Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2010, 14:06   #1
BHPian

Service for Maruti 800 at Maruti Service Masters

So today I took a day off from college and went to get my Maruti 800 serviced at Maruti Service Masters Okhla, finding them was a huge ordeal BTW, no signage , nothing. This is the first time i am taking my car for servicing BTW , big moment for me.

Some of the problems were :

1. Some sort of leakage from engine, around 1-2 drops per day.

2. Squeaky brakes (probably due to oil only)

3. General noise.

But, boy was I in for a shocker. Firstly , there was no one to attend to me for 30 minutes , no service advisor. I talked to helpdesk who said main bula raha hun lekin koi aa nahi raha. He had also kept a Job Card separate (someone from Delhi Police). Even constables in DP get better service than us BTW.

Thankfully, an old customer was with me, he pulled some strings and a SA came to his service (Hari Singh), as my job card was before his, I got my car done 1st.

The leakage according to him is due to axle fluid leaking : estimate : Rs. 3200

Then he said water pump in engine is damaged and its causing noise, estimate : Rs.3500

Other general stuff included (wheel balancing, alignment etc.), net estimate is Rs. 11.5k
I know dad is going to kill me

I would like the experienced people to comment on above costs and tell if they are ok.

Thanks
Old 20th January 2010, 00:08   #2
BHPian

A recent experiance with MSM (of a person whom i personally know) :
car: 5/6years old Wagon R with around 80K on Odo

The shocks have leaked and need a work
Axle work (not sure but they recommended a change)
Wheel Alignment , Wheel Balancing etc etc
Injector cleaning, oil change , Air Filter etc etc
Estimate : 18K

called up a contact who knows maruti guyz he had a work with them and one big bashing on phone to the service advisor and a instruction to do only those things that are required in the regular service.
new revised estimate under 5K

all well, took delivery in evening. A week after service, one fine day at home the car refuse to start. Battery giving a good crank but car wont start. called a local mech, after diagnosis

"Air filter too dirty, injecter needs to be cleaned"
and after that, the car has not given any problem since last 1/2 month.

i asked the person to check if MSM billed for airfilter and the injecter cleaning but the person is currently to busy (some personal issues) to cross check and currently has no bandwidth in taking the matter with MSM.

inshort, MSM has lost the reputation it earned in the initial years now it's just a big money minter for Maruti to loot the people who have a lot of mollah and little time to maintain their cars.
Old 20th January 2010, 00:51   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_arya View Post
all well, took delivery in evening. A week after service, one fine day at home the car refuse to start. Battery giving a good crank but car wont start. called a local mech, after diagnosis

"Air filter too dirty, injecter needs to be cleaned"
and after that, the car has not given any problem since last 1/2 month.
You know the strange thing is, in my last service by them (around an year ago dad had got my car serviced by them after I read some good reviews here) I had the exact same problem. The fuel jets kept getting clogged after every 60-70 kms and the car would just die in low speeds.

I got the car repaired at competent for 4k, the mechanic there kept telling me someone had tampered with the car's engine and that it took him a hell lot of time to repair it , but I didn't believe him at that time. He said that the butterfly valves had been damaged by someone and 1-2 more problems.

Looks like going to Maruti Service Masters was a huge mistake. But never again. I should have realized this from the way their help-desk was treating me.
Old 20th January 2010, 18:51   #4
Senior - BHPian

What is the model year of the car and what is the mileage done?
Old 20th January 2010, 19:22   #5
BHPian

The car is a 1995 Maruti 800 DX.

The mileage is 40800, very sparsely run for its age.
Old 29th January 2010, 20:49   #6
BHPian

Update : Car is done, and its leaking engine oil, service advisor asked me to bring it on a weekday, I cant go on a weekday. Will show it to a local mechanic and if problem is big ask the MSM guys to tow the car or bring engine oil and take the car. After a 11000 rupee servicing , this is the least I can expect.

Every time my car goes to MSM , it gets damaged. I hereby pledge that I will never take it there again for a paid service.
Old 30th January 2010, 21:26   #7
BHPian

Sorry mods for multiple posts, please combine with earlier post if possible.

UPDATE:

I got the car checked by a local mechanic who said its a timing belt and seal issue (makes sense since the MSM retards did replace the water pump (big mistake from my side)). Anyway, I asked him to fix it and he said its a minor issue and changed the seals, but the car is leaking engine oil again :(.

MSM had called in the morning right after I gave my car to the mechanic and I gave the lady the whole issue and told her I wouldn't use their services again if this is their standard. I had told her that I will let her know if the local garage is unable to fix it and ask them to take it. She said she would get back to me after talking to Hari sir, never happened.

No word directly from Maruti, it seems mails are forwarded to concerned service center without the company doing anything.

I will try the local mech. tomorrow or might give it to competent later on into the hands of an experienced mechanic I know instead of the quacks at Maruti Service Masters unless they offer to tow it and ensure its in working order.

Does anyone have the email id of anyone senior at Maruti so I can tell them about this ? I have tried the contact page at Maruti's website with 0 luck.

Also, one thing you will note at Maruti Service Masters, Okhla is that the Service Advisors are experts in doing slippery talk, but the work done is horrible. This is the second time I have got my vehicle serviced by them and the second time they have broken it. Last time also it had cost me a bundle to get it fixed. The service adviser's main concern is making money it seems by suggesting changes (water pump etc.). The SA had told me as the engine is vibrating and running fast, its a water pump issue. Not sure how truthful that was. He also made me sign a blank feedback form (which I know is a mistake by me), but all that sweet-talk did me in. I have asked Maruti to repeal that feedback form. I am not sure if the fault lies with the SA (who I think is a pretty senior SA) , but he should have told his mechanics to check for leakage after the water pump was done, from what I have read on the internet , its elementary car science to do so. And the service adviser hasn't called me once to check on the issue even after my complaints.

If anyone at maruti is reading this (I know you are), my job card number is JC09031714 , SA was Hari and I have already complained twice via your website without luck.

I am totally heartbroken guys , this beauty used to do 50 kms everyday and now its losing engine oil at the rate of 3 ltrs per 50 kms. Please suggest what I should do ?

Its slowly turning out be my very first horror story. Even my dad is super angry at me for taking the car to MSM and getting the super high cost service done and these problems. My personal belief is that they dont really care about the old cars at the service stations and hence this happened.
Old 1st February 2010, 08:20   #8
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys,

Are there so many issues with the MSM. I do service with MSM Chennai but I did not face any trouble with them. I had with the dealer service people in the past. With MSM it is fine. It might differ from city to city or Service adviser to service advisor.
Old 3rd February 2010, 19:18   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
Hi Guys,

Are there so many issues with the MSM. I do service with MSM Chennai but I did not face any trouble with them. I had with the dealer service people in the past. With MSM it is fine. It might differ from city to city or Service adviser to service advisor.
I have done 2 servicings with Maruti Service Masters Okhla and both have been problematic. I have 2 theories, either they cant handle the rush of cars or they dont care about old cars such as mine. I plan to purchase a SX4 which will never see that broken road in Okhla that leads to them.

Doing a 11000 rupees servicing I would have expected some service or an apology, but despite 2 complaints directly to Maruti, except an email confirmation, I have not received any communication.

The service advisor who was very happy to get me to sign a blank feedback card (he asked me not to fill in stuff and as I was looking at the stuff to fill in pointed me to fill the date and took the card from me) has also completely ignored me. On calling him, his response was to bring the car on a weekday since on weekends he cant repair a car they damaged.

Anyway, I will only goto Competent Saket from now on, MSM is a strict no-no. Reminds me of the saying, cheat me once , shame on you, cheat me twice, shame on me. I shouldnt have given them another chance.
Old 11th February 2010, 18:26   #10
BHPian

New Update : The car is throwing blue smoke on ignition now, I just noticed it today but dad says it has been doing that since I got it from the service, I didn't notice due to the tinted back windshield and I keep windows rolled up always :( . It throws blue smoke for first 30 seconds or so. My car had never ever smoked blue smoke earlier.

Does anybody know what can cause this smoke , this only happens on a cold start (overnight) and not otherwise. I will be posting all the work done by MSM here by scanning the job card. Please see and tell me where they could have messed up

Someone from MSM did call dad today to inquire about how the service went, he replied negative to quality and gave them my number, unfortunately I was in class at the time they called and they never called back. Also still no response to the multiple emails sent to Maruti.

Looks like I will have to take the car to Competant for a thorough setting right session , also a thorough money loss session.

Service for Maruti 800 at Maruti Service Masters-scan_pic0042.jpg

Service for Maruti 800 at Maruti Service Masters-scan_pic0043.jpg

Service for Maruti 800 at Maruti Service Masters-scan_pic0044.jpg
Old 14th May 2010, 10:50   #11
BHPian

Hi f1head,

My empathy with you bro. Any update on this issue?
Old 14th May 2010, 11:01   #12
Senior - BHPian

I service my car at MSM, Chennai and find them to be good. They are very polite and IMO don't try to rip you off. I had wanted a specific job done on a couple of occasions but they told me it is not necessary on a new car and will be a waste of money.

The only problem I find is the place is always crammed with cars, and during service the mechanic may not wait for the old engine oil to drain out completely before refilling new oil, so I always stand near the vehicle to ensure this. There are a few more minor niggles, but I would rate them as the best in Chennai.

Last edited by Gansan : 14th May 2010 at 11:02.
Old 14th May 2010, 12:11   #13
BHPian

to Gansan opinion on MSM Chennai. They are very polite and on time. Also i make it a point to visit atleast one of the senior folks there and thank them for the service.
Old 14th May 2010, 14:00   #14
BHPian

Hi F1 Head,

I fully sympathise with you, as I have been experiencing the same at MSM since I bought my car in 2007. They are always short on space, damage your car everytime it goes for servicing,lousy service advisors,callous attitude and they dont value the customer and his time.

I suggest you send letters by post to all the top level Maruti officials because thats what I have done and I am sure you would get a response. You can also send an email to Pankaj Narula, Chief General Manager (Service),at pankaj.narula@maruti.co.in.
Old 14th May 2010, 15:48   #15
BHPian

Hello, I guess I should have updated. After repeated reminders and complaints to Maruti, I realised all mail is just forwarded to the service centers and with the service center itself involved in breaking the car and feedback scam, it didnt take any action, but did offer to correct their errors provided I bring my car in on a weekday as on weekend they cant repair my car pro bono.

Anyway, I contacted an old local garage near my home who identified the problem quickly and repaired it. The car has been running without any engine problems since that day.

I am not a wiser man , no Maruti Service Masters for me.

@teefosi - Thanks, I will forward my complaint to Mr. Narula.

@all others - Thanks for your kind words. It does seem MSM chennai is better than its cousin in New Delhi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks