough to change from VW to Chevrolet for my friend. If the car is exceptionally good then there is a chance.

Till now no call from VW India
Old 2nd September 2009, 14:41   #21
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Move on there are better options. Take a 100% refund and find a more supporting vendor. how about the chevy cruz that is coming soon.
Old 2nd September 2009, 15:17   #22
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest move on to something else if this is the sole dealer for Delhi.
Old 2nd September 2009, 16:18   #23
BHPian

Dude! Get ahead with it. Your friend is paying for the car. The dealer seems to show an attitude as if he is going to give the car for free. Your friend should be in control over here and not the dealer.

Better late than dead - Wait for the CRDi
Old 2nd September 2009, 17:04   #24
Senior - BHPian

One last final attempt

Dont think they will respond again, cmon VW atleast respond.
Mail sent by my friend:

CC:raghavendra.kulkarni@volkswagen.co.in

BCC: jatinder.malhotra@volkswagen.co.in

This is to bring to your notice that we Khurana Builders had booked a Jetta 1.9 tdi manual silver colour with DD auto world pvt.ltd Lagpat Nagar 4 New Delhi on 20th of August 2009 and had paid an advance amount of 50,000 rupees cheque no 4617xx drawn on standard chartered bank against an order form duly singed by representative of DD auto world.

They had given us the delivery date of 25th august 2009 and car was booked under the prevailing scheme. We started pursuing for the delivery since 25 august finally they called us for delivery on thursday 27 august at 2pm & told us to bring in the whole amount of downpayment of Rs 3,30,561/ in form of bankers cheque & take the delivery.We made the bankers cheque 086947 drawn on standard chartered bank on 27 august but they called us again & refused the delivery on the pretext that they have not got the loan approval yet.

They gave us 100% assurance that the car will be delivered to us at any cost before the scheme gets over( no date given). On Friday i.e 28 august we applied the car at Volkswagen West they also assured us that the formalities will be completed by 31 august & the car will be delivered.They got the Loan clearance on 1sr September (Auto loan A/c no 15372174 for Jeta 1.9 Tdi Trend line M HDFC bank). Car delivery was assured by Mr. Harish Chopra but now the dealers are not ready to give us the car under the scheme which it was booked. What is the fault of the customer even the loan process was followed by the dealers only. Kindly please look in to the matter as we already own a Passat and like to add another volkswagen to our fleet of cars.Copies of the advance cheque, bankers cheque & purchase order form can be mailed if needed

Thanking you

D.S.khurana

Last edited by coolboy007 : 2nd September 2009 at 17:16.
Old 2nd September 2009, 19:16   #25
Senior - BHPian

coolboy, should I get in touch with VW Dealer here in Kolkata and try to find out if the offer is still valid?
Old 2nd September 2009, 19:22   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
coolboy, should I get in touch with VW Dealer here in Kolkata and try to find out if the offer is still valid?
Abhi,

I contacted other dealer in new delhi and he gives the same story.
You please check in your city whether they have the scheme.

Either we cancel the booking or wait for a new scheme, thats all we can do.
Old 3rd September 2009, 15:46   #27
BHPian

In June 2009, DD Motors had offered me an interest-free loan, free insurance, etc, on the Jetta Comfortline. Luckily, I heard about the phasing out of the PD engine. So I dropped the offer. I think within the next 12 months we may see the Honda CRV diesel and Accord diesel. It wait may be worth the as I hear the Honda diesels are great. Plus the Jetta CRDi too is on the way.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks