Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2010, 16:05   #16
BHPian

Re: FIAT Dreadful Experience - KB Motors, Alipore, Kolkata

well u dont need a team-bhp checklist for buying a new car. All you need to ensure is you sign the dotted line after you have seen the car physically. I always do that. Visually inpect the car inside out because a lot of times the dealers drive the cars around as if they are in F1 and bang it. Then they fix it up themselves and sell it to an unsuspecting customer. When you are putting in so much money you might as well go check it instead of it getting delivered to you
Old 13th December 2010, 09:54   #17
BHPian

Latest update:
Since I insisted that I will not accept the repainted door and bonnet, they have agreed to replace exchange these with parts from a new Punto. Now the catch is, that as per them, they do not have a new red Punto. So I will have to wait till a new vehicle comes in this colour. Going by my experience, I am sure that KB Motors will keep me waiting indefinitely. Other problems like seat belt, bumper light, etc have been put right.
Old 13th December 2010, 11:29   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

How can they do that? That leaves them with another sub-standard car. They might just as well order factory-finished parts in the correct colour. If they are really prepared to do a swap with another vehicle, then they must be prepared to palm that vehicle off on someone else.

Surely time to walk away from these people. It must be very frustrating and sad.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 13th December 2010 at 11:30.
Old 13th December 2010, 12:48   #19
BHPian

Why don't you cancel the booking and go either to another dealer or buy another brand.
Old 13th December 2010, 13:12   #20
BHPian

I think you have been decidedly laid back about purchasing your car. it's much different from free-home-delivery food you see.

take a stand and ask for replacement with new vehicle. Escalate using the information shared in the thread.
Old 13th December 2010, 19:19   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
How can they do that? That leaves them with another sub-standard car. They might just as well order factory-finished parts in the correct colour. If they are really prepared to do a swap with another vehicle, then they must be prepared to palm that vehicle off on someone else.
Surely they have plans of passing on that 'new' vehicle with my old door and bonnet to someone else.
Old 13th December 2010, 23:20   #22
Senior - BHPian

Has the car been registered in your name?
Old 14th December 2010, 01:48   #23
BHPian

This is horrendous. KB motors got too much guts to deliver this car
I guess you should have taken few pictures and taken them to consumer court. We should not spare these dealers by any cost.

BTW, did you get any reply from Fiat India??
Old 14th December 2010, 11:17   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Has the car been registered in your name?
Yes..the car is registered and number plates are also on.
Old 14th December 2010, 11:26   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by camchennai View Post
This is horrendous. KB motors got too much guts to deliver this car
I guess you should have taken few pictures and taken them to consumer court. We should not spare these dealers by any cost.

BTW, did you get any reply from Fiat India??
No reply received from Fiat till now.
In fact, I got a call from someone in Fiat (020- number) and thought that my emails had worked. But it turned out that it was a Fiat call centre calling me up for a Punto test drive!!! When I told her that I had already bought a Punto and was facing issues with it, she said "sorry for the inconvenience" and disconnected!
Old 17th December 2010, 11:04   #26
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Sorry to say, but you were asking for trouble. Despite being a BHPian, why on earth didn't you run through the Team-BHP PDI checklist? Either ways, I hope the matter gets resolved. If I were you, I'd only accept another brand new car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmarishi View Post
well u dont need a team-bhp checklist for buying a new car. All you need to ensure is you sign the dotted line after you have seen the car physically. I always do that. Visually inpect the car inside out because a lot of times the dealers drive the cars around as if they are in F1 and bang it. Then they fix it up themselves and sell it to an unsuspecting customer. When you are putting in so much money you might as well go check it instead of it getting delivered to you
That's a self-contradictory post. What you've recommended is exactly the Team-BHP PDI checklist

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks