Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2010, 13:52   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Free Car Care Clinic - 20th to 29th March, 2010

I have received one SMS from my car dealer (Advaith Hyundai, Outer Ring Road, Bangalore).

The SMS says - Hyundai Free Car Care Clinic 20th-29th March 2010, for 80 point free checkup, discounts, free car wash and other offers, visit Advaith Hyundai ORR.

I am curious to know what is the idea behind these free checkup camps/clinics.

My experience with this particular dealership/service centre has been pleasant so far (touch wood).

But as far as cars are concerned, my philosophy is - if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Meaning, I try to avoid visiting the service centre unnecessarily. I feel that the car is better off with as little contact with the service guys as possible.

I have got my i10 serviced almost 2 months back, so a checkup is not really required. But a free wash sounds tempting.

Is it advisable to visit the service centre during these free checkup camps/clinics ?

What type of discounts/offers can be expected in such camps/clinics ?

Please share your experiences.

Rohan
Old 19th March 2010, 15:07   #2
BHPian

I think this service camp is for all over India and I too got a message from Hyundai with some of the service center Ph#. So I called Adyar center and book a service on 24th.I have been servicing with this center for 1 1/2 years and i don't find any issues with them. does anybody have done a paint job in this center , if so let me because i need to do a paint job for my Santro.
Old 19th March 2010, 16:28   #3
BHPian

same here, got SMS from my dealer. I am thinking of doing the check-up. What about other Hyundai owners on Team-BHP?
Old 20th March 2010, 15:04   #4
BANNED

Yes , I received an e-mail regarding this from Hyundai, here are the details in the pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Free Car Care Clinic - 20th to 29th March, 2010-18mar_new.jpg  

Old 20th March 2010, 19:08   #5
BHPian

I went for rear View mirror replacement to Advait hyundai today and they took the car for Free service , they did not charge any thing for service and so called 80 point check list which is mostly silly like air pressure etc ,good part is interior gets vaccumed for free , and a free Water Wash of exterior and engine bay only not under body .
Old 21st March 2010, 18:12   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovergen View Post
I went for rear View mirror replacement to Advait hyundai today and they took the car for Free service , they did not charge any thing for service and so called 80 point check list which is mostly silly like air pressure etc ,good part is interior gets vaccumed for free , and a free Water Wash of exterior and engine bay only not under body .
Any discounts being offered on spare parts and accessories ?

Rohan
Old 21st March 2010, 18:27   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
But as far as cars are concerned, my philosophy is - if it ain't broken, don't fix it.
Very very true & I second your opinion;
But don't worry, services like this are OK; they actually check your brake fluid, coolant level, top up engine oil, check (only check) for suspension; besides all this, they look for new bussines opportunity (possible ways to scare the customer so that they bring their car for a regular service )
Old 21st March 2010, 21:06   #8
Senior - BHPian

Dont worry. These are all genuine deals and have no strings attached.

I try to take advantage of it as much as I can.
Old 30th March 2010, 11:21   #9
Senior - BHPian

Here's my experience:

I went to Sharayu Hyundai, Turbhe, Navi Mumbai yesterday, which was the last day of the free checkup camp. Along with the free checkup, I had requested some work to be done on the following:

1. Headlight alignment: After changing the bulbs, the lights were aiming way up.
2. Driver's side moulding (the black patti) was less a clip and a part of it had separated from the door body.
3. The bonnet release lever was broken, and I had been using the cable to open the bonnet.
4. The roof mounted rear brakelight housing was broken.

The service engineer opined that the moulding strip would have to be replaced and would cost around 1200, the bonnet release cable/lever would have to be replaced, costing Rs. 300 and the roof-mounted brake light would also need to be replaced for Rs. 350. The moulding strip for 1,200/- does sound very strange, but since it was not available in any other shops I had checked with, I went ahead with these estimates.

After the checkup, the headlight alignment was done free of charge, the moulding strip was replaced (the final price was Rs. 935.70/- and I got a discount of 93.57/-, so a 10% discount on materials), the bonnet release cable/lever was working (there's no mention of it in the bill, so I am assuming they just put the cable back in the housing or something, it did work when I checked), and the roof mounted brake light was out of stock, so no work done on it. Labour charges were Rs. 45/- for the moulding strip. I got a discount of Rs. 9/- on it too, so a 20% discount on labour charges.

The 80-point checkup was mainly cosmetic, with in-car vaccuuming and top body wash, tyre pressure check being free. Most of the points were things like proper operation of the doors, bonnet door, boot door, locks, central/remote locking etc. So while nothing special about the checkup itself, it was a good opportunity to get some long-pending work done and save up on the material/labour costs.
Old 30th March 2010, 12:00   #10
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
I have got my i10 serviced almost 2 months back, so a checkup is not really required. But a free wash sounds tempting.
Rohan,

You do get the discount on parts/labour as claimed. MUL also does these check-up camps often, but there you get free top-up of all vital fluids (e-oil, g-oil, brake fluid, coolant, power steering fluid) as well. Hyundai doesn't offer these freebies as yet me thinks. But yeah like you said, its worth going there for a free wash

Cheers,
gpa
Old 30th March 2010, 23:55   #11
Senior - BHPian

I forgot to mention, the 80-point list had one item, Engine Scanning. I am assuming it means they plug a computer in to diagnose the vital stats of your engine. Dunno if they did it or what results it produced.
Old 31st March 2010, 01:05   #12
Senior - BHPian

I gave my car for this clinic and they did a fabulous job. They vaccumed the interiors completely, not shampooing though, but cleaned every other bit of the car including greasing, tightening and overhauling in places.

Good job non the less
Old 28th October 2010, 23:22   #13
BANNED

Hyundai Free Car Care Clinic 22nd - 31st October 2010

Hyundai Free Car Care Clinic 22nd - 31st October 2010
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Free Car Care Clinic - 20th to 29th March, 2010-fccc.jpg  

Old 29th October 2010, 10:04   #14
Senior - BHPian

The Car Care Clinic started on 22nd, but they sent me the mail today (29th), with only 3 day remaining.

They should send the information regarding these things well in advance so that we can plan accordingly.

Rohan
Old 16th November 2011, 15:35   #15
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Free Car Care Clinic - 20th to 29th March, 2010

Free car care clinic - 11th to 20th November. Does it make sense to take the car for a paid service during this time? Sceptic since the workload would be more during these days.

Mods - Can you change the dates in the title of this thread please?
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Free Car Care Clinic - 20th to 29th March, 2010-serviceadd.jpg  

Last edited by kalpeshc : 16th November 2011 at 15:45. Reason: Request to mods added

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks