Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2010, 21:57   #1
BHPian

Unprofessional service by Magnum Honda, Bangalore

Left my Civic for 2nd free service at about 9:45am and ETD was given at 2:30pm. The only complaint was a feeble noise from LHS door (that wasn't fixed in 1st service). At about 1:45pm got a call from the SA that it will be delayed as they want to check thoroughly for the noise, right from strut bolts to door padding etc. I said fine as long as they can fix it and told him I need it by 5:30pm. Called him at 4:00pm to check the status, SA started smudging that it will be delayed as they need to do some road test on silent roads and will be available by 6:30pm (so that it gets dark!). My suspicion started then and I went early at about 5:30pm.

Washing was not done (to which he denied); they had just wiped it and some polish/oil on the black plastic parts, spilling it nicely all around. Checked all corners for dents/scratches etc.. and also checked the job card, but didnt find any problem. He said he will give another wash and was about to start the car. To my surprise, I saw a very visible bulge on the rear bumper near the number plate. SA started getting a bit nervous and tried to push the bulge back. He then silently asked me if he could take the car for the wash. Went to the service manager in red eyes to report the issue. He immediately said, he knew it and they would do the needful and deliver the car next evening. I said put a new bumber and wont take the delivery unless they show me the old damaged one. He said fine.

Next day evening I went to check the job after SA confirmed that the paint job is done. There were 2-3 very visible marks and a dried paint drippings. To my horror, there were a couple of new scracths on the front bumper which were deep ones and very visible. The manager assured me that they would fix all and paint the front one too. Also the interior was not covered with plastic covers.

Next day evening I went to take the delivery. Rear bumper was fine, front bumper was painted but the deep scratches were not filled properly and the car was again not washed and interior not cleaned propely. I was so annoyed that I thought its not worth wasting time with these jokers. I said I'll take the delivery if they properly wash and clean.

Waited for almost an hour and finally the car came out again not wiped properly. I checked everything and yet another surprise; service warranty booklet was missing in the car. He searched all around the service shop and finally said he will check and if not found he will procure a new one. Took that in writing and took the car in disgust. Came home and wiped the car and there were few more surprises. 2 minor depressions on the bootlid below the number plate.

Overall, 2nd free service highlights:
- rear bumper damaged and replaced
- front bumper scratched and partially fixed
- 2 minor dents on the bootlid
- service booklet missing
- not-so-clean car (needed a clean wipe soon after the delivery)
- LHS noise not fixed

If possible, please avoid this bunch of unprofessionals. BTW I did see an Ikon getting out of Honda service bay. I think they share the facility with Cauvery Motors (earlier Cauvery Ford), since its the same owner. They seem to take more cars than they can handle and screw up things. Whats surprising to me is that, why is Honda not being strict with such idiots. It doesn't seem like they have a streamlined process/system in place for servicing. I could clearly see the difference between Magnum and Whitefield. Whitefield seems a lot better.

Last edited by GTO : 14th January 2010 at 19:41. Reason: No abusive language please, not even indirectly.
Old 13th January 2010, 22:17   #2
BHPian

Quote:
My suspicion started then and I went early at about 5:30pm

Now thats what i call has 6th sense ! Great Thinking man !

Quote:
I said put a new bumber and wont take the delivery unless they show me the old damaged one. He said fine.

ANHC bumper cost 8 k, how much does the Civic one cost?

Quote:
Also the interior was not covered with plastic covers.
I feel that not putting the plastic covers is a one off case, since i have seen that they have one dedicated person near the security who does only this job. Once he gets confirmation about the car is going to be serviced or whatever, he immediately covers the steering and the seats. In your case, its surprising why this has happened?

Quote:
I thought its not worth wasting time with these jokers.
Thats a good wise thought !

Quote:
If possible, please avoid this bunch of unprofessionals.
Its an irony that one gets treated very well, while the other is not. I have and get my car serviced here. I have always found this guys great, they have taken very good care of my car. i fail to understand why this has happened to you. i am very sorry for you.

Last edited by nandans2005 : 13th January 2010 at 22:18.
Old 13th January 2010, 22:52   #3
BHPian

It is really sad that you had to go throught such an experience with Magnum Honda. I have seen a lot of raves about Magnum guys, this one is a different one. To be very honest, I think the Magnum sales guys are the best of the lot, and the same doesn't go with the service folks.
I would suggest you take it up with Honda One-2-One (1800 113 121 or 011 -39898918). Out of my experience this route works well in your favour.
Old 13th January 2010, 23:04   #4
Senior - BHPian

I second Jayanth on this. Would strongly urge you to take it up with Honda directly. After reading your episode, I feel Murphy's law has worked to its best, with so many things going wrong at the same time.

By the way, how much did the service charges work out to ?
Old 13th January 2010, 23:41   #5
BHPian

I have already reported the issue under Honda Service Feedback (on Honda website). Will call them tomorrow. BTW service cost = Rs.0/-
Old 14th January 2010, 10:11   #6

HI,
I have a friend who owns a Honda City and this is what I heard from his driver.

The driver takes the new honda city for 2nd free service (no problems were found
till then) to the authorised service station (In mumbai (honda has sacked them)). When they got delivery they found a strange rattling sound from the
steering column. Took it back and the SS manager said they found some problem
with the steering rod but did not change it.

Driver found the colour around the nut which holds the steering rod disturbed. He raised the issue and after a lot of discussion they admitted that the steering rod was
changed from their new HC and fitted in another HC which had come for servicing. It seems that this was the norm followed at this particular SS. Scary thought for all
vehicles which were serviced at this particular SS.

Luckily that other vehicle was still at the premises and they got back their original
part. My friend knew some people at Honda and got their work done correctly, but
what about others.
Old 14th January 2010, 19:42   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Overall, 2nd free service highlights:
- rear bumper damaged and replaced
- front bumper scratched and partially fixed
- 2 minor dents on the bootlid
- service booklet missing
- not-so-clean car (needed a clean wipe soon after the delivery)
- LHS noise not fixed
That just sucks, especially the last line. Even after all that trouble, they weren't able to sort out the primary problem you had with the car.

When will Honda learn? Why can't they offer a dealership experience that matches the quality of their cars?
Old 15th January 2010, 18:30   #8
BHPian

Surprisingly, Honda has responded to my complaint. Received an email saying they have spoken with the dealer to get more information and have asked them to contact me. Let me see what next ?
Old 16th January 2010, 13:23   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Feel sorry for you. I've witnessed technicians at the local Honda dealer being careless with cars in the service bay. This is when I took my OHC for its regular service. Though customers arent allowed in the service area I was monitoring the work on my car from the entrance.

That's when I noticed that one of the cars (an OHC) was started with the door open and the gear engaged. The tech who started the car didnt bother to check if it was in neutral and parking brake engaged. The car lurched forward and it's driver side front door hit a circular pillar. It must have left a ding on the door.

This problem isnt really confined to Honda ASCs but many dealers' employees tend to be a little rough with cars that come in for repairs/maintenance. Sheer carelessness that is probably the result of a heavy work load.

Cheers!

Last edited by R2D2 : 16th January 2010 at 13:28. Reason: Typo
Old 16th January 2010, 14:31   #10
Senior - BHPian

Same thing happened to me in Nov'2007 when they (Ring Road Honda, Peera Garhi, Delhi) replaced my front right shock absorber of my Civic.

After 2-3 visits, nobody bothered but after sending email to Honda Top Executives (incl. CEO & President), they picked up the car and replaced the faulty shock absorber with the new one. They also gave me a zero value invoice (as a proof of their cheating) of the new shock absorber.

Now after shifting to Gurgaon, last month, I went to Pearl Honda for disc change. They did it well (to my satisfaction).

There was a minor sound (separate from disc change) coming from front right side (near tyre) for which they tried to diagnose for 2-3 hours but could not find. They asked me to bring the car some other day, they will need a full day to diagnose and fix. After 10-12 days, I took the car and waited there but from 11 AM to 5 PM, they could not find the source of the sound.

Then they cleverly said that it might be from the dashboard area and they will need 2-3 days to fix which I am sure is NOT coming from dashboard.

They knew that the sound so minor and ignorable that nobody will leave car for 2-3 days to get it fixed. So, that sound is still there.

I think most of the Honda SSs are like that unless you have some good contacts in the SSs. It gives me a headache whenever time comes to get my car service/running repair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lachmankotak View Post
HI,
I have a friend who owns a Honda City and this is what I heard from his driver.

The driver takes the new honda city for 2nd free service (no problems were found
till then) to the authorised service station (In mumbai (honda has sacked them)). When they got delivery they found a strange rattling sound from the
steering column. Took it back and the SS manager said they found some problem
with the steering rod but did not change it.

Driver found the colour around the nut which holds the steering rod disturbed. He raised the issue and after a lot of discussion they admitted that the steering rod was
changed from their new HC and fitted in another HC which had come for servicing. It seems that this was the norm followed at this particular SS. Scary thought for all
vehicles which were serviced at this particular SS.

Luckily that other vehicle was still at the premises and they got back their original
part. My friend knew some people at Honda and got their work done correctly, but
what about others.
Old 16th January 2010, 14:39   #11
BHPian

I am aghast at your experience MKC15, and dread for my ANHC service.

I had pathetic Honda experience immediately after buying experience from DH.(I had gone to DH,due to arrogant WH)!! Now your Magnum experience is neither confidence inspiring.
During first service the service person,taking 2nd service coupon instead of first.
Somehow Honda service falls short of expectation compared to the product.
Old 16th January 2010, 15:03   #12
MAS
Senior - BHPian

MKC15 - Sorry to hear about the bad experience. "Unprofessional" is not the word for this kind of treatment.

Honda should be sued for this kind of behavior. This is not what one expects from a world class reputed car maker like Honda. It is high time that Honda takes lessons from Toyota.
Old 16th January 2010, 16:22   #13
BHPian

Its dealers like this who damage Honda's reputation.

Over the years, some of the Honda dealers have developed the SAB CHALTA HAIN attitude and have started taking customers for granted.

Report to the highest possible person in Honda and lodge a complaint.

I had an equally bad experience with my ANHC with a dealer in MUMBAI.
After I finally complained to Honda management, I got the defective / dmamged part replaced.
Old 16th January 2010, 16:45   #14
Senior - BHPian

mkc15,

sorry to hear about unprofessionals expereince at Magnum Honda! May be you can get car servicd at dakshin honda next time. One of my freinds services his car at Dakshin Honda and feedback is good.
Old 23rd January 2010, 19:00   #15
BHPian

Got follow-up calls from Magnum during the week and went to them today. They did attend to the issues.

- 2 minor dents on the bootlid : They said they will fix it. I told I'll get them fixed during the next service or so, as it needs paint job.
- service booklet missing : They have ordered the service manual from Honda.
- not-so-clean car (needed a clean wipe soon after the delivery) : They gave a complete wash + cleaning today.
- LHS noise not fixed : They located the noise to the fender where the black plastic lining was hitting the fender causing the tick-tick noise. Also checked the A-pillar plastic inserts and tightened the door trims. It was convincing though I need to test it a bit more.

Regarding the knocking/stalling which I noticed the other day never happened again. I wanted to find the cause, but they said they have some issue with the computer and cant run the diagnostic scan at the moment. The mechanics at the bay categorically denied any possible reason to cause this; they have so far not seen this kind of complaint from anyone. One of them said, "Sir, the only issue we see with Civic is the engine mounting, which gives in a little early and your car has no issues at all" (originally in Kannada!). If it happens again I'll go to them for the scan.

Got a call from Honda few hours ago to check whether Magnum fixed the issues or not and also to confirm that the service book will be sent to them. This was quite relieving for me and was happy, as they responded well to my complaint registered through their website (not even a call!) and did the needful.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks