Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2009, 23:19   #1
BHPian

Sureshot way of ensuring 10/10 in customer feedback?

I wanted to share an experience / observation that I found during a recent visit to Advaith service center, on Mission Road.
.................................................. ...

The lady at the Reception brings up the bill and asks me to sign in 3 or 4 places. After signing, I casually check them out... surprise - surprise... among other things is the customer feedback / rating form. My name and phone number is helpfully (?) filled up.
Before I have a chance to fill it up, she removed it from the rest of the bunch and retains with her.
She then asked me to pay the bill in cash counter and get gate-pass.

So as I stand in the rather long queue, I noticed that she did that for 2 other customers after me.
A little later, I find her dropping them in the feedback box on the side of the table.

.................................................. ...
I could not think of any logical explanation other than trying to ensure 10/10 customer ratings in all such forms ... so im curious to know if this happened to any of you?

BTW... iam usually a happy customer of Advaith, but for that particular visit, I would probably have given a 3/10 for cleaning. The car had more dust on it than it had in the morning, before the service!!

Another strange (possibly unrelated) thing... usually in a week or 10 days after every service, I get a call from Hyundai or Advaith asking if I have any complaints. But I havent heard from them this time.
Old 22nd December 2009, 09:48   #2
BHPian

This has happened to me every time I went to Popular Bajaj bike showroom, but not yet in any Maruti service center I've visited.

Popular guys ask me to rate their service even before they show me the bike after service. I point it out every time but sometimes I get a smile but most of the times just ignored.

Bimal Maruti service gave me a feedback form with self addressed business reply envelope. And when I went for body repair, I got a feedback form directly from Maruti sent by post to my home.
Old 22nd December 2009, 09:58   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

You know, this just drives home the point. We will always find a way to twist a well-meaning system for our benefit. Short-cuts seem to be a way of life.

Please bring this to Hyundai's attention.

Quote:
Another strange (possibly unrelated) thing... usually in a week or 10 days after every service, I get a call from Hyundai or Advaith asking if I have any complaints. But I havent heard from them this time.
Unfortunate, some senior guys at Hyundai are probably thinking "Hey, all the customers are giving Advait a 10/10. Why bother with calls? Lets give our dealer a pat on the back!" If only they knew.
Old 22nd December 2009, 10:06   #4
BHPian

At MASS the ratings are linked to the increments what the Supervisor is supposed to get.

Apart from the normal feedback form from the Service Centre, Maruti sends out a Feedback form to customers directly at times. Playing Hanky Panky will get them into more trouble.
Old 22nd December 2009, 10:10   #5
Senior - BHPian

You shouldve asked back the feedback form you saw or asked the lady for another form in which you should mention about the earlier form as VOID. Drop it yourself.

I always used to get feedback form along with the Invoice and while the person is counting money, I used to fillup and drop.
Old 22nd December 2009, 10:10   #6
Senior - BHPian

If I remember correctly, the customer is required to sign on the feedback form.

You can't blame the reception lady if you are signing papers without reading them.

There is a thread on this forum regarding Advaith Hyundai, please post your experience on that thread too.

Also, write an email to Advaith Hyundai regarding the unscrupulous practices being followed at their service centres. If no action is taken, take up the issue with Hyundai Motors.

Rohan,
Bangalore
Old 22nd December 2009, 10:59   #7
BHPian

Same happened with me at Concorde,Tata motors here in bangalore.And again it was a lady only who was using her charms to trick me into signing

And I was stupid enough to sign and not even realise it.Later on after taking the delivery of the vehicle post service I asked for the feedback form so that I can give them the ratings and the lady was surprised and said whether there are any issues.I said that need not be her concern and asked me to handover the feedback form and to my surprise my sign was already there.
I loved the look on the lady's face when I wrote down this incidence in the remarks column and got a call from tata motors pune regarding this.I guess they took it as a breach of integrity and they said that severe action would be taken.I did not follow up anyways later on.But felt happier that Tata is at least following up on these issues.
Old 22nd December 2009, 11:19   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Unfortunate, some senior guys at Hyundai are probably thinking "Hey, all the customers are giving Advait a 10/10. Why bother with calls? Lets give our dealer a pat on the back!" If only they knew.
They probably know too. This is spread so much across that over a period of time, it becomes a part of the process. - get 3 signatures here, put a check mark on this box and use the green box to collect these forms.
Old 22nd December 2009, 11:19   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
Same happened with me at Concorde,Tata motors here in bangalore.And again it was a lady only who was using her charms to trick me into signing
And I was stupid enough to sign and not even realise it.
Moral of the story - most men would sign on any paper without looking, if the paper is handed over to them by a pretty lady.

My suggestion - take along your wife/girl-friend next time you suspect any encounter with pretty ladies in car dealerships/service centres.

Rohan,
Bangalore
Old 22nd December 2009, 12:03   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

I have been seeing this at a lot of dealerships since years, First time i saw this was at the Tata ASC in Hisar. They ask the customer to sign at 2-3 different places and if the customer is aware enough they say "Saar aap kyu kasht karte hain, its just a formality" even still some annoyed customer like me fills the form with some feedback it lands into the trashcan.

Next time you see a dealership themselves to be best in XYZ region, dont believe it with your eyes closed.
Old 22nd December 2009, 12:15   #11
BHPian

You are right, dadu/rohan. I have to share some blame for signing without filling.
But I was in a hurry to get it over with and rush back. It was just by coincidence that while spending 10 to 15mins in the billing Q, I noticed her dropping it into the box

Anyway this is a good lesson learnt and i will probably insist on keeping the form with me until I get time to see the car and then fill it up.
Old 12th February 2010, 20:10   #12
Senior - BHPian

I went to Advaith Hyundai Service Centre on Mission road today and I was greeted with the same trick.

The feedback form was hidden between several copies of the bill, and it was confiscated by the cashier during bill payment. I had not even signed the feedback form. This means that they are also forging customers' signatures !

I asked for another feedback form, filled it up mentioning the overall experience as unacceptable, and dropped it in the drop box.

I went there because I wanted to install the gear lock in i10, which seems to be available only at this place.

In future, I will avoid this service centre like the plague.

I generally visit Advaith Hyundai on ORR, and the experience there is always very pleasant. The service advisers are very courteous and will ask you to fill the feedback form only after you are satisfied with the condition of you vehicle after the visit. They will stand 5 feet away from you when you are filling the feedback form. (No forcing the customer for good feedback)

How can the experience be this different between 2 branches of the same agency ?

Rohan
Old 13th February 2010, 03:45   #13
BHPian

Same thing happened to me at Maruti Service Masters, except that the SA blatantly asked me to keep the form blank and almost snatched it as I was filling it. Probably has something to do with their promotions/salary etc. I did ask Maruti to revoke the feedback, but guess what, nothing so far.

Its really a sincere request to all, please fill up the forms genuinely , our cars go to these centers and unless the company knows about the actual level of service provided, they will think all is well.
Old 18th February 2010, 16:34   #14
Senior - BHPian

My case at RNS Yeshwantpur is a wee bit different. Here, the service advisors themselves ask me to give them good feedback when I get a call from Maruti and also in the feedback form given to me with a business reply letter.

But, they make sure that the all the works requested are completed and that I am satisfied with the service before they request me. I get irritated when they ask me to fill in positively, but have not given them any negative feedback, since I was happy with the service.
Old 18th February 2010, 16:39   #15
Senior - BHPian

Have a look at this guys!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...lers-know.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks