Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2009, 20:48   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX007 View Post
Rajeev Kapoor [CEO] has replied, "Sorry for the delay, I will put someone to look into your problem ASAP."
I hope this is not just a gimmick and someone actually is looking into this issue.

Guess we will know in a day or two. All the best, GTX!
Old 20th October 2009, 11:56   #32
BHPian

Recently i went to RF planning to buy a Vista. I had to got there a couple of times to get the Test Drive of the TDi Vista. This happened even after i told them i'd like to book one ASAP. The attitude of the staff was not encouraging. So i moved to Concorde and finally bought a Vista QJD. From my recent personal experience with the two showrooms, i'd suggest you go with Concorde. They were more ready to listen to me as a customer and the delivery process was smooth.

By the way, this is my first post. Hope mods would approve.
Old 20th October 2009, 12:38   #33
BHPian

Why blame the salesperson DieselAddikt, the whole lot from their MD to sales guys follow the same attitude- Ruthless towards customers.
Until now no information from the dealer. CEO's mail has also yielded no result. No further replies from Fiat authorities too.
Within a day or two I am going to cancel the booking. Moving to Concorde. Hope I wont have such bitter experiences there.

I am posting below an advertisement in today's Malayalam daily given by my beloved dealer,

My dream of owning a Punto sabotaged by RF Motors, Cochin EDIT : Resolved-20102009.jpg

I don't think this is a Diwali Dhamaka for customers. It's an invitation where by putting your hard money in you get mental stress, high blood pressure and a state of getting mad .
Old 20th October 2009, 14:04   #34
Senior - BHPian

Suggest you send back this ad to them with a note that you are going to write to the newspaper, with whom the ad has come, about the full story of your nightmare alongwith all copies of email messages sent to them.
May be you may get a some response?
Thanks
Old 20th October 2009, 16:34   #35
BHPian

This is just a trap to lure unsuspecting customers. What has happened to reassuring mails and calls from Fiat? I think if a dealer decides to play crook, there is nothing a manufacturer can do other than black listing him. Problem here is if Fiat decides to do the same, they willl have to take Tata into confidence. As far as I can see, RF is doing a brisk business in the taxi section of Indica and Indigo. I see a huge number of taxis in Kochi marked with RF motors sticker. So Tata would not like let go of a dealer who is selling numbers.

You need to change your approach and go to consumer court. I am not sure, but you can lodge a complaint with police regarding breach of trust. It is your hard earned money and you have to take the fight to the big fish.
Old 20th October 2009, 17:51   #36
BHPian

GTX007, I can understand your feelings.... I have had bad experiences with RF as well. I had a Palio D which I used to get serviced at RF. they were exceptionally good when they started, and was recommended by Steeroid to me. It was a blessing to find such a delaer.

Then the management changed and everything went kaput. I had to reservice the Palio at TVS to get it back to normal after a service at RF. I now sold the car and have vowed never to go back there again. I had made a small effort to post it in tbhp as well...

Anyways, though luck... try waiting a few more days and then move to the other dealer... dont give up on the great car for a dealer...

Do keep us all updated.
Old 20th October 2009, 18:07   #37
BHPian

Lets hope you get your car before cancelling the booking. I can imagine how it feels when you have put in your hard earned money in something you love and then realize you are stuck with some rutt. Atleast the FIAT guys should have replied by now. Hope for the best anyway.
Old 20th October 2009, 18:25   #38
Senior - BHPian

Pathetic attitude by Fiat's Corporate dept. Hanging up the phone on the customer is inexcusable. Here is a customer who is dying to give his money to Fiat. The same money which pays their monthly salaries! Don't they have any shame!? This attitude reminds me of Fiat circa 2002.

Rajeev Kapoor: In case you you drop by to check out some travelogues, there are more pressing issues to be taken care of here. Stop focusing on 'Fiat First' gimmicks and take care of some genuine issues.
Old 20th October 2009, 19:18   #39
BHPian

This is what ' Fiat First ' grants you

Friends, I have put an end to this HORRIBLE DRAMA.

Half an hour back, I went to the dealer and cancelled the booking. My soul was bursting with anger, I couldn't find the sales guy who trapped me, also no Manager for the enterprise at present . At last a guy turns out, I talked the matters. He agreed on the cancellation readily. I have filled a form for the cancellation of booking where the dealer ought to pay me Rs.50,000 and interest for 50 days. He has agreed that cheque will be handed in 1 or 2 days. Any failure in this regard, I am going to approach the consumer court.

So dear bhpians, just quoting down what all I got for booking a Punto at RF Motors.
* Rs.50,000 blocked for 50 days.
* At least 20 or more STD calls exclusively for resolving this issue.
* Interest at 8.5% for 50 days on Rs.5,00,000 with no car in my porch.
* Troubling the Bank Manager again for re-issuing the DD since the dealer's name has to be changed.
* Ultimate yield- Loads of mental distress, agony, anger and valuable time wasted for a futile business.

I firmly believe that the dealer is going to wind up his business. Anybody visiting his office can smell it. Its actually a graveyard to me, were dreams of a consumer gets buried. If as in a cartoon I had supernatural powers, I would have bombed his entire office.
Shame on Fiat, for continuing with such cheaters in their dealer portfolio, these enterprises should be shaved off from the Indian automotive industry at any cost.

For an average Indian consumer buying a car is more than just getting to your porch metal and rubber. Its an event packed with emotions as a new family member is being welcomed. Experiences such as mine will turn such hopes to nightmares.

I don't want any other person to have my fate. I want my thread title to get listed when the keyword "RF Motors" is searched in Google. At present this is not happening for some reason.
I humbly request the moderators to change the title to, "RF Motors, Ruthless dealers, STAY AWAY" hoping that serves my purpose.

Sorry for troubling the mods again, but this is the last cry of a consumer who was treated like a beggar.
Old 20th October 2009, 19:36   #40
BHPian

Good that they agreed to cancel the booking without playing any other tricks on the customer. Walk straight into Concorde and book the car. They are not bad by any means (the sales team. dont know about the service because i am yet to do it). Hope you get the car soon and let the smiles come back.

Cheers.
Old 20th October 2009, 19:39   #41
Senior - BHPian

Why does FIAT still keep such dealerships ? , Do companies make periodic audits for the dealers for there proper working or once they have allotted the dealership ,they don't care as long as their sales is fine ?

BTW where is that CEO and manager ?
Old 20th October 2009, 19:42   #42
Senior - BHPian

You did the right thing by cancelling the booking. Painful experience , I must say.

What are your plans now, do you intend to purchase the punto from another dealer ?

Or settle for a different car ?

Last edited by sdp1975 : 20th October 2009 at 19:43.
Old 20th October 2009, 19:44   #43
Senior - BHPian

Fraud dealers like RF Motors should be eliminated at the earliest!
Old 20th October 2009, 19:51   #44
Senior - BHPian

Wasn't there a thread of someone's (bad) experience working in this dealership?
Old 20th October 2009, 20:44   #45
BHPian

Thanks to everyone who has given me support in this thread .
CEO, Manager, mails, phone calls to Fiat Corporate Department, served no purpose dear friends.
All the above said, "Sorry Sir, we regret". 'Sorry' has now turned into a useless piece of vocabulary for me.

I have changed the booking to Concorde Motors, Cochin. Fingers crossed I hope that I will get my car from there without any further hurdles.

I would have changed the car, but what to do my mind is stuck into this beauty. For me Punto at this price tag is a complete VFM option. So waiting again!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks