Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2010, 16:23   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Soon, all the North India BHPians will have their own track to play on. Yup, the Jaypee Group intends to rent out the track through the non-F1 weekends.
They've already given us one - the Greater Noida expressway!
Old 27th September 2010, 16:55   #17
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Wait till December when T and T motors will open the country's largest 3 floor luxury car showroom at Mathura Road (MCIE) for Mercedes Benz with a seperate floor for pre owned, CBUs and yes, an AMG lounge is also planned.
Old 28th September 2010, 16:29   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
They've already given us one - the Greater Noida expressway!
Sorry OT:
Bro, expressway is not safe for driving, I have been there once an the traffic that day was the worst I saw. UP xxx number jeeps and people carriers driving mad on road with no indication to when they would like to stop or switch lanes. Even the smaller vehicle seeing the open road max themselves and I saw one tyre burst at high speed. Very scary
Old 28th September 2010, 16:56   #19
Senior - BHPian

Hey Sniper,

Fully agree. I meant that totally in jest for the exact same reasons.

I commute daily on the gurgaon expressway so I know - you missed the sunday drivers concentrating hard on keeping their cars in the rightmost lane at 70 kph
Old 29th September 2010, 17:01   #20
Senior - BHPian

^70kmph is a healthy one for weekdays. I hate to weave, its done with utter disdain for life. I sometimes wonder if they even realize what can happen at 90kmph if they even slightly touch another one on highway.

I get my thrills on Sunday morning
Old 30th September 2010, 12:03   #21
BHPian

HI BMW has a showroom opp Nehru Centre at worli which is near enough south mumbai.
Old 30th September 2010, 17:13   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Even in Bombay, Mercedes & Audi have prime showroom locations. Don't recollect any BMW dealership in South Mumbai (an area which is considered upmarket).

Why ? Infinity Motors ( BMW ) IMO falls in 1 of the plush localities in Worli. In fact, 1 of the most exclusive areas I'd say considering the presence of the Atria mall, Rolls Royce, Ducati, Jag & LR showrooms and the very VERY expensive real estate coming up in neighboring locations .
Yes, on the visibility front, they are lacking as Infinity is not on the main road, its inside the Nehru centre premises near "Jewel Of India"

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 30th September 2010 at 17:14.
Old 30th September 2010, 19:42   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Interesting. It sounds awesome and oneupmanship only on paper. In reality, its a mad jostle to get to the place. If only they'd located it somewhere more accessible and truly upmarket like the Galaxy Hotel, Gurgaon or the mall opposite. The IDC is erm ... downmarket - stuffed between one of NCR's largest Maruti service center (Apra) and a craps**t Tata ASC (Dhingra motors) amidst a decidedly low-brow industrial area (aint no DLF phase II corporate HQ, this IDC). Will be interesting to see the luxobarges wade through the regular 6" deep, 50m long section of water that collects before Apra

Like someone said, lies, damned lies and statistics.

Seen this from outside on the weekend, as grand, but overall impact nowhere as posh as the Ambi mall outlet or Audi gurgaon or Mercedes showroom (along with the associated full-building ad that they had).

/don't drive a luxobarge nor intend to own one anytime soon
//word for the day - keechad mai kamal !!
@anon: It'd be costlier to get the Germans to come over and give detailed training - SG & KL would be cheaper places

Most of your points are valid. I like the phrase "keechad mein kamal"
But one has to understand that a facility of this magnitude could come up only in an authorized industrial area.

If it were in sector 29 or something there is no way they could run a workshop there. So, though I agree that the location may not be super prime, but for a showroom cum workshop, it is perfectly suited. If you do the math on the real estate values, you'd know why the location is where it is !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I'd agree with that ^^. Its the worst possible location for a super luxury brand.
Easier said than done. There are "rules" which Bird has followed and rightly so. Had they opened in Udyog Vihar, they'd have to pay exhorbitant rentals & would always have the sword of closure hanging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamerBoy View Post
Yes. Agreed. Location could have been way better. But IMO that's what Gurgaon leaves for investors. To create a Sales+Service facility within city limits...where would you go? Very restricted options I am told.

BTW, do we have any big Sales cum Service facility in Gurgaon's swanky areas. Sadly, IDC is the only place where I see big integrated facilities within Gurgaon city limits. I hope it gets better with time. More organization plus paved roads.

The bitter reality is service stations are not welcomed in Gurgaon. For my other car (Ford) the service outlet has moved out 12 kms from city centre and they do not offer pick up and drop facility. Something within the city is good enough I feel. Rest I cuss the town planners.
You are spot on. And the Ambience Mall showroom still stands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
^^agreed.
:shocked IDC, why o' why?

Toyota/Merc/Ford/Maruti all are there. Why does that weird place attract car companies, need to research.
Simply due to lack of options & it is pretty close to the city center. New Gurgaon & Old Gurgaon are both accessable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Bird Auto already have a showroom in the upmarket Ambience Mall in Gurgaon, that too is located on the prime slot. They have come up with this new showroom to rival Audi, which has a HUGE showroom on Golf Course Road near sec-56 which has almost every Audi sold in India on display.

I guess this is the same showroom where the new Refreshed X-5 was launched.
+1 to that - but it is more because of paucity of space at the Ambience Mall & the math goes in their favour.

Quote:
Anshuman,

you are correct. They should've made something like the audi showroom, which is now a landmark of sorts (it was earlier amity gol chakkar, now its audi chowk! ).

@sniper/beamer: agree. limited choices companies have.
The Audi is showroom only, whereas BMW have 4S (all-in-one), logistically it makes things much better.
The Audi workshop was in a godforesaken street in Pace City earlier. Bumper high water in the rains was the norm. They now have a facility on the NH-8

Hope the above will help better understand the move !!

Cheerio
Old 28th May 2016, 11:54   #24
Senior - BHPian

Re: BMW launches the largest dealership in the luxury car segment in India

BMW India expands dealership network, appoints Libra Autohaus as its dealer for Delhi NCR

Quote:
BMW India has appointed Libra Autohaus as its third dealer for Delhi NCR. Libra Autohaus is operational at Naraina Industrial Area in New Delhi, where customers and prospects can experience the BMW product range. The dealership is headed by Manreet Singh Libra, Managing Director, Libra Autohaus. Apart from Libra Autohaus, Delhi NCR region is supported by Deutsche Motoren and Bird Automotive dealerships. Currently, BMW India has 40 sales outlets in the Indian market.

Speaking about the new dealership, Frank Schloeder, (Act.) President, BMW Group India said that Since its inception, BMW is very excited to further strengthening its presence in Delhi NCR region with the addition of third dealership – Libra Autohaus to offer our fascinating products and services. The facility further reiterates the car maker’s firm commitment to serve its customers with the highest level of enthusiasm and passion.
Motoroids
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2016, 13:27   #25
Team-BHP Support

Re: BMW launches the largest dealership in the luxury car segment in India

BMW already had 2 dealers with 4 -5 showrooms in Delhi - NCR. It definitely means that new management is not satisfied with existing setup, perhaps they are too big groups & run by professionals having a lot of overheads.

BMW probably wants new ownership driven setup , I can think of Chandigarh & Mumbai as an example where owners are themselves keen to pitch in to close the deal and have seen them working occasionally on costs just to push for sales as against Manager driven Gurgaon & Delhi. In any case, it will be good for customers in North. I understand they will operate for a while from their Hyundai dealership before they move to Rajouri Garden Ring Road next door to T&T Mercedes

Last edited by Turbanator : 28th May 2016 at 13:31.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks