Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2010, 14:23   #1
BHPian

The Polo delivery disaster continues...

I would like to share my experience and take advice from fellow bhpians on my ordeal with VW and one of its dealership. I happen to book a Polo 1.6 on 12-Aug at VW Downtown Bangalore by paying 20K booking advance. Got a commitment from the sales executive promising delivery within 3 months. This vehicle was to replace my aging Swift and I planned the sale of my trusted old horse so that it coincided with the delivery of Polo, in accordance to this plan I parted ways with my swift last week. Right from Sept i have been following up regularly with VW Downtown on the delivery schedules, sadly they have been master's of dubious replies and cooking up stories. Let me narrate the script...
  • Chapter: Dealership
    Sept story, the wait
    "The car is not allotted to you currently, as soon as we have the allotment status we will definitely get back to you". 3 calls made in Sept had the same standard answer.

Oct story, the twist
    "The car is not in production yet, the production is due to start in the 3rd or 4th week of Oct. We will get back to you with the allotment status shortly". I confronted by saying that i know of at least 3 1.6 Polo's delivered in Bangalore, dealer replies: "those have been trial batches. Production is yet to start".

Nov story, the big bang
    Scene1, 2-Nov: "The car is not in production yet, production is due to start in the coming week".
    Scene2, 10-Nov: "The car is not in production yet, production is due to start in Feb 2011".

• Chapter: The toll free number
    Oct story, Thank you for calling
    Called the Toll free customer care number to check if the 1.6 is in production, the answer was very clear "Polo 1.6 is in production" and they provided me details of the model.

Nov story, Polo 1.6 what's that?
    Again called the Toll free number, this time they informed "We have not been provided with any information on the Polo 1.6 model".

• Chapter: The company, Das Auto
    Oct story
    Wrote an email to their customer care (they don't care) illustrating my plight, as expected 'no response'.

Nov story
    Sent another email to the customer care today after this big bang.

Frankly speaking i do not know what to expect, I almost blew my top but then quickly realized that it is not to my advantage. I hope others who have gone through a similar ordeal can guide me and prospective VW buyers be informed and warned, this is what awaits you.
Old 10th November 2010, 14:26   #2
BANNED

Did you really need all this?! There are so many other good cars in the market with far more better service. Go for it, if you can't wait!
Old 10th November 2010, 14:27   #3
Team-BHP Support

How is the status of the Fabia 1.6? Any change or the same answers?
May be worthwhile to check that status as well.
Old 10th November 2010, 14:58   #4
BHPian

There are many reports of deliveries getting delayed in case of volkswagen. Are they screwing up the production?
Old 10th November 2010, 15:24   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hey but Polo 1.6 is getting delivered. I saw many threads detailing the same. Arindam from Kolkota got it. There were few more whose name I cant recollect. How can they say that production will start in 2011?
Old 10th November 2010, 15:49   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Hey but Polo 1.6 is getting delivered. I saw many threads detailing the same. Arindam from Kolkota got it. There were few more whose name I cant recollect. How can they say that production will start in 2011?
This thread exists because I know half a dozen polo's have been delivered in Bangalore alone, that is what is raising by blood pressure. Looking for explanations and guidance on how to tackle these impostors.
Old 10th November 2010, 18:38   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luky_13 View Post
This thread exists because I know half a dozen polo's have been delivered in Bangalore alone, that is what is raising by blood pressure. Looking for explanations and guidance on how to tackle these impostors.
The 1.6 Polo is very much in production, as you already guessed. But the fact is supply of 1.6s to dealers is very, very low. There is a demand for the 1.6, although not so high to justify the delay. It's just that they aren't making them in enough numbers.

Anyway, I've sent you a PM.
Old 10th November 2010, 21:13   #8
BHPian

me in the same boat as you are . Only difference is i booked it 3 days after you did and it is a 1.2 petrol trendline

The excuses i have heard until now is that

1. Trendline production is low and so it has been delayed
2. Bookings have increased in Aug and hence the delay
3. Red is a very popular color hence the delay

I have retorted to all the BS and have also taken the initiative to vent my frustration to VW customer care directly too.

Very similar response
Old 10th November 2010, 21:33   #9
Senior - BHPian

You have called them up,shot mail to the officials, what else can you possibly do now?

If you are not hell bent, I suggest you look at other options.

God save VW, their incapacity to deliver is more in news than their products!!
Old 10th November 2010, 21:55   #10
BHPian

Luky - After going through your experiences, do you really want to wait longer & be tortured in the same manner the dealer has handled your order ? If this is the story before delivery, imagine how will the after sales be ? I would suggest you cancel the booking, for a company/dealer which takes better care of its customers & respects them. Go for a Hyundai/Maruti, the products may not be the best but the customer service definitely is & makes up for all product shortcomings ! Im a very happy & satisfied customer of Maruti, inspite of having an ANHC & BMW 3 series at home & can confidently state the way im treated is better than that of Honda & even BMW.
Old 10th November 2010, 21:58   #11
Senior - BHPian

Luky , if the pre sales is like this , then after sales ... you should be really lucky .
Old 10th November 2010, 22:15   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Luky , if the pre sales is like this , then after sales ... you should be really lucky .
Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
Luky - After going through your experiences, do you really want to wait longer & be tortured in the same manner the dealer has handled your order ? If this is the story before delivery, imagine how will the after sales be ? I would suggest you cancel the booking, for a company/dealer which takes better care of its customers & respects them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
You have called them up,shot mail to the officials, what else can you possibly do now?

If you are not hell bent, I suggest you look at other options.

God save VW, their incapacity to deliver is more in news than their products!!
I agree with your comments, I would have cancelled the booking if it were not for the 1.6 litre engine. What amazes me is how can a automotive giant just go numb on all fronts, sheer indifference and ignorance and still continue to rake in 5000 odd bookings every month. Very weird.

I also agree with Nirmal, having owned 3 maruti's in the past. Each has lasted a trouble free and hassle free tenor pre and post sales.
Old 13th November 2010, 06:26   #13

Do you have a written statement saying he will deliver in three months? If he doesnt, threaten to go to consumer court or something. Or write to one of the Auto magazines about your problem.
Old 13th November 2010, 08:38   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Do you have a written statement saying he will deliver in three months? If he doesnt, threaten to go to consumer court or something. Or write to one of the Auto magazines about your problem.
I don't think most dealers would commit delivery dates on paper and VW is no exception. I have written a few emails to their pre-sales but in vain.

Last edited by luky_13 : 13th November 2010 at 08:39. Reason: spelling
Old 13th November 2010, 09:49   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luky_13 View Post
I don't think most dealers would commit delivery dates on paper and VW is no exception.
Not true- VW Pune mentions expected date of delivery on the advance receipt. The fact that it says 3-4 months (I booked Vento AT in October) is the reason I'm waiting patiently and not blowing my top at these guys.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks