Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2013, 14:34   #76
Senior - BHPian

Carnation AUTO 24 x 7 - Experience

Disclaimer: this is not MY experience but a friends. But I thought it is worth sharing on the forum as it would affect everybody.

Mods: please delete if inappropriate.

CARNATION AUTO 24 by 7 EMERGENCY ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE IS A JOKE - JUST DISCOVERED! :-(

Needed some assistance with my car just now. Have been a member of this service for about 2 years. Their toll free number was 1800 102 4400 and was picked up by the automated system after a couple of rings. As soon as I pressed the option for Emergency Assistance (Key 1), I began getting the Voice Response message "Your call is now FIRST in line, and will be answered by the next available customer representative. Thank you for your patience.". I was kept on hold for about 6 minutes with the same line being repeated, ad nauseum. I hung up and checked their website (http://care.carnation.in/) and the number was the same as I had dialled. Then I tried the same number from my landline (yes, the car was still at home!) and the same experience was repeated. I was still FIRST in line from the moment my call was picked up. The same treatment was meted out to me for about 8 minutes. Then, on a lark, I dialled again from my cell, and punched the option to speak to someone live (Key 9), and would you believe it? The same charade began again. At this point, I have wasted over 30 minutes trying to get through to this 24 by 7 EMERGENCY ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE. Is Jagdish Khattar listening?

If any of the others have had recent experiences of this kind with this vendor, please share, update, inform, broadcast.

Remember, the CUSTOMER is the king, not CARNATION AUTO! Grrrr!

My friend's name is Pramod Joshi.

I linked this to the team-bhp FB account.
sridhu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2013, 14:38   #77
Senior - BHPian

Re: CARNATION Multibrand Car Service - Initial review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasi405 View Post
When asked if there was a parts list with costs from where he got the original estimates, I found that a so called 'professional' organization with multi-brand repairs did not even have a parts list or price list. This is appalling. This means that the service engineer was simply quoting anything he felt like.

5. I find my experience with Carnation utterly unprofessional with incompetent engineers giving estimates. My experience with Carnation amounts to extortion and cheating.
Serves me right for not taking the trouble to go through the wealth of experiences here.....

My recent car repair bill - done at Carnation, Chembur - speaks for itself. The rates which have been circled by me, indicate what appears to be a reasonable rate for the parts vis-a-vis the actual charged by them.

A fool and his money are easily parted. I guess it is even more so, when the car owned is a Palio.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Let me know if you get a response?

I also had an excellent experience with Carnation a couple of times - but the last time was barely OK.
I have mailed to Mr. Jagdish Khattar, as 'he would like to hear from me'. Nowhere is it mentioned that he will reply!

My initial experience was OK - but it is pits now.

The problem with the Chembur outlet (near R K Studios) is that their another unit has wound up, and the workshop appears to be totally disorganised.....
Attached Thumbnails
CARNATION Multibrand Car Service - Initial review-carnation-03092013.jpg  

Last edited by vrprabhu : 6th September 2013 at 14:50. Reason: Something wrong with the file upload?!
Old 6th September 2013, 14:59   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrprabhu View Post
Serves me right for not taking the trouble to go through the wealth of experiences here.....

My recent car repair bill - done at Carnation, Chembur - speaks for itself. The rates which have been circled by me, indicate what appears to be a reasonable rate for the parts vis-a-vis the actual charged by them.

A fool and his money are easily parted. I guess it is even more so, when the car owned is a Palio.....

I have mailed to Mr. Jagdish Khattar, as 'he would like to hear from me'. Nowhere is it mentioned that he will reply!

My initial experience was OK - but it is pits now.

The problem with the Chembur outlet (near R K Studios) is that their another unit has wound up, and the workshop appears to be totally disorganised.....
If you happen to live in the eastern suburbs and own a palio then:

Before the carnation workshop, in the cluster of garages/weighing kaanta right after the circle and before the MRF tyre shop:

There is a mechanic called Devabhai. Operates out of a small shed. He is a master with palio's maintained mine, maintains my jeep and my innova. Great for mechanical and engine work. Does not have a scanner but has a brain and experience.

Can get this work and more done for much much less the next time. Give the reference of Banerjee. Phone number: 9867959535
genesis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2013, 16:28   #79
BHPian

It was because of maruti that people knew Mr jagdish khattar . But sadly he thought it was the other way. In India the brand maruti stands tall not the people who run it . They merely sell cars made by Suzuki japan .
anky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2013, 12:52   #80
Senior - BHPian

Re: CARNATION CHEMBUR - Update

Quote:
Just an update -

a. As expected, no response to the mail. Have doubts whether anybody is even reading it?!

b. Got a call from Carnation about a 'special offer' (something like car wash, interior polish blah, blah..) - because I had got the car serviced with them. Isn't this adding insult to injury - or they believe that the customers will be loyal, no matter what treatment is meted out?
Old 27th September 2013, 13:23   #81
BHPian

Quote:
The rates which have been circled by me, indicate what appears to be a reasonable rate for the parts vis-a-vis the actual charged by them.

Actually what they have charged is not wrong. If they have sourced the OEM part (probably from FIAT), the charge is correct. I believe TVS Girling made brake pads are used in Palios. These pads are available for the rate you have mentioned in the open market. However, these are not really OEM, but aftermarket brake pads. Even FIAT ASS charge that much for brake pads.
Also, you take a fiat anywhere for service and you will be ripped unless you know the stuff.
Sorry for OT post as this may have nothing to do with Carnation.
Old 28th February 2014, 14:19   #82
Senior - BHPian

Got an e-mailer from Carnation regarding the various offers currently being offered. Attached is the converted mail to PDF document, was unable to attach the e-mail content directly.

Anybody already availing any service from Carnation?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Carnation Offers.pdf (237.4 KB, 576 views)
Old 19th January 2015, 13:59   #83

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

MOD NOTE: Didn't find any relevant thread to post this. If required, please move this as necessary.

I have been on the lookout for a place to get an under-body wash (using a lift/ramp) for the car but there aren't too many places offering such services in Dwarka. The only place that I found until now, was S Vidya Service Station located in the IOC pump in Sector 3, Dwarka. Never visited this place as the work-area appeared to be very constrained and wasn't really sure about the quality of work.

Yesterday, I decided to give the hunt one more try and I chanced upon Carnation multi-brand service center on Google search and decided to give them a try.

CARNATION Multibrand Car Service - Initial review-img_20150118_132508.jpg

I wasn't expecting such a sprawling premise. As you enter they have the work bay and behind it is the wash and paint job area.

CARNATION Multibrand Car Service - Initial review-img_20150118_132531.jpg

CARNATION Multibrand Car Service - Initial review-img_20150118_132551.jpg

CARNATION Multibrand Car Service - Initial review-img_20150118_121945.jpg

Walked into the office and I was informed that the wash (with foam) would take approx. 1 hour and would cost Rs. 350/- including taxes. Gave them the go ahead and after a quick inspection the car was taken in for its bath.

The interiors were also vacuumed and plastic parts were polished using some kind of solution.

CARNATION Multibrand Car Service - Initial review-img_20150118_122057.jpg

CARNATION Multibrand Car Service - Initial review-img_20150118_123855.jpg

CARNATION Multibrand Car Service - Initial review-img_20150118_125227.jpg

The car had a fused right side turn indicator bulb which they changed gratis.

To be honest, the washing is probably not at par with the likes of 3M, but I guess it’s good enough for someone looking for a quick wash; specially if you want the under-body cleaned.

They offer a myriad of services including insurance renewals but since I did not avail any other service, I can’t comment on the quality of these services.

Would be nice to hear other’s experiences as well (if anyone has already visited or plans to visit this place).

Carnation (A Jagdish Khattar Initiative)
S.S. Automobiles,
23/2, Matiala Phirni, Pocket C, Sector 3,
Dwarka, New Delhi-110075
Behind DPS School
Ph: 65990650, 65990651
anexas06 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2015, 17:37   #84
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anexas06 View Post
MOD NOTE: Didn't find any relevant thread to post this. If required, please move this as necessary.

I have been on the lookout for a place to get an under-body wash (using a lift/ramp) for the car but there aren't too many places offering such services in Dwarka.
Nice Looking Alloys, can you share the make with Model and cost ?
Old 20th January 2015, 20:51   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumobakshi View Post
Nice Looking Alloys, can you share the make with Model and cost ?
Thanks. These are the HRS H594. Cost me approx. 25k for a set of 4.
anexas06 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2015, 14:17   #86
Team-BHP Support

Pretty interesting article on the reality at Carnation

http://www.livemint.com/Companies/ZH...h-Khattar.html
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2015, 12:03   #87
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Carnation has completely lost the plot. In the early years, they were focused on service quality, but couldn't make any money. They still haven't figured out a sustainable business model.

Today, they offer a franchise to any & everyone. With next to zero monitoring & training, the franchisee is free to deal with customers the way that he wishes.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2015, 12:17   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

I was of the impression that they shut shop till I read the Livemint article above.

Their Bellandur (Bangalore) outlet got closed a month back or so.
Old 6th July 2015, 12:31   #89
Senior - BHPian

I really do not know what service I will require from them. For the last decade, I have got all servicing done by company workshops. Maybe paint jobs???

As to used cars, I listed one for sale in mid June 2015, and there was no response from anyone. Cartrade and cardekho/wale are much better in this respect.
Old 3rd November 2017, 23:30   #90
BHPian

I took my I20 Elite for car wash, 3M Interior Upholstery Cleaning, general check-up and wheel alignment. This place is good to perform basic check and cleaning for your car. They also provide pick-up and delivery, if need be. The job done was decent and I was charged Rs. 1,600 overall (Rs. 899+ tax for Car wash and Interior cleanining and Rs. 350 + tax for wheel alignment)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks