Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2010, 14:27   #1
BHPian

Pandit Auto - Punto Booking experience

I would like to post the experiences I'm getting with Pandit Auto (Pune).

On May20th I booked Punto E MJD and paid 1 Lakh booking amount. Delivery date was promised around 28th May. All the discounts that were prevalant at that time like free insurance, 10K discount etc. were offered.

So far so good. Good experience.

27th May.
I give a call (no call from sales person) and I'm informed that car will arrive in stockyard on 30th so delivery will be on 31st.

30th May.
Again I call (no call from sales person) and this time the delivery date is told 8th - 10th June.

7th June.
No call from dealer, I call up to check the delivery date. I'm told it will be around 15th June. I some how accept. Since I had done the booking in May and have paid the booking amount, I just check with dealer if Punto price rise will impact me. I'm shocked to hear that I will have to bear the price rise as the car will be invoiced in June.

Now is it my fault that there is delay in procuring the car and that I have to bear the brunt of price rise in June??

Not acceptable, plain cheating.

I would rate the dealer experience nothing short of pathetic.

I have emailed FIAT,TATA Motors and Pandit people about the same today. Waiting for their reply.

If anyone is having Rajeev Kapoor's email ID do send me the same. I would like keep him updated about the dealership experience.

Just that I'm a FIAT fan I'm sticking around. Had it been a normal customer I'm sure no one would have even cared to go ahead and take the delivery of the car.
Old 7th June 2010, 14:37   #2
BHPian

Pathetic, how could they simply say that you will have to bear the costing. You have done the booking in the month of May so it should not be the case.
Buddy, try your hand at the senior level, albeit I am not too sure as to how much it would help, but if nothing happens, go to a consumer court. You will settle it much quickly.
No Offense, but even if how much bigger a fan you are of Fiat, in no way succumb to the urge of paying that extra amount to get your car sooner.
Old 7th June 2010, 14:53   #3
BHPian

After the bad experience you had while buying the Linea ; I wonder why you went to Pandit again ???

I remember writing in your linea buying experience thread : Pandit Auto is NOT interested in selling Fiat cars. They have plenty of orders for Tata vehicles (including the taxi & BPO segment)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1416038

In fact, I have once heard one Pandit sales guy say to the other "6 Tata gaadya vikto tevha kuthay 1 Fiat vikli jatay. Kuthay vel ghalvu tya gadyanvar" ?

Translation : "When 6 Tata vehicles are sold, 1 Fiat vehicle is sold. Why should I waste my time trying to sell a Fiat" ?

Pandit now has separate sales guys for Fiat cars : but at the end of the day : the attitude / approach towards a customer is driven from the top. Pandit never has changed and never will.
Old 7th June 2010, 14:54   #4
Senior - BHPian

If closely see the quotation as well as the receipt from the dealer, it will state the price that a customer will have to pay is what is applicable on the date of invoice and not on the date of booking. But if the amounts are not too high, the dealer will absorb that margin and claim it from manufacturer.

I feel over here the dealer is trying his luck to see whether you'll buckle or not. Just shout and threaten to cancel your booking; I'm sure they'll fall in line.
Old 7th June 2010, 15:07   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
After the bad experience you had while buying the Linea ; I wonder why you went to Pandit again ???

I remember writing in your linea buying experience thread : Pandit Auto is NOT interested in selling Fiat cars. They have plenty of orders for Tata vehicles (including the taxi & BPO segment)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1416038

In fact, I have once heard one Pandit sales guy say to the other "6 Tata gaadya vikto tevha kuthay 1 Fiat vikli jatay. Kuthay vel ghalvu tya gadyanvar" ?

Translation : "When 6 Tata vehicles are sold, 1 Fiat vehicle is sold. Why should I waste my time trying to sell a Fiat" ?

Pandit now has separate sales guys for Fiat cars : but at the end of the day : the attitude / approach towards a customer is driven from the top. Pandit never has changed and never will.
All of the sales guy have attitude over there. Based on my Grande's Booking and delivery process, they just do not seem to care about customer and do not even have courtesy to talk proper.
Old 7th June 2010, 15:07   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post

You are right I had eariler purchased Linea from Pandit with a "experience".

Inspite of bad sales experience earlier, I choose Pandit over BUB as I did not had a good experience with BUB during test drive. They had this speedo wire cut and the vehicle had not "Demo" stickers on. Surely this would be have been passed as a lemon to unsuspecting customers.
With Pandit at least they have dedicated TD vehicles, so at least I'm sure lemons won't be passed.

It may sound absurd but I wanted peace of mind and wanted car which is not abused during TD.
Old 7th June 2010, 15:13   #7
BHPian

It is possible that Tata's have more margins on their cars, which results in salespersons getting a bigger cut.

That also may go to say how much of the car's price is actually in the car wrt both Tatas and Fiats.
Old 7th June 2010, 15:30   #8
Senior - BHPian

As Milecruncher says, I too agree that the prices of the vehicles will be vary at the time of delivery & pls note, this is applicable even for two-wheelers also.

Its quite possible that the car might've been manufactured in Apr/May & would've been delivered to the dealer in the same month. The delay might be caused deliberately by the dealer to add additional profits. One good & most difficult way to identify is to check the VIN number of the vehicle & quote it when writing to Tata so as to identify when the shipment was being made.
Old 7th June 2010, 15:53   #9
BHPian

Hi,
When I bought my Linea i had a different experience. Pandit auto wasn't interested in providing any correct information. Though I did have a problem with BU Bhandari for the test drive part but after that the experience has been good so far. Infact their after sales service is commendable..... I guess with the new mercedez benz dealership they had to bring it up to the German's standards....just a thought.
Old 7th June 2010, 16:02   #10
BHPian

Pandit auto is NOT interested in FiaT, both the sales and the ownership experience will be Dismal.There might be initial hiccups at6 BU bhandari but the ownership experience more than makes up for it. their wakad *** has plenty of FIAT enthusiasts
Old 7th June 2010, 16:04   #11
BHPian

Pandit Auto was the ONLY reason why I didn't go for Punto. Punto checked on all of the boxes on my requirement list, but Pandit auto spoiled the party. They made me wait 2 hrs at their showroom for a test drive, which eventually they could not arrange for. Finally after letting them know that I was not satisfied with them I walked out of the showroom, but they never gave me a call back. Dealers like these spoil the reputation of the manufacturer and the car.
Old 7th June 2010, 16:47   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickxx2006 View Post
If anyone is having Rajeev Kapoor's email ID do send me the same. I would like keep him updated about the dealership experience.
Write to Rajeev Kapoor at:
Fiat India

I was well informed by my friends regarding Pandit, hence did not bother to visit them and got my Fiat from B.U.B. I found B.U.B's guys at the service center are more courteous then the one they have in their showroom. As far as I'm concerned I had good experience with B.U.B.
Old 7th June 2010, 16:59   #13
Senior - BHPian

You will have to pay the price of the vehicle as applicable on the day of the invoicing.
Ask the dealer for the VIN number of the car being allocated to you (you can get it even if the vehicle is in transit) to determine that atleast you have a June manufactured car.

If the dealer is/was deliberately holding a car back from you to get a bigger margin, escalate it.
Old 9th June 2010, 11:14   #14
BHPian

Update -

I spoke with the branch manager in Pandit Auto and he informed me that the delay was due to unavailability of cars from FIAT. I had opened a line of communication with FIAT and they informed me that the car has been "build" on priority and will be billed to the dealer in a day or two.

In all since the car is manifactured in June, I will have to bear price rise of 5000 odd Rs.

So the scene is now clarified.

I'm pissed off with the dealer on following reasons though -

1) Hopeless sales person who has given a delivery date which was not feasible at all.

2) No followup with the customer to inform the dealy.

Also, the branch manager showed me bookings of people right from 12th & 13th May but they have not got the cars as the dealer hasnt got them from FIAT. He was saying that at max the car should have been built in the factory in max 15 days time. And that its the same situation with any dealer.

Not sure how much truth is out there, but surely the end customer is suffering.

Last edited by maverickxx2006 : 9th June 2010 at 11:17.
Old 9th June 2010, 12:41   #15

Pundit Experience

Wow - I booked a Punto MJD Emotion exactly on 22nd of May. Although I was aware of the calousness of the Pundit guys , I still went ahead with them because BU never bothered to show up for TD.

Well when I booked the car I had asked them specifically about the price rise issue and was informed that I will be invoiced with new price from 1 June and also Fiat may withdraw the discounts.

I made it loud and clear that by 30th May 2010 if I do not have the invoice in my hand - I will cancel the booking. I had paid 1.25L as booking. Since I took finance from the banking fellow sitting in Pundit, I applied for loan with the two bankers sitting in Pundit and spelt out clear that who ever can process the loan fastest and make pandit deliver me within 30th - gets the deal.

The car was invoiced on 29th May and I took it out 4 days laters. Even for the delivery of the car they had no idea. Suddenly the cleaner calls me at 7 in the evening and starts enquiring why I am not at the dealer to take delivery. I called up the sales agent and he says he has no idea . I went to the dealers place the next day morning and got the car.

The only lucky draw in this game was - the color I was looking for was there in their yard. All i needed to do was make them run.

Coming to the case of dealer experience - I did not really expect anything. The sales agent changed 3ice in the whole event. I had no I had to wait even for making payments. And delivery of the car was a low key affair. I went and took the car and drove home. It was no different from buying grocery.

Even the high volume marutis are a good in their way of work

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks