Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2010, 14:17   #1
Senior - BHPian

Concorde motors - Bangalore

Couple of weeks back before I booked the ford Figo I was busy running around Maruti/VW/Hyundai and TATA showrooms.

My conclusion TATA's Concorde motors to be the worst of the lot!

We had gone to concorde motors 2 times before and never got a TD for the petrol manza.

The first time we went a junior sales executive was handling us.
But After a week I guess she had changed jobs or something, she was no longer there.

Second time we wanted a TD the car wasn't there.

Third time, this month on a sunday we called Concorde motors and asked them if they had a Petrol Manza for TD. At 11.30am Sunday morning they said that yes the TD car is ready and we could have a TD. We reach the showroom at 2.30pm.
We ask for the same person we had spoken to in the morning. We were told that he is out on lunch break and is expected back by 3.30, someone else attends us and when we ask for a TD he tells us that the TD car has broken down. He promises to send the car to our places this weekend. Takes down our complete address and phone number on a scrap paper.. weekend comes no calls no TD from any one from concorde.

IF the TD car had really broken down then they should have called us and informed us of the same ?
3 visits to concorde and no TD !! Thats it for us we drop the idea of the manza based on this experience.

While I was at concorde to TD the Manza on that sunday, we saw a new Golden safire (petrol) Manza with TC plates (Tc 307 I think) which had its rear left door and glass completely smashed and broken. It was gathering dust in the open, Paint on this door was scraped thanks to the crash and I could also see some rust forming on the door.
They might paint, repair this and try to pass this car as a brand new one to some unsuspecting buyer.
I advice anyone buying a golden petrol manza from Concorde motors to be careful and make sure they are not getting this.

Later on Team-bhp I learned about KHT motors. I did call KHT and the staff seemed very friendly and cooperative on the phone. They were even ready to bring the car to my place. But by then it was too late. My experience with concorde turned me away from TATA.
KHT seems a better than concorde.
I really thought the manza would be our next car being a full sedan and fully loaded, but thanks to concorde I went with Ford for now.
Captain Slow is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th March 2010, 14:50   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
My conclusion TATA's Concorde motors to be the worst of the lot! .
+1 to that. even though i got my Manza from Concorde was really not happy with the way they handle customers, long and very long waiting hours etc.
Was somewhat happy with KHT motors (but will have to wait and see as this is a new showroom and no idea for how long will they keep that smiling face and will take care of the customers).
Old 14th June 2010, 07:17   #3
BHPian

When I had to book the Punto, I tried calling the guys at Concorde many times for test drives but no one ever called back. I had expressed my interest over buying a car and I took the price list as well. But I guess, they weren't keen on selling it. So went to Prerana on ORR.
Old 2nd August 2010, 19:41   #4
BHPian

I had booked a test drive of the Safari from Concorde last weekend. The response was very prompt, the demo car arrived at my home almost at the appointed time and the sales person who came along was very patient and methodical. He explained all the features and the discounts offered by Concorde.

I had a similar experience with KHT too. They were also very prompt in response and professional in their dealings. The KHT sales guy tried some hard sell though for a booking amount/confirmation (scare tactics like, Prices going up in Aug./Freebies are valid only for July). It didnt work though.

I guess it all depends on which sales person you meet at the dealership first. I must have been lucky at both dealerships.

However, I will be going ahead with booking the Safari with Concorde, because they offered me bettter discounts and freebies. I have not decided where to service the car though. May be EMM EMM motors at Banaswadi, since it is close to my home. Anyone with feedback on EMM EMM motors?

Last edited by Kairalee : 2nd August 2010 at 19:47.
Old 3rd August 2010, 11:52   #5
BHPian

Hi Kairalee

Greetings & congrats on your Safari

Im also considering a safari GX. What was your trim and would you mind divulging the offer you got?
KHT is chasing me..concorde and prerna was not that prompt except for couple of follow up calls.

thanks in advance
keyan
Old 3rd August 2010, 23:19   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyank View Post
Hi Kairalee

Greetings & congrats on your Safari

Im also considering a safari GX. What was your trim and would you mind divulging the offer you got?
KHT is chasing me..concorde and prerna was not that prompt except for couple of follow up calls.

thanks in advance
keyan
Thank you Keyan.

I suggest you ask for Pravith Kumar at Concorde. He is very responsive and a great help.

Let him know the offers KHT has given you and he will most certainly beat that.

Good luck

Last edited by Kairalee : 3rd August 2010 at 23:20.
Old 6th September 2010, 15:35   #7
BHPian

While taking test drives, i called up Concorde and on the phone they were not very responsive (maybe because of the call volume etc), but once i went there, they were very responsive (it was the weekend too). After waiting for about 10 mins, i got to test drive the Manza Petrol. Post that, I took 3 hours just looking at the cars and thinking about them, The sales man was patient with us and telling us all the features of the car. He was from TATA's side of the house and yet was telling me a lot about the GP and Linea when i was actually checking out the Manza.

I returned the next day and took about 4 hours to decide, Yet he was very patient and told me all the features etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairalee View Post
However, I will be going ahead with booking the Safari with Concorde, because they offered me bettter discounts and freebies. I have not decided where to service the car though. May be EMM EMM motors at Banaswadi, since it is close to my home. Anyone with feedback on EMM EMM motors?
Yes, Concorde at Dairy circle is very far from my house (HRBR) so thinking of trying EMM EMM sometime maybe one of the free services.

Anyone's got good feedback about EMM EMM ???
Old 7th September 2010, 13:29   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper21 View Post

Yes, Concorde at Dairy circle is very far from my house (HRBR) so thinking of trying EMM EMM sometime maybe one of the free services.

Anyone's got good feedback about EMM EMM ???
I have used the services of Emm Emm motors and found them to be quite good. What I liked most is that they give personal attention to your car, which i found lacking in the bigger TASS.

They do forget some minor stuff like when i asked them to tighten the lock of the glove box in my Safari. I went back and reminded them and they were very prompt in attending to it.

But otherwsie, I am quite satisfied with them.
Old 8th September 2010, 20:36   #9
BHPian

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post

My conclusion TATA's Concorde motors to be the worst of the lot!
+101 to that. And they are out of business too. Their Customer lounge at Hosur Road is in shambles with not a single customer around.The other day I overheard one of the SA's desperately trying to convince a sumo customer to have his car repaired. The customer then called some other workshop and found CM's estimate very exorbitant and was therefore reluctant to have it repaired with CM. The SA started to bargain about the total cost and gave a drastic discount to the customer. It clearly showed how desperate they were to get some business.

Also explains the 25% discount they are willing to offer you. Hardly surprising because the initial estimate was probably overdone many times more.

They would have wound up a long time back but since its directly a part of Tata Motors, its standing only to sustain its diminishing prestige.

God bless.....
Old 13th September 2010, 19:58   #10
BHPian

[quote=soccer;2062136]
Quote:

+101 to that. And they are out of business too. Their Customer lounge at Hosur Road is in shambles with not a single customer around.The other day I overheard one of the SA's desperately trying to convince a sumo customer to have his car repaired. The customer then called some other workshop and found CM's estimate very exorbitant and was therefore reluctant to have it repaired with CM. The SA started to bargain about the total cost and gave a drastic discount to the customer. It clearly showed how desperate they were to get some business.

Also explains the 25% discount they are willing to offer you. Hardly surprising because the initial estimate was probably overdone many times more.

They would have wound up a long time back but since its directly a part of Tata Motors, its standing only to sustain its diminishing prestige.

God bless.....
I agree that Concorde is not good at customer service.But Prerana is still worser, they don't even have a Manza test drive car permanently. Many times it was failure trying to get a test drive from them. May be KHT looks good but no experience with them.
The main problem with concorde is they are very unorganised,lack knowledge, no good marketing talent, absolutely knowledgeless salesman.One of the worst showroom in Bangalore(Diary circle) Not even a proper good seating place for customers.Customers are treated like uninvited guests.

I will not agree that Concorde is not selling cars. I think they will be the major sellers of tata cars even more than prerana or KHT.
rki2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2011, 12:42   #11
Senior - BHPian

Re: Concorde motors - Bangalore

Sorry for posting on an old thread, but could anyone tell me where Emm Emm Motors is? I tried Google, but that only returns the one near Kengeri. Since I have had poor experiences with both Concorde and Prerna, I thought I'd try this one out as well. Plus it is not too far from my place in CV Raman Nagar.

PS. This morning I went to Prerna Motors on Old Madras Road, where they flatly refused to take the car, stating that there is a two day waiting period. I presume all the cabs in Bangalore go there. Icing on the cake was that while I waited for them to confirm a slot (after two days) an Indigo CS taxi being moved by the service staff took off and crashed headlong into the building wall. Unfortunately there was a cleaner in between, but fortunately the car wasn't going too fast and the bumper is pretty flexible, so no bones broken. I told them to forget booking anything for me, and effected a speedy exit.
Old 21st February 2011, 17:45   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Sorry for posting on an old thread, but could anyone tell me where Emm Emm Motors is? I tried Google, but that only returns the one near Kengeri. Since I have had poor experiences with both Concorde and Prerna, I thought I'd try this one out as well. Plus it is not too far from my place in CV Raman Nagar.

PS. This morning I went to Prerna Motors on Old Madras Road, where they flatly refused to take the car, stating that there is a two day waiting period. I presume all the cabs in Bangalore go there. Icing on the cake was that while I waited for them to confirm a slot (after two days) an Indigo CS taxi being moved by the service staff took off and crashed headlong into the building wall. Unfortunately there was a cleaner in between, but fortunately the car wasn't going too fast and the bumper is pretty flexible, so no bones broken. I told them to forget booking anything for me, and effected a speedy exit.
Try KHT motors. It is closer to CV Raman Nagar. I used to get my car serviced when I was staying close to HAL airport. They have a free pick up and drop. And I found there service to be reasonable. Certainly, much better than Concorde and Prerna. Tata & Fiat Car Service in Bangalore | K.H.T. Motors

Take left at the first traffic light after Marathalli crossing (while coming from old airport on old airport road). Go for 4-5kms, the service center is on the RHS of the road. Hope this helps!
Old 21st February 2011, 18:57   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Emm Emm Motors is on the service road off the Banaswadi ring road.

While going from the Hebbal side towards K R Puram, on the ORR get on to the service road before the Horamavu underpass and proceed on the service road.

You need to take a left just before the Intimate Tiles showroom. Its easy to miss the turn, so look out for a Tata Motors/Emm Emm motors sign board at the entrance of the turn before the tiles showroom.

Here is the Google map route from the Horamavu Underpass (A) to Emm Emm motors (B).

http://maps.google.co.in/maps?f=d&so...5&ie=UTF8&z=17

I've heard KHT is also very prompt and responsive to customer requirements, but I guess Emm Emm would be closer from CV Raman nagar than KHT if you take the Kasturinagar route.

Last edited by Kairalee : 21st February 2011 at 19:07. Reason: Added route map link.
Old 28th February 2011, 22:44   #14
Senior - BHPian

ambujlal, Kairalee: Thank you!!

Tried out Emm Emm Motors, and I do not have a Very good review of them, although they did the basic servicing well. The rattling from the rear door and front suspension wasn't fixed, though. I'll probably use them for regular servicing cos they're close and generally not too busy

Will try KHT next time. Thanks again!
Old 3rd March 2011, 12:10   #15
BHPian

Quote:
ambujlal, Kairalee: Thank you!!

Tried out Emm Emm Motors, and I do not have a Very good review of them, although they did the basic servicing well. The rattling from the rear door and front suspension wasn't fixed, though. I'll probably use them for regular servicing cos they're close and generally not too busy

Will try KHT next time. Thanks again!
I think while buying from any showroom, we should also think about their servicing record also. If their vehicle servicing record is not good, then better to avoid those showrooms. The reason why i am saying this is because if you are planning to take the AMC(annual maintenance contract), then only that particular showroom will take care of the consumables, and not any other showroom. So, if you are going to take the AMC,take your dealership's post servicing record also into consideration.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks