Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2010, 15:57   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
I service my car at MSM, Chennai and find them to be good. They are very polite and IMO don't try to rip you off. I had wanted a specific job done on a couple of occasions but they told me it is not necessary on a new car and will be a waste of money.

The only problem I find is the place is always crammed with cars, and during service the mechanic may not wait for the old engine oil to drain out completely before refilling new oil, so I always stand near the vehicle to ensure this. There are a few more minor niggles, but I would rate them as the best in Chennai.
Gansan, all I can say is wait for your car's warranty to get over and watch how MSM will try to rip you off. Especially on clutch and suspenion jobs. I know because I have experienced it. In fact I would advice you to be careful as soon as your car enters its second year because you are no longer on Maruti's 'feedback' radar and no amount of complaining will do you any good. The SAs are polite alright, but they are nothing more than wolves in sheep's clothing. I would rate MSM as the second worst in Chennai. I have tried 4 different M.A.S.S till now.
Old 14th May 2010, 16:10   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Gansan, all I can say is wait for your car's warranty to get over and watch how MSM will try to rip you off. Especially on clutch and suspenion jobs. I know because I have experienced it. In fact I would advice you to be careful as soon as your car enters its second year because you are no longer on Maruti's 'feedback' radar and no amount of complaining will do you any good. The SAs are polite alright, but they are nothing more than wolves in sheep's clothing. I would rate MSM as the second worst in Chennai. I have tried 4 different M.A.S.S till now.

OK, then please mention which is the best place in Chennai in your experience. My brother-in law has been servicing his Alto at MSM from the day they opened and regards them very highly. I went there based on his recommendation only. I can't go to any independent workshop as my car is under extended warranty for 4 years!
Old 14th May 2010, 16:17   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
OK, then please mention which is the best place in Chennai in your experience. My brother-in law has been servicing his Alto at MSM from the day they opened and regards them very highly. I went there based on his recommendation only. I can't go to any independent workshop as my car is under extended warranty for 4 years!
Go to MSM only. Their technical skills are much better than the other three that I have tried. But keep your eyes wide open and don't agree to any unnecessary jobs. They usually try and rip unsuspecting customers in the following areas. Clutch, steering, suspension and engine degreasing. And get the wheel alignment and balancing done outside. Don't agree for nitrogen filling. They will fill it first without even asking and then charge you for it.
Old 14th May 2010, 16:28   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Go to MSM only. Their technical skills are much better than the other three that I have tried. But keep your eyes wide open and don't agree to any unnecessary jobs. They usually try and rip unsuspecting customers in the following areas. Clutch, steering, suspension and engine degreasing. And get the wheel alignment and balancing done outside. Don't agree for nitrogen filling. They will fill it first without even asking and then charge you for it.
My car is due for wheel alignment and tyre rotation as it has crossed 5000 KM. Can you recommend a good place for this? At what stage should balancing be carried out?

Any reason for avoiding MSM for this job? If it is merely the cost, how much will it cost outside?
Old 14th May 2010, 16:34   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My car is due for wheel alignment and tyre rotation as it has crossed 5000 KM. Can you recommend a good place for this? At what stage should balancing be carried out?

Any reason for avoiding MSM for this job? If it is merely the cost, how much will it cost outside?
I got wheel alignment done at XL Tyre Point in Annanagar. You can go to any reliable tyre shop in your locality which has modern computerized equipment. My car started pulling left immediately after alignment was done at MSM. Got it fixed outside. It's not about the cost as it's a cheap job anyway. Balancing is not needed unless you buy a new tire, but they had done balancing as well on my old tires and fitted random weights! XL fixed that as well and they did everything in front of me. Alignment and rotation is needed every 5K kms.

EDIT: Alignment and rotation costs about 200 outside.

Last edited by Gilead : 14th May 2010 at 16:38.
Old 16th May 2010, 18:48   #21
Senior - BHPian

I got tyre rotation/WA/WB and water wash done at MSM today as they offered a free coupon for renewal of insurance through them. Since my policy will lapse on 23rd June, I got it renewed today itself and availed the coupon. Had to pay Rs 205 towards the cost of the weights, though. There does not seem to be any problem and car seems to steer true when I returned home. Another few days of driving should make things clear.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks