Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2009, 21:04   #1
Senior - BHPian

D.D automotives (VW) cheating or correct on their part- you tell me

My family friend called me one day as they wanted to go for Skoda Laura to add to their fleet of cars, i told them to avoid Skoda and told them about Team bhp and the horror stories here about Skoda A.S.S, i asked them to go and have a look at Jetta. We saw the Jetta and after a nod from everyone he booked a silver Jetta 1.9 TDI from D.D motors, New Delhi.

We asked the dealer for any ongoing schemes from VW and they told us that if we book before 31/8/09 we get:
1. 3 years maintenance free with consumables
2. Loan on just 4.99 %
3. Free insurance

Car (Jetta 1.9 silver color) was booked at D.D automotives pvt limited, Lajpat nagar, New Delhi on 20/8/09 with a booking amount of 50000 in the name of Khurana Builders.

Tentative date of delivery was given as 25/8/09, VW has tie up with Hdfc and Kotak banks for finance. Every document required was subimitted within 2 days. After 25th, when we asked the dealer he said that LOAN IS NOT APPROVED.
After waiting for 5 days, my friend made a complaint in VW west and today he got a message from HDFC about loan approval. Immediately he called the dealer and this is what the dealer says:

1. Last date of scheme was 31/8/09
2. No free insurance
3. No 3 year free warranty.
Dealer just doesnt want to talk to us on this regard, such is his height of proudness that he owns a VW dealership
He is pretty sad and has made up his mind to cancel the booking. Why did the dealer tell us beforehand that 31st is the last date for the scheme

VW is doing this to a guy who already has two VW in his home- Passat.
I need your help, have forwarded a strong worded mail to VW india but will they respond or are they direct copy of Skoda India.
Very bad attitude from VW dealer.
Old 1st September 2009, 21:10   #2
BHPian

I guess VW need not be blamed here. Instead, the dealer is to be blamed. I agree that a dealer can not extend deals beyond set scheme periods but, he/she should have informed you well in advance.

My personal suggestion would be to hold on to the booking for another week or so because you like the car and a particular dealer's behaviour should not deter you from purchase. Additionally, Free Insurance + 3 year AMC has been a very good scheme from VW and has been extended for 3 months consecutively and is more likely to be continued this month.
Old 1st September 2009, 21:13   #3
Team-BHP Support

Lets see what VW have to say first. I think they will respond since they need to enter with a good name
Old 1st September 2009, 21:15   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh51 View Post
Additionally, Free Insurance + 3 year AMC has been a very good scheme from VW and has been extended for 3 months consecutively and is more likely to be continued this month.
Akhilesh,
I have seen ads from VW in papers of 4.99% loans but nowhere they also mentioned that last date is 31 aug unlike other mfr which shout on top of their voice about the last dates.
He likes the car and is waiting for a response from VW india where he has mailed, if he doesnt get any then i may have to start a new thread for him in WHAT CAR section.

Are you sure of Free insurance and 3 year AMC scheme being extended?
EDIT
Both above mentioned Freebies stand cancelled after 30th aug. Will wait for a day for VW to respond, after that will have to find a new car for him.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 1st September 2009 at 21:27.
Old 1st September 2009, 22:59   #5
Senior - BHPian

The dealer may be technically right here. But let's wait and if VW comes up with a goodwill gesture. Or if they come up with any kind of response at all. They are making a volume play here and word of mouth matters a lot.
Old 1st September 2009, 23:13   #6
Senior - BHPian

Gilead

My friend said he will wait till 48 hours tol get a response from VW india. I have seen a member here get Price hike off his Linea after a mail to ceo. VW can surely do it for a man who owns 2 Passat and has booked his car 11 days before scheme ends.

Anyone got any contact details of higher officials of VW india? Their site doesnt even allow sending mail, just leave contact details thats it.
Will keep you updated.
Old 1st September 2009, 23:15   #7
Senior - BHPian

I do not think the scheme is over.

I recieved an email from VW TODAY (1st Sept) about the offer! 4.99 + Insurance + Warranty free.

If anybody requires, PM me and ill forward the email to you...
Old 1st September 2009, 23:19   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Akhilesh,
I have seen ads from VW in papers of 4.99% loans but nowhere they also mentioned that last date is 31 aug unlike other mfr which shout on top of their voice about the last dates.
He likes the car and is waiting for a response from VW india where he has mailed, if he doesnt get any then i may have to start a new thread for him in WHAT CAR section.

Are you sure of Free insurance and 3 year AMC scheme being extended?
EDIT
Both above mentioned Freebies stand cancelled after 30th aug. Will wait for a day for VW to respond, after that will have to find a new car for him.
I remember when I bought Jetta in June, this scheme had just been introduced and at that point I was just considering. Towards the end of month, I received numerous calls to make a final decision or else I would lose the scheme.

In the first week of July, I was told that the scheme was over and they were awaiting communication from VW for new scheme, if any. But guess what, 2nd week and scheme is back. I bought my car in the third week of July and as far as I remember, this scheme carried through to August.

So keep your fingers crossed... coz you can't really blame the dealer except for not reminding you before scheme expired towards end of month.

As a rule of thumb, all schemes in auto sector carry for a calendar month unless specifically mentioned. Also, It takes about 4-5 days in the beginning of month for dealers to receive new scheme instructions.
Old 2nd September 2009, 00:38   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
I do not think the scheme is over.

I recieved an email from VW TODAY (1st Sept) about the offer! 4.99 + Insurance + Warranty free.
Have sent you a PM Abhi. VW cannot be that mad to have sent a offer mail when offer itself has expired. Is the dealer telling lies to us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh51 View Post
But guess what, 2nd week and scheme is back. I bought my car in the third week of July and as far as I remember, this scheme carried through to August.
Have conveyed this to my friend. He is ready to wait for 2 weeks to see if any new scheme comes up. Dealer said that car will start in transit only when full payment is made.

Quote:
So keep your fingers crossed... coz you can't really blame the dealer except for not reminding you before scheme expired towards end of month.
Had a talk with VP sales, they should have told me about last date. To hell with 4.99% loan my friend still would have bought without it. The free insurance and 3 years service costs is a big deal here. Dealer told me we should have seen the ads in paper for last date of scheme, i told him that i will tell VW India if they call me on how you are speaking to me, dont think he cared much.

Quote:
Also, It takes about 4-5 days in the beginning of month for dealers to receive new scheme instructions.
We will now wait for a week or two as you say. What about the cleared loan? If we cancel booking will that also stand cancelled.
Old 2nd September 2009, 00:45   #10
Team-BHP Support

If the car is booked before 31st august and you have given down payment, then I don't see any reason why they can't give you the scheme.

The bangalore VW showroom offered to give me a invoice a day before the expiry date if I paid the downpayment for the Jetta asap even when the offer has expired. They said we will invoice the car a day earlier so you can avail of the company maintenance offer even if delivery is well after the offer expires.
Old 2nd September 2009, 00:59   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
The bangalore VW showroom offered to give me a invoice a day before the expiry date if I paid the downpayment for the Jetta asap even when the offer has expired. They said we will invoice the car a day earlier so you can avail of the company maintenance offer even if delivery is well after the offer expires.
We would have done exactly that had we known the schemes will end on 31st. Downpayment if required wouldnt had been a problem for my friend, the dealer said about 4.99% int scheme and we got lured

Downpayment was not made, we opted for VW 4.99% loan.
I had invoiced my Linea two days before fiat increased 12k on it but i knew the date in my case.
Old 2nd September 2009, 00:59   #12
Senior - BHPian

Other dealer?

I do not like the sound of this dealer. Lose him ASAP. Move to another dealership. If he is the only dealer for VW in your city ask your friend to choose another car. If he likes the VW he might be tempted to buy an Audi instead.

Cheers,
Old 2nd September 2009, 01:03   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Have sent you a PM Abhi. VW cannot be that mad to have sent a offer mail when offer itself has expired. Is the dealer telling lies to us?
Forwarded to you buddy. I got the email on 1st Sept 2009. Forward it to the dealer and ask him what gives...
Old 2nd September 2009, 08:26   #14
Senior - BHPian

Abhi,When we booked Jetta on 31st Aug the offer was there,neither the show guy informed us abt the expiry of offer.
AFAIK even the showroom guys have no idea of when the offer will be availed unless & until they receive a sudden mail from VW to stop the offer.

But showroom guys can manipulate the things & can raise a PO on the same before 31st.(Our car was in transit before the loan processing was done & we paid the advance on the same day,I've got the VIN & Eng no also.Use this as a reference.you must have had a strong foot since you own two Passat)

I've spoken to VW India head,see if they can help you.
You can contact her
Mail-ID:ananya.handa@volkswagen.co.in
Mobile: 09769211902.(better to call her,they will never respond to mails)

Last edited by Ramsagar : 2nd September 2009 at 08:32.
Old 2nd September 2009, 08:33   #15
BHPian

Cancel the booking and demand a full refund. Festival season is coming and even better offers will be coming from all manufacturers. Wait for those and buy from another dealer this time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks